Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The ridiculousness of Michael Schumacher not racing

As the pre-season testing has shown, Michael Schumacher is still one of the fastest drivers in the world. Besides raw speed, he is certainly the most experienced of all the front runners. It's such a waste that we don't see him race anymore.

Having a "tester" that is certainly faster than at least one of your drivers, and with far better race craft and experience is a ridiculous situation in my opinion. If there's no seat for him at Ferrari, have him race in another team.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    He's definitely good enough to race, and it would be great for him to battle it out with Hamilton, Raikkonen, Alonso, Heidfeld, Coulthard etc.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 18000rpm
    As the pre-season testing has shown, Michael Schumacher is still one of the fastest drivers in the world. Besides raw speed, he is certainly the most experienced of all the front runners. It's such a waste that we don't see him race anymore.

Having a "tester" that is certainly faster than at least one of your drivers, and with far better race craft and experience is a ridiculous situation in my opinion. If there's no seat for him at Ferrari, have him race in another team.
    He is not racing because being a modern F1 racing driver isn't as simple as turning up on grand prix weekends and driving at your best.

Besides "why did you retire?" is so much nicer than "why don't you retire?".

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Yes, but why would he race when he doesn't want to?

If he wanted to still be racing F1, then there's no doubt he would still be on the grid. But its his choice that he doesn't want to be.

I don't see any ridiculousness in that.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    very true, Schumi still has it but

he has nothing to prove and plenty of money, and he get's to see his family these days

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Yeah, better to retire while you are still one of the best, if not the best, than to fade and fade...
    Formula 1

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I suspect that he sees racing as the hard work and long hours that it is while he can test a few days here and there and still get the thrill of driving. Add to that the fact that he is incredibly wealthy and what more would you want?
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wmcot
    I suspect that he sees racing as the hard work and long hours that it is while he can test a few days here and there and still get the thrill of driving.
    I think that's it and he can also show he's still "got it" and could beat the class of '08 if he wanted to, without having to prove it in race conditions.

Bottom line is the guy still loves driving F1 cars, and Ferrari allow him to do just that.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    It would have been a great thing to see him this year at McLaren alongside Hamilton

I'd love to see what he would do if they made him the 2nd driver

only McLaren could do such a thing

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    the most impressive thing for me, aside from not losing any of his speed, is his fitness, he must still be working incredibly hard to be able to turn up and run 80+ laps in testing without too much problem, and too keep that discipline when you are no longer in a proffessional sport isvery comendable, obviously he will want to saty fit, but fit enough to drive an F1 car flat out for 80+ laps is another thing altogether
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.