Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

More news on the 59?

You could have blown me down with a feather today - turned to the back page of our local rag in Biggleswade and there was a big picture of Mark Proctor's old car in glorious orange (or is it bright red - papers were never that good at doing proper colour were they?) as the 59 ASCAR stared back at me. There was a pretty decent sized piece about Rob and his plans for this year. According to the article he will be driving the 59 car for the 2007 season. The paper is pretty good at covering the efforts of local motorsport people and so hopefully we might just get a bit of coverage around the area.

There was also a decent mention of Shane's drive in aid of the Fire Service Benevolent Fund. With the Rock only being about 40 minutes from here and a pretty good motorsport history in this area, this publicity can only be a good thing for the new championship and could well bring in a few more fans. If nothing else, I might not feel quite so lonely heading up the A1 early on Sunday mornings any more - well I can dream!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rob has told us how hard he and his wife Suzanne have been working at promoting his and the series efforts and i am told there is more to come from them.

wish them well they are an inspiration and along with other's efforts we will soon shake of the MSA's yellow flag.
    REVOLUTION RACING

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for that Duane.

There certainly is more to come from us (mostly Suzanne who's done the hard work)

And Old Stock Nut, to put it all into context, the car in the pic in the Wiggleswade Chronic is actually Tony Hurdle's "spare" that I was going to run in the latter part of last season. I'd been talking to Duane all season, and hoping to (at first) buy my own car, but finances didn't go my way at the time, so I decided to pay for a drive in the last two rounds.

Sadly, rookie training didn't happen as planned (at all!), so I didn't get out.

Lee O'Keefe took the car out, and showed it's pace in the last round.

Proc's old car is languishing in my workshop, and I have a photographer from the "Comet" coming to see me tomorrow morning - so have to dig it out quickly in at sunrise!!

I'm still waiting on Beds on Sunday (though as it's not a sex scandal implicating members of the local constabulary, judiciary, or council, or football, they are not likely to be interested!)

We've spoken to Anglia Television who say they're interested in doing a bit for their "West News" (which covers Corby too).

What we need to crack is the nationals!!!!! That's where you need the old-boys network to get this sort of thing covered. My brother went to school with one of the political editors of the Financial Times.............

One thing we have in our favour in the Biggleswade area is the Sports Editor used to work for Autosport & Motoring News in his younger days, and spent a lot of years racing Autograss. Alan is a very keen motorsport enthusiast.
    We'll get good publicity from him this season, and I've invited him along.

Rob (And Suzanne - manning the engine room!)
    Team Air Ambulance - Rookie Champions 2007. Support your local air ambulance charity

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Having lost my MCP cap

I believe the saying is "behind every good man, there is an even better woman".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chigley
    Having lost my MCP cap

Toooooo right

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Having lost my MCP cap

About 3 respectful paces behind?
    The reality check is in the mail
    Motorsport needs YOU: http://www.marshals.org.uk

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wink

"behind every good man, there is an even better woman".
    And behind every successful woman is a successful cat!
    Scrumpy, scrumpy, scrumpy, SLEDGEHAMMER!!!
    Colin and Keith: the WHITE Stuff! :up:
    SCSA Pickems Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's late. I changed my mind about saying anything.
    I intend to live forever, or die trying.

Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reynard
    And behind every successful woman is a successful cat!
    And here he is. Meet Growler.

In the Yemen, the lady would be walking at least six paces ahead of the gentleman.

I asked why.

The answer......

Landmines.

(titter titter!)

Rob.
    Team Air Ambulance - Rookie Champions 2007. Support your local air ambulance charity

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racing59
    And here he is. Meet Growler.
    Oh what a gorgeous tabby boy!
    Scrumpy, scrumpy, scrumpy, SLEDGEHAMMER!!!
    Colin and Keith: the WHITE Stuff! :up:
    SCSA Pickems Champion