Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

How fast will C4 be?

One of the most burning question for the coming season is competitivenes of Citroen's new C4. This thread is for your opinion.

My guess is that C4 is not overally much faster than Xsara. In certain rallies it's probably bit faster but in some rallies it could be slower. What I have seen from the tests the car seems to slide much like 307. Both these cars (C4 and 307) have builded on same bottom construction (cannot recall the right word).
    C4 could be difficult in tricky rallies like Norway and Sardinia. In fast rallies the car will be very good as 307 was; PSA cars traditionally has clear engine-power advantage over other teams. From the start 307 was very bad on asphalt due to wrong weigh distribution (common recognition of many sources). What I have heard with C4 weigh distribution is designed with opposite way to 307 (C4 has more weigh in the middle of the car). I believe that C4 is at its strongest on asphalt and it's more or less better balanced that 307 was.

Guy Frequelin has said that C4 is already faster than Xsara. If it's true will be seen. I can recall how before the seasons 2004 some sources from Peugeot said that 307 was almost second per/km faster than 206. In reality 307 was at best only marginally faster than 206 before 2004. We will know something after Monte but I think that we can do more excessive conclusions after snow rallies.

To sum up my guesswork: C2 is well competitive but not superior compared to others. Whether Loeb will win the championship withy it is down to him and down to reliability of the car.
    I am a big fan of Andy Aigner

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    If it's only as fast as the Xsara, Loeb will still steer it to the worldchampionship.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Don't forget about reliability, just because its Citroen doesn't necessarily mean it wont brake.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Citroen has tested C4 longer than Ford has tested Focus. Based on previous fact Grönholm has said that he believes that C4 is reliable from the start. Altough it would be macigal work by Citroen if the car is from the start as invulnerable as Xsara. Test environment doesn't inevitably show all weak-points of the car which are manifested in races. We will see. My guess is that Loeb has only 1-2 technical major problems in coming season.
    I am a big fan of Andy Aigner

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    If he has 2, that awfull percentage. That would double his problems with car.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finni
    Both these cars (C4 and 307) have builded on same bottom construction (cannot recall the right word).
    Chassis?

What I have heard with C4 weigh distribution is designed with opposite way to 307 (C4 has more weigh in the middle of the car). .
    Center of Gravity? Škoda changed theirs and altered it when the Fabia came out. But the Octavia was a different car altogether.
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Even if the C4 is slower than the road going VTS version Loeb would still be at rally winning pace. If Jean Claude Vaucard has laid just a finger on that car it'll blow everything else off so easy it won't be funny.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Both these cars (C4 and 307) have builded on same bottom construction (cannot recall the right word).
    Floorpan
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    It will be very fast.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My guess is that it's a fast car, but not so easy to drive, and it might also have some problems in the beginning of the season.
    Aja kovaa Pena.