Finnish rallying championship news
I think Finnish rallying championships deserve a thread of their own. I hope you think so too.
Entries for Finnish rally championship 2012 are open and so far a couple of dozen crews have entered. In 2012 there'll be titles for 4WD and 2WD drivers, though 2WD cars compete in two categories (FIN R3, FIA R3 and R2 and R1). Original plan was to divide 4WD cars in two categories too, but that idea was dropped.
Some entries so far:
- Juha Salo in Evo X R4
- Esapekka Lappi in Fiesta S2000
- Kari Hämäläinen in Fiesta S2000 (a gentleman driver more or less)
- Riku Tahko in Evo X (NORF 2011 PWRC wild card entrant)
- Jussi Tiippana in Evo IX
- Ville Hautamäki in Civic Type-R
- Jussi Vainionpää in Civic Type-R
- Andreas Amberg in Fiesta R2
- Pekka Vihma in DS3 R3 (this must be the first of its kind in Finland, a gentleman driver though)
No news yet on Lindroos, Rantanen, Nikara, Vihavainen, ... but there's time.
You can follow entries from Kiti: https://kiti.akk-motorsport.fi/
(Sarjat > Ralli SM 2012 1-ohjaajat > sarjaan ilmoittautuneet)