Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts

Question 50th Rallye Sanremo 2008

Now I know it is very very early, but please bear with me :

I was just wondering if anyone had any idea if the program of the rally will be the same as 2007 was - that is, some stages on the Thursday evening, a couple on Friday morning/lunchtime and a full day on Saturday?

(hopefully it will be)

Anyone any ideas yet?
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    I mean you are thinking too early

Liked 21 Times in 8 Posts
    It's definitely too early, but I think, that Sanremo 07 had very unfriendly scheme...

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    The only thing I know at this stage is that the Rally will last 3 days, for the rest ...yes it's too early :
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Here's the program (italian only at the moment)

http://www.sportautomoto.it/News.asp?ID=13590
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 407 Times in 272 Posts
    I see they have a stage of almost 60 kms in lenght, wich will be run in the dark. I think we will see big differences in times there

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    That will be a true hardcore challenge! But I don't think that making one stage that much longer than the others is very good idea...
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by pino
    Here's the program (italian only at the moment)

http://www.sportautomoto.it/News.asp?ID=13590
    Fantastico!

Grazie

If I remember rightly they had a 53km stage in 2003, and the top two drivers were seperated by just 0.3 seconds so it's not all about big gaps because of the long stage
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Mirek Fric [Cze
    ]That will be a true hardcore challenge! But I don't think that making one stage that much longer than the others is very good idea...
    This 59,90 km stage (SS4), is SS1 + SS2 + SS3 and is the mythic "Ronde del Monte Bignone"
    Thierry
    La violence est le dernier refuge de l'incompétence

Wink Description of errors in students’ English writing

2. Description of errors in students’ English writing “An error can be defined as a deviation from the norms of the target language”. It takes place as a result of lack of knowledge. It represents a lack of linguistic competence .A mistakes occurs when learners fail to perform their competence.Shaiya gold3. Problems involved in students’ writing 3.1 Improper choices of words In writing, quite a number of students fail to choose and use the correct and appropriate English words. They could not discriminate the synonyms. The following examples are taken from students’ writings:fly for fun gold(1) In area, China is the third largest state in the world.(2) The program has won the support of the whole land.(3) China is my native nation.(4) The company is of country-owned enterprise.(5) They lived in a little town.(6) I can never forget the small town where I spent my happy childhood.The above sentences are unacceptable. Students mingle the meaning of words. Country, nation, state and land have more or less the same denotation and may all be translated into guojia in Chinese, but their connotations are quite different. Country refers to an area of land and its population and government, nation emphasizes the people of a country, state refers to the government or political organization of country, and land is less precise but more literary and emotive than country. Small and little are often interchangeable, but there is some difference in emotional coloring between them. Small is objective, while little may imply a feeling of fondness. Therefore, the above sentences could be revised as the following 1) In area, China is the third largest country in the world.(2) The program has won the support of the whole nation.(3) China is my native land.(4) The company is of state-owned enterprises.(5) They lived in a small town.(6) I can never forget the little town where I spent my happy childhood.EVE ISK3.2 Problems involved in collocation of words Wrongly collocating words is very common in English writing. Students have little awareness of the collocation of words. Just look at the following examples selected from students’ writings 1) Nowadays, the traffic in big cities is getting more and more crowed.In this sentence, heavy should replace the word traffic. In English, crowed could not be used to modify “traffic”, although we may guess the meaning, it is wrong to English-speaking people.(2) For some students, the tuition feesare so expensive that they cannot afford them.age of Conan goldIn English speaking country, they used to say high or fees rather than expensive or cheap fees. So expensive should be replaced by high.(3) Some university graduates find that the opportunities to get a good job are becoming smaller and smaller. Opportunity usually used along with the word such as rare, scanty, and poor. The word smaller should be replaced by poorer.twelve sky gold