PDA

View Full Version : Headline from Foxsports.com "The long awaited reunification between Champ Car and IRL

SoCalPVguy
8th February 2008, 22:12
Headline:
The long awaited reunification between