Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Subaru S2000

Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    Subaru won't make an s2000.......they live by selling group N cars and i doubt they want to produce a direct rival to their own car.
    I think this thread is based on this post from the “S2000 & Group N, The future of rallying?” thread.

By MJW: The autosport article refered to earlier in the thread said that whilst Subaru has a Group N base car it is also considering an S2000 model for evaluation once the rules are announced

http://www.motorsportforums.com/foru...000#post417758[/font]

A S2000 car has some advantage over a N4 car and the biggest IMO is the suspension. What I’ve seen when watching the IRC programs from Eurosport is that the S2000 cars wishbones are very long, almost to the centre of the car. N4 cars advantage is of course the turbo that gives more torque on lower revs.

As Juho Hänninen said in an interview (an article about aerodynamics of a WRC car): “If you compare a WRC car with a N-group car, the N-group car has no brakes, no suspension and it want turn into bends”. And Gardemester said that: “The hop from a S1600 (JWRC) to a WRC is smaller than the hop from N4 (PWRC) to WRC.”
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

Liked 21 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    Subaru won't make an s2000.......they live by selling group N cars and i doubt they want to produce a direct rival to their own car.
    Yes they will make one.
    They will need an S2000 in the future,because they do want to be the champs again.They will hardly become champs with an N4 based car.
    I dont think that future top cars based on N4 will be competitive.I think that the FIA only said that because S2000 are currently run under the N4 class.

Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    They are working on it yet

Liked 535 Times in 190 Posts
    Surely the decision about the standard transmission was based on costs, and guess they chose it to work with the most common design/layout on cars. I'm sure there will be a way around it though.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!