PDA

View Full Version : Ex-scsa drivers, where are they now?

Gasman#99
9th February 2008, 22:41
We all know about the likes of plato and co going to btcc, but where have the other ex-scsa drivers gone onto??
I speak to adam jackson alot and he and his family are doing well in the states.
I see anthony swan has just became a father for the first time this week and now has his own electrical buisness.
any others out there that people know about??

english4ever
10th February 2008, 01:42
Bremner me ol mate, you are lucky as we are allowed to talk on athread that the little hitler people haven't locked!!!!! I bet you feel really special........

english4ever
10th February 2008, 01:44
And you gotta watch out as i dont think the word O/T saves you from getting moaned at unless your talking about F1 or the stupid cat shows...............

robbo43
10th February 2008, 02:33
Jesus english4ever what is your problem??

Hardly a constructive post.

Mods please don't close this thread, it could be very interesting, and probably not O/T

So is Anthony Swan no longer racing in any form?

It would be cool to find out what ex Ascar racers are doing.

The last i heard of Manassian he was racing endurance cars. What about the rest?

Nick Brad
10th February 2008, 06:51
As far as I know, Darren Manning is still out in the states although I'm not sure if he has a drive for this year, Andrew Kirkaldy has been doing GTs again since he left Ascar and Stevie Hodgson is managing a pickup team.

Dave17
10th February 2008, 08:14
John Mickle-lost in America? ;)

briggs'mechanic
10th February 2008, 09:51
Chris Cooke is still about racing stuff! You might see him in GT..

ready2rock
10th February 2008, 10:06
Minassian is running in Le Mans series.
Stevie Hodgson also runs some junior kart teams.
Michael Vergers is still doing alot these days, including LMES.
Collins, well we know he's about.
There's still alot of names that have vanished though .

Gasman#99
10th February 2008, 10:15
[quote="robbo43"]
So is Anthony Swan no longer racing in any form?

I spoke to swanny at the end of the year and he has not raced since scsa days, he now runs his own buisness

fastbob
10th February 2008, 11:25
John Mickle-lost in America? ;)

No.... but he now lives near Gatwick!!!!!

mickholly
10th February 2008, 18:55
Kevin Clarke still running Intersport racing doing some historic as well. We will be doing the Monaco historic F1 (Jack Brabham Cooper-climaxT45) Nurburgring 24Hr Spa 6Hr and Silverstone 24Hr (BMW CSL) and we still have the VSR V8 as seen at brscc stand at the autosport show. We have been working with John Clark last season to get the V8s back on track.
so will see you all again soon
Mick

Nick Brad
10th February 2008, 19:17
You have the VSR/Eurocar V8, but will you actually be using it this year? I hope so and if you do, pop over to RCR and say hi.

mickholly
10th February 2008, 19:23
Yes as it stands we will run it . We raced it last season to try and get some others out this year so lets see should be full grids with the ASCAR,s out as well. kevin will just have to watch them as he laps them on the right handers!!!!!!!

JDPower
11th February 2008, 02:10
Collins, well we know he's about.
And according to Sky's Bud Shootout coverage last night he is the current reigning ASCAR champion :rolleyes:

fastbob
11th February 2008, 07:38
And according to Sky's Bud Shootout coverage last night he is the current reigning ASCAR champion :rolleyes:

European champion so I hear

ready2rock
11th February 2008, 08:44

haha yeah i saw that too, didn't think it was right somehow, maybe their research department lacks somewhere

Nick Brad
11th February 2008, 12:56
They may have got their info completely wrong, but it was still some publicity so I'm not complaining :D

cgs
11th February 2008, 13:13
i suppose it coudl be true. Ben was the last ASCAR champion, because after that the name changed to Days of Thunder!

ready2rock
11th February 2008, 16:43
Lets not get technical here :) they were referred to as Ascars in the race dates press release

JovialJooles
11th February 2008, 16:49
Lets not get technical here :) they were referred to as Ascars in the race dates press release

This year, yes. ;)

I tend to agree with cgs.

shark17
11th February 2008, 17:49
Hi all, first post in about 2 years I reckon? :)

Thought I'd take a look on here today (for the first time in months) coz I was so chuffed to find NASCAR on SKY last night! :D (hated Setanta so haven't seen a race for a whole year!) and found this thread!

