Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Subaru S2000

Liked 21 Times in 13 Posts
    Subaru Argentina (Not sure) ran an Impreza with an atmosferic engine (without last year

Here is a pic of that Subaru

Liked 33 Times in 19 Posts
    yes, that is right.
    Last year was first, and this year second, on what is called the Super R Cup.
    12 cars, all built by Barattero (one of STI developer agents).
    It is based on the 4wd non turbo Imprezza (160 cv on original base, some 180 cv n rally format, some say closer to 190cv).

It is full group N regulations with a little modifications (eg, a special air filter, using the turbo version intercoller air entrance
    Zeque
    Argentina

Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    ZequeArgentina

Do you know the weight of these Super R Cup cars? Is there a minimum weight for them?
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

If it isnt very heawy,its definately a dominator in the N3 class (because of the 4wd).
    It may be a good base for an S2000 car,although I wouldnt like that to happen because all of those non-full factory cars die or stay within one or two country and never go international.
    I

I would like the future Subaru S2000 to be a full factory project,like Peugeot,Abarth and Škoda.

Liked 33 Times in 19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldF
    ZequeArgentina

Do you know the weight of these Super R Cup cars? Is there a minimum weight for them?
    Hum, no. But I will try to get it.
    Zeque
    Argentina

Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    I think that if Subaru is going into S2000 they’ll take it serious. I t would be nice to hear a boxer engine whine at 8500 rpm.

I don’t know how FIA picks the vendor of the gearbox / transmission, but why has it to be an outside vendor? Lets say if Subaru wants to manufacture the gearbox / transmission by their selves and homologate it with FIA and engage to sell it to everybody that want a longitudinally transmission. There could of course be doubt about if is it made in the in spirit of the regulations but I believe that could be solved by technical regulations (same technical implementation as the other ones, mechanical lsds etc.). Do you think this could be a solution???
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Subaru won't make an s2000.......they live by selling group N cars and i doubt they want to produce a direct rival to their own car.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As far as I'm aware, it's been confirmed that the WRC will be based on S2000 and group N. So Subaru don't need to do anything different in order to continue - they'll still be competitive, assuming the FIA find the best way to make the cars based on S2000 equal with the cars based on group N...
    Give Leon a kick and tell him to get to work!