Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here comes the reds

Taking a play outa the champcar notebook, it appears that we will have Red tires in F1 after all:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You read it here first - Red Tyres

It is understood that, in order to enhance Bridgestone's visibility after the withdrawal of Michelin, and to spice up the action for spectators, running two distinct tyre compounds - a 'hard' and a 'soft' - during every race will be mandatory for drivers.

http://formula-1.updatesport.com/new...yres/view.html
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

While it should be interesting to see how well teams come up with set-ups that are gonna be friendly to both types of tires, I am looking forward to seeing how the Reds look on a Ferrari...
    The Preceding post may have contained nudity, sexuality, violence, coarse language and Jacques
    Villeneuve and is intended for a mature audience, parental guidance is advised.
    So you wanna know what the PS Stands for.

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    I like. Going to make understanding the race in Melbourne a whole lot easier for me.

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    I hate this kind of crap!

Stop messing around with stupid rules to "enhance the show" and let the best team win.

This is just like the fuel-in qualifying rubbish. Once the teams got the hang of it we rarely saw a mixed up grids and all we got was boring qualifying sessions.

I think the same thing will happen here. The teams will work out when the best time to run the soft tyres is, and they will all run them at the same time, thereby negating any interest at who's on what tyre.

Keep it simple and let them race. Stop dicking around with the sporting regs!
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    I hate this kind of crap!

Stop messing around with stupid rules to "enhance the show" and let the best team win.

This is just like the fuel-in qualifying rubbish. Once the teams got the hang of it we rarely saw a mixed up grids and all we got was boring qualifying sessions.

I think the same thing will happen here. The teams will work out when the best time to run the soft tyres is, and they will all run them at the same time, thereby negating any interest at who's on what tyre.

Keep it simple and let them race. Stop dicking around with the sporting regs!
    But there was already a limit of 2 compounds for teams to bring for a race. This rule just makes those compounds visible to the public. If ChampCar is anything to go by, then it should be pretty good.

Though I agree, most of the time, the best team will come out on top - but this is what happens with every rule regarding happenings in the race or qualifying. But it is more variables that make a race more interesting.

IMO of course.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malllen
    But there was already a limit of 2 compounds for teams to bring for a race. This rule just makes those compounds visible to the public. If ChampCar is anything to go by, then it should be pretty good.

Though I agree, most of the time, the best team will come out on top - but this is what happens with every rule regarding happenings in the race or qualifying. But it is more variables that make a race more interesting.

IMO of course.
    Yes, but before, once a team had chosen the compound they where using for the race, they where stuck using it throughout. Now they are being forced to use them both.

But are they gonna be allowed to use the softer tires during qualifying?
    The Preceding post may have contained nudity, sexuality, violence, coarse language and Jacques
    Villeneuve and is intended for a mature audience, parental guidance is advised.
    So you wanna know what the PS Stands for.

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    red tyres ? Ugh.
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    I think they'll look ridiculous. IMO.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    any pictures of the new tyres??? :P

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DimitraF1
    any pictures of the new tyres??? :P
    If it's anything like Champ Car, expect them to look like this...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the red tyres work fantastic in champcar... but why is f1 looking to champcar for ideas on how to enhance the show.... whats next? Push To Pass?
    Sir! While I disagree with what you are saying, I will fight to the death your right to spell the words incorerctly and use heinous.. grammar yo !!!