News? Well No Limit Texas Holdem Poker has replaced racing (finally found a sport that makes me real money, rather than costs me real money! ;) )

But MUCH more important than that, Moya just had our fourth (my fifth) baby 'Troy' who was born on 27th Jan (3 weeks early).

That's the team complete now! (really!)

Good luck to all my old buddies, you know who you are! ;)

T :)

shark17
11th February 2008, 18:17
I just read the dates!!!

Lydden! Great! I'm DEFINITELY coming to watch, put em on the oval!!!

Maybe Brands too, if Lydden is good?

But Cadwell??? You're MAD, 2 wide will mean one on the grass!!! LOL :D

Good on ya Duane!

Gasman#99
11th February 2008, 18:38
Hi all, first post in about 2 years I reckon? :)

But MUCH more important than that, Moya just had our fourth (my fifth) baby 'Troy' who was born on 27th Jan (3 weeks early).

That's the team complete now! (really!)

Good luck to all my old buddies, you know who you are! ;)

congratulations to you tony and moya, wish you would come back though, your one of the good guys thats missed and allways was happy to show people around your car, oh and we miss anna.

Henry Cutts
11th February 2008, 19:07
I just read the dates!!!

Lydden! Great! I'm DEFINITELY coming to watch, put em on the oval!!!

Maybe Brands too, if Lydden is good?

But Cadwell??? You're MAD, 2 wide will mean one on the grass!!! LOL :D

Good on ya Duane!

Congratulations Tony & Moya!
If you get to a meeting come and say hello!

Abo
11th February 2008, 19:13
You not fancy a quick punt round Lydden, Tony?

Congrats on the addition!

JDPower
11th February 2008, 19:46
News? Well No Limit Texas Holdem Poker has replaced racing (finally found a sport that makes me real money, rather than costs me real money! ;) )

Congrats Tony, online poker or proper stuff? (if online fance sharing where so you can take some of our money too ;) )

Nick Brad
11th February 2008, 19:53
Congratulations Tony on the new addition to the family and welcome back.

I too got caught up in Texas Hold Em, made a bit of money out of it, but it sounds like you're doing better than I did. I hope you'll stick around this time even if you're not in the fold, you were the original "fan's driver" who was never too busy to spend time with people, I think you and Rob have the same mentality and if you ever get the yearning to step back into racing, give Rob a shout as I think you'd make a great team.

Reynard
11th February 2008, 21:21
Hullo Tony, glad to see you're still knocking about. :D Congrats to you and Moya, hope her and the little 'un are doing well and that you're not having too many sleepless nights... ;)

Duane
11th February 2008, 21:42
oi Tony you and me started the same time and agreed we would see 10 years out in the series so get your butt back here NOW !!! ha,ha

good to see you having a post or two, give our love to Moya and i didnt know you still had it in ya, Congrats mate

Duane

shark17
11th February 2008, 22:40
LOL! Thanx everyone, answers as follows...

Gasman#99 - Anna's having a baby too! ...and soon!

Henry - Loved working with u at HTML - hell loved HTML - Jonathon's had a baby (and soon another!) too!

Abo - YES! LOL! I still hold a lap record there from 1990 I think (Multisports), and it's just down the road! ;)

JD - Both, have spent 2+ years studying, practising & playing. Got a coupla thousand games behind me now & financially I was never behind more than a set of ASCAR tyres! LOL! Planning to do it full time soon - did you know Poker earnings are 100% TAX FREE in the UK!?! ;) Oh & I practise on FullTiltPoker.com of course (usually $20 Sit & Go's).

Nick - Glad Rob took up where I left off. Although from what I read he's much more 'mental' than me? ;) Maybe Team Rob & Skid??? LOL!

Witty - Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ...what's sleep?

Duane - Sorry mate, if I'd have raced with you I'd probably still be doin it! Good on ya tho, I've always thought they'd be great round Brands, really fancied them there, and I banged the drum for the Lydden (oval ;) ) for years! They'll NEVER go 2 wide at Cadwell though, and as for Pembrey, they're not gonna get round the first hairpin!!! LOL!

C u all at Lydden!

JovialJooles
12th February 2008, 09:44
Just read your news Tony.

Congratulations and best wishes to Moya!

