Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I never liked rules that artificially "enhance the show".
    and it's also worrying that this might lead to more rubbish to enhance the show like reverse grids or cars on fire...
    It'd be cool to know if they're on softs or hards but I do hope they don't make it mandatory to use both
    Fan of Timo Glock and proud of it! :champion: 3 podiums, new start as a Virgin :p

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Another stupid rule.
    But looks like we have to live with it.
    Hope it back fires.
    But I expect most will use the soft tyre at the start of the race or at the end so over taking will be even more limited!
    Ayrton Senna Is the one true GOD!

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    I personally think the whole red business is ridiculous.

Its becoming a joke.... the whole thing.
    Ayrton Senna, Legend. R.I.P.

\"If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver. Because we are competing. We are competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us is to compete for a victory. It is not to come third, fourth, fifth or sixth. I race to win\".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Looks like bridgestone will have its way, except it won't be red:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    After much speculation on the subject, Formula 1 is set to adopt Champ Car-inspired “red tire” rules for its 2007 season, autosport.com reports.

According to the report, a “simple marking” that distinguishes both compounds is the likeliest alternative, especially with the Melbourne season opener being less than two weeks away. That marking could be a large white circle on the sidewall, which would remain visible with the wheel in motion.

Another reason to veto the red sidewalls in F1 would be a much higher cost than in Champ Car, given that the amount of tires taken to each race is much larger.

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/35806/
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I wish they would just make up their minds on this... Wonder if this new rule will make the tires look like they have white walls? Not a pleasant thought... :
    The Preceding post may have contained nudity, sexuality, violence, coarse language and Jacques
    Villeneuve and is intended for a mature audience, parental guidance is advised.
    So you wanna know what the PS Stands for.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Totally against it. I actually enjoy it in Champcar because Champcar is its own unique series catering to the driver first and foremost.

However, if indeed this two compound stuff comes to stay at F1 for the forseeable future the best way by far to distiguish the two is to have the hard compounds be grooved the way they've been for the past several years and the soft compounds be full slicks!
    Formula Platypus 2012