PDA

View Full Version : "I'd've done less time for murder ..."

Hazell B
9th February 2008, 18:55
In a few days from now I'll have been with my partner 17 (long) years. If I'd strangled him as expected within the first few months, I'd have been out for over nine years by now with good behaviour :p :

Anyway, what's the 17th anniversary gift?
Or, if there isn't one, what's tenth and seventh?
I dunno, you lot do the maths and choose the gift/gifts and I'll just buy them, okay?

Cheap, mind ;) :p :

janneppi
9th February 2008, 22:41
When a friend of mine turned 29 few months ago, we bought him 29 chocolate bars, it cost only something like 9 Eur. :)
Or buy him a Jari Kurri's ice hockey Jersey from his Edmonton days, I think he played number 17 there. ;)

bowler
10th February 2008, 01:33
http://marriage.about.com/cs/anniversaries/a/wedannivideas.htm

Furniture

Just what you needed :-)

Camelopard
10th February 2008, 02:02
"I'd've done less time for murder ..."

Those were my father's exact words a couple of weeks ago when my parents "celebrated" their 59th anniversary. :p

10th February 2008, 21:56
I can't even imagine being with the one person for 17 years, I think 6 was the best I've done. Well done, and enjoy your anniversary :D

SEATFreak
11th February 2008, 11:09
In a few days from now I'll have been with my partner 17 (long) years. If I'd strangled him as expected within the first few months, I'd have been out for over nine years by now with good behaviour :p :

I dunno, you lot do the maths and choose the gift/gifts and I'll just buy them, okay?

Depends. If your going on what thing each Anniversary is represented by (Silver represents 25 years; Gold represents 50 years) you would have for your 10th something made from tin and you would have for your seventh somethign made from wool; their is nothing to represent 17 years. But nobody does that nowadays.

If I was married and my Anniversary was coming close I would think of something practical of the kind that my significant other would appreciate. So in your case your hubby I think he would love anything like a gadget. I do and I think it is true most guys like gadgets.

Breeze
11th February 2008, 16:46

May I be so bold as to suggest a garrote? You're still young enough to come out in 9 years a healthy 49yo redheaded cougar. :lips: