Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 Week left...

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts

Cool 1 Week left...

Are you Guys excited and ready for the show ? I am very much and as usually I will follow all races "live", and for the first time in HD with my new Sony Bravia 46
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    3 weeks to go would make it no longer new, it may have problem before the race starts.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    I'm pumped! Fingers crossed for Webber!

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    I thought it was more than three weeks, good job.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    17 days
    Michael Schumacher - the most succesful driver in formula 1 history - ROBERT KUBICA!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    Are you Guys excited and ready for the show ?
    Its that strange point of the year where excitement is mixed with fear.

Excited that the long quiet winter is almost over and it time to go racing again.

Fear that one team will turn up in Oz and disappear off into the distance, making it all a bit of an anticlimax.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Spanner
    Its that strange point of the year where excitement is mixed with fear.

Excited that the long quiet winter is almost over and it time to go racing again.

Fear that one team will turn up in Oz and disappear off into the distance, making it all a bit of an anticlimax.
    Your fear is well founded!
    If Ferrari do not come out of the box with a clear advantage,
    they will haved developed one by the time they reach the European events IMHO!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I'm eager to see Alonso back at Renault. I'm a big fan of Fernando, and I'm sure he's glad to be "back home". He said he believed the car wouldn't get to finish in the top 3 in Australia, but ok, we'll see what the situation is with the other competitors. At least, he has twice Hamilton's salary, so he wouldn't complain much haha.

Also, the new front wing in the BMW Sauber's is more like a fear factor for me rather than an exitement one. I just don't feel that good about that developement. Some years ago, in 2004 (I believe), Montoya and Ralph drove half a season with a new revolutionary nose in their Williams and it sucked, the car was just undrivable and it brought more problems than improvements. Due to their competitiveness situation (Alonso says they're "Almost in a par with McLaren", which is pretty true:http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...25094948.shtml ) It's a thing to keep an eye on. It would be a hell of a mess if that nose-job blew all they've seeded in 2006 and 2007.

Kova in McLaren.. Well, we all know he's a very talented driver with lots of skills (and we know that even from the time he testdrove for Renault), but can he keep up in the Silver Arrow? And more important, are the damn team orders gonna prevent him from showing what he's really got? Some days ago, a Brasilian reporter asked Piquet Jr. how his relationship with Alonso was. He said "We're good.. For now". In Renault would be different as Briatore supports Fernando 110%, not benefitting him over Nelsinho but giving him the chance of racing honestly, but in McLaren it's a different story. Remember: British driver in a British team. Are last year's problems at the Ron Dennis team gonna come up once again? Remember, Heikki was McLaren's "third choice" for this year (http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...4162549.shtml).

Last year's Formula One championship was one of the most interestings in recent years, but it wasn't all because of what happened inside the tracks during the racing weekends. The media came up with tons of issues (McLaren-Ferrari spy case, other teams shalowly involved, Alonso vs. Hamilton..). I hope this year can get to be even more exiting than last year, but I hope it can be due to the competitiveness during races, specially now that there's less assistance from computers when it comes the time to drive. 2008 season has all the ingredients for a juicy and yummi battle for the championship, and I believe we can expect some surprises as we've seen on the test's timings.

Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    Three weeks has me worried.....
    *walking away, mumbling to himself* I'll have to make an announcement sometime soon.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    The 2008 season has me genuinely excited as to what is going to transpire this year.

At the front, Ferrari are looking good, but it appears that this year will be one of the best seasons ever in my opinion; because it seems that we finally have a competitive grid from one end to the other, apart from Super Aguri sadly who now have Honda's abysmal effort at a 2007 F1 car to compound their perilous financial situation.

It will be interesting to see who will come out on top within the different teams. Will McLaren let Kovy truly race Hamilton? I hope so, as Heikki seems like a genuinely nice guy with tons of talent to boot. And can Felipe Massa get the better of his World Champion team-mate?

There will be some new faces, and a couple of familiar ones returning. The only true rookies in the class of 2008 are Brazil's Nelson Piquet, Jr, and Sebastien Bourdais. Many will feel that Piquet can give Alonso a run for his considerable money this year, but I expect the Spaniard to defeat this particular rookie comfortably. Bourdais, a multiple time CART champion, is a different proposition for F1's latest wonderkid Sebastian Vettel. Expect a closely fought battle down at STR.

A rookie, but not in the traditional sense, Timo Glock is back for 2008, after four years out of F1, and grabbing the 2007 GP2 title. He is a good fit for the German-based Toyota team, and their new car seems to be solid.

Williams and Red Bull look to have improved pace this year, and I think we should expect them to do well with two solid cars and good driver pairings.

BMW will be wanting to upset the established order, and claim victories in 2008. I think they can do it this time, and with Poland's finest, Robert Kubica, and 'Quick' Nick Heidfeld, they will be challenging all the way to the final race of the season.

Throw in a rejuvenated Honda and Force India (come on Jenson and Fisi), and I think it's going to be a brilliant year!