Julian :)

Nick Brad
12th February 2008, 10:12
Nick - Glad Rob took up where I left off. Although from what I read he's much more 'mental' than me? ;) Maybe Team Rob & Skid??? LOL!

Don't even mention Skid lol, we've got his old MORT car and the next time he has an idea of painting a car bright green I'm gonna brain him lol. I got sick of finding new areas of that paint coming through every time we went on track last year, Rob's partially to blame though for not sanding it off beforehand. ;)

racing59
12th February 2008, 17:13
I quite like kermit green actually, I had a 1975 Opel Manta in that colour!

Any way, congrats to you and Moya, Tony.

What's wrong with Cadwell. Not a boy circuit. No. not a boy's circuit.

shark17
12th February 2008, 17:43
I quite like kermit green actually, I had a 1975 Opel Manta in that colour!

Any way, congrats to you and Moya, Tony.

What's wrong with Cadwell. Not a boy circuit. No. not a boy's circuit.

Nothing's wrong with Cadwell mate, used to run the 'Pro Course' up there with Ben Edwards many years ago (Rookie to wings & slicks in a day - or was it two?), so like a second home oop North really :)

However I seriously believe that if you drove an ASCAR round the middle line of the entire circuit, u couldn't be passed by another with both wheels on the Tarmac! LOL :-D

If u PM me however, I'll tell u how u can guarantee Pole! ;)

Duane
12th February 2008, 21:34
oh you've heard its reversed grids then Tony, ha,ha,ha........... ha

im loving your work

Duane

shark17
12th February 2008, 22:16
oh you've heard its reversed grids then Tony, ha,ha,ha........... ha

im loving your work

Duane

Argh! Foiled again!!! LOL :D

racing59
12th February 2008, 22:36
Nothing's wrong with Cadwell mate, used to run the 'Pro Course' up there with Ben Edwards many years ago (Rookie to wings & slicks in a day - or was it two?), so like a second home oop North really :)

However I seriously believe that if you drove an ASCAR round the middle line of the entire circuit, u couldn't be passed by another with both wheels on the Tarmac! LOL :-D

If u PM me however, I'll tell u how u can guarantee Pole! ;)

Championship / 1st Race positions set's the grid! So spectacular pole laps are out!

Have you driven it since they ruined Mountain Bottom with those stupidly high kerbs?

When I raced there in the early 90's in Super Road Saloons, I used to put my heavy 1600cc car up the front against some seriously lairy 1800's. Front row, and fastest lap a couple of times. Always lost out between Charlies & Park in straight line speed, then had to work my wheels off to get back ahead into Mansfield to pull away "through the trees".
Lots of the old tricks from those days don't work now. Where you'd take a good chunk out of the assembly area exit road has all but gone, the kerbs just as you turn up the mountain are high so you can't eat grass through there for a flyer.

I agree, a middle "Collins" line may prevent regular passing moves in a lot of places.

Duane
12th February 2008, 23:06
A middle "Collins" line......ha,ha,ha.......ha,ha....ha

Gasman#99
12th February 2008, 23:12
A middle "Collins" line......ha,ha,ha.......ha,ha....ha
do you ever sleep??? ha ha

Duane
13th February 2008, 06:35
yep

hicksy
13th February 2008, 13:27
Hey Tony,

Congrats to you and Moya. Great to have you back around the forum too. Hopefully see you about this year. Oh, and can you pass on my regards to Anna?

Rob

Henry Cutts
13th February 2008, 20:22
Does anybody know what Roland Rehfeld is up to? I know he did a few races in the USA but not seen anything recently.

JovialJooles
13th February 2008, 23:01
Sorry, no.

Max Papis is running the road courses in the Sprint and Nationwide cups this year.

Amanda Stretton did a silent commentary during last years Race of Champions. :p

ready2rock
14th February 2008, 10:02
Amanda Stretton did a silent commentary during last years Race of Champions. :p

She raced Radicals as well a couple of times last year

Nick Brad
27th February 2008, 20:13
Chris Cooke will be racing for RPM this year in the British GT's in a Ginetta G50 as reported in today's MN. I wouldn't bother purchasing it though as it only very briefly mentions him and the only other thing of interest is the Mclaren facility.

quorky
1st March 2008, 19:36
did i heer right ben collins is doing craftman trucks later in the year?