PDA

View Full Version : Tony Stewart is a Big Star

colinspooky
9th February 2008, 00:10
Wow !!! Did Tony Stewart eat Subway out of business? His bump-draft promo sees him talking about not having to hold it in - really Tony, I think you are great driver, but, fella - give birth already.... :p

Haulin'AssAndTurnin Left
9th February 2008, 00:13
the man just keeps getting bigger.

colinspooky
9th February 2008, 00:21
If Monty Python make a new movie, they have a ready made Mr Creosote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlK62rjQWLk

:p

tstran17_88
9th February 2008, 02:25
Wow !!! Did Tony Stewart eat Subway out of business? His bump-draft promo sees him talking about not having to hold it in - really Tony, I think you are great driver, but, fella - give birth already.... :p
He's been following the old Jared Subway diet...10 meatball subs a day!

jslone
9th February 2008, 04:02
He may be on the plump side,but he is still going to kick ass.

colinspooky
9th February 2008, 09:29
Plump? Now we know why they switched to Toyota - the windows are bigger!! :D

No wonder his car never moved when Kurt slammed into a couple of times in practice - a fortnight strict diet and he would be two seconds a lap faster.

//I have no idea if that's true.............. I mean the windows being bigger bit..... ;)

Haulin'AssAndTurnin Left
9th February 2008, 09:59
thing is if he say wins @ indy again how will fans react?. I dont know about you guys but i hate Toyota.

Fans go nuts when Gordon wins what will happen when Toyota win?.

RaceFanStan
9th February 2008, 14:10
Tony Stewart always seems to pick-up a few pounds during the off season.
The fact remains he can flat drive a racecar. :D

JovialJooles
9th February 2008, 15:06
thing is if he say wins @ indy again how will fans react?. I dont know about you guys but i hate Toyota.

Well, I hope he doesn't try and climb the fence :eek:

Oh, sorry just noticed the 'l', thought you said something else. ;)

Mind you, it's not like I have a leg to stand on... :erm:

tstran17_88
9th February 2008, 15:24
I think JGR is going to supply Tony with a cherry picker after a race win to lift him to the top of the fence!

colinspooky
9th February 2008, 15:45

And that's really sad - I really deeply resent that hatred when Jeff or anyone or any company does well.

Tony Stewart always seems to pick-up a few pounds during the off season.

So true

I think JGR is going to supply Tony with a cherry picker after a race win to lift him to the top of the fence!

ho ho

GARYGAZZA
9th February 2008, 18:16
He may be on the plump side,but he is still going to kick ass.
Looks like he is kicking Kurt Busch,s ass already

call_me_andrew
9th February 2008, 21:35
Interesting. I looked up some information about Tony's height and weight. He's currently listed as 5'9" and weighs 170 lbs. which is as much as he weighed when he was still racing in the IndyCar Series.

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

colinspooky
9th February 2008, 21:39
and weighs 170 lbs.

each side? :p

jslone
10th February 2008, 03:36
Looks like he is kicking Kurt Busch,s ass already

That well be the fued to watch for all season,no matter what Nascar says.Nascars currentt best rivalry.

tstran17_88
10th February 2008, 03:56
That well be the fued to watch for all season,no matter what Nascar says.Nascars currentt best rivalry.And that was the best rivalry last year too!

harvick#1
10th February 2008, 05:45
The Great Big Pumpkin just keeps growing :p : ah Tony

funny how Subway has Peter Griffin and Tony Stewart in there commercials

ms0362
12th February 2008, 14:39
Not much of a spokesman for losing weight for Subway. An how 'bout the rockstar hair? I'm sure Depot loves that.

muggle not
12th February 2008, 20:41
http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/head...ion/index.html (http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/headlines/cup/02/12/tstewart.kbusch.probation/index.html)

Stewart, Ku. Busch placed on probation for six races
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- NASCAR has placed drivers Tony Stewart and Kurt Busch on probation for the first six races of the 2008 Sprint Cup Series season, a result of their on-track altercations Friday during practice for the Budweiser Shootout.
Stewart, driver of the No. 20 Toyota and Busch, driver of the No. 2 Dodge, violated Section 12-4-A (actions detrimental to stock car racing; altercation with another competitor) of the NASCAR rule book.

The probations start Wednesday, as practice begins for the season-opening Daytona 500.
NASCAR spokesman Ramsey Poston said the drivers were disciplined solely for the on-track portion of their clash, when the drivers deliberately used their cars as battering rams.
"We will continue to keep a check on this sport and won't let it get out of hand," Poston said. "If there is a repeat between these two, then we will take it much more seriously."

Busch and Stewart, former series champions with a history of clashing on the track, crashed during the final practice session Friday night

Busch attempted to block Stewart and got hit from behind, damaging both cars. Busch retaliated by slamming into the side of Stewart's car three times as they drove back toward the garage. Stewart then used his car to block Busch from exiting the track .

Both drivers immediately were told to meet with NASCAR officials, and Stewart and Busch continued to bicker during the heated, closed-door meeting, during which Stewart allegedly threw a punch at Busch

NASCAR officials came into this season saying drivers would be given more latitude to show emotion this year, and the relatively light nature of Tuesday's punishments would seem to support that.

In the past, officials haven't necessarily punished a driver more harshly if he misbehaves while on probation. Poston said that's going to change. "In the past we've used 'probation for the rest of the year,' but it's never been something that's been exercised. It never seemed to really mean anything," he said.

"Now we are going to take action. If you are on probation for an altercation with another driver, and you have a second incident during that probation period, we are going to take action."

I think it is a "crock". Nothing happened on track to warrant probation for either driver. What Kurt did on pit road may have warranted probation. I believe they also put Tony on probation for slugging Kurt in the trailer.

I think that nascar has been less than truthful with their press release.

Osella
12th February 2008, 22:14
Ya think!!!
Used their cars as battering rams... I only saw one car being used anything like that, and it wasn't orange...
If they're putting Tony on probation for Buschwhacking ( ;) ) fair enough, but at least damn well say so!

And blocking Busch from going to the garage area was hardly an act of aggression... To my mind this is all NASCAR carrying things over from Dover last year and saying enough is enough, but perhaps they should have come to a better decision then instead of punishing the drivers now, especially Stewart (who wasn't the only driver to wreck another in practice let's remember!) when Busch was the one using his car as an on-track '3500Lb weapon'..

Stew20
12th February 2008, 22:32
Ya think!!!
Used their cars as battering rams... I only saw one car being used anything like that, and it wasn't orange...
If they're putting Tony on probation for Buschwhacking ( ;) ) fair enough, but at least damn well say so!

And blocking Busch from going to the garage area was hardly an act of aggression... To my mind this is all NASCAR carrying things over from Dover last year and saying enough is enough, but perhaps they should have come to a better decision then instead of punishing the drivers now, especially Stewart (who wasn't the only driver to wreck another in practice let's remember!) when Busch was the one using his car as an on-track '3500Lb weapon'..

I had to register with this forum just because I hope Na$car reads it. They really jerked my chain on this call. Yes Tony screws up sometimes but not this time. They must be trying to push him out of the sport because he was not the drive banging in this situation. He was the one being bashed by Busch. I just can't believe it...http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/images/icons/icon8.gif

Sparky1329
13th February 2008, 03:40
If "what happens in the trailer stays in the trailer" why the he!! was Smoke penalized? The nitwit in the #2 car side-slammed the #20 on pit road. Once again NASCAR is full of crap.

tstran17_88
13th February 2008, 04:18
It was just precaution that Nascar took with Stewart because they know he'll do something stupid before long.

harvick#1
13th February 2008, 06:27
but when :D

http://www.kevinharvick.com/

Sparky1329
13th February 2008, 15:34
It was just precaution that Nascar took with Stewart because they know he'll do something stupid before long.

When it comes to doing stupid things Kurtsy doesn't take a back seat either.

colinspooky
13th February 2008, 16:13
why the he!! was Smoke...

is full of crap.

Sorry, just an aside on language. In the UK, the first 'naughty' word is perfectly acceptable. I learned Americans don't like it when Bart kept saying it once after a Sunday School lesson.

And 'crap' is deeply frowned upon in 'nice' circles over here.

Same with 'pissed'. Seems to be acceptable in USA, but a defo no no over here.

:eek:

Anyway, Kurt gets what he deserves, and Tony needs a little punishment every now and again as a matter of routine just to keep him in check.

And for the record, I can't stand either of the Busch brothers (I cheered so loudly when they took themselves out at Lowes when I was there last year, even stood up - then I panicked in case a fan of theirs was nearby and objected to my jubilation. But instead I got a few sort of 'nice one' comments. Phew) That's UK speak for 'whew' - another UK/USA language clash.

And love it when Tony does well.

;)

muggle not
13th February 2008, 18:37
Nascar must have realized how ridiculous their first statement was on the probation. This statement was in this morning's paper:

http://www.news-record.com/apps/pbcs...16/-1/SPORTS02 (http://www.news-record.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080213/NRSTAFF/802130316/-1/SPORTS02)

"Nobody involved in the incident would confirm that Stewart actually punched Busch during the first of their two meetings with officials, as is widely believed, but Pemberton inferred that Busch's penalty was for what happened on the track and Stewart's was for what happened afterward."

"The accident was a racing incident," Pemberton said. "How they conducted themselves after that, after the accident and coming onto pit road and from there through the rest of the evening is why the penalties were equal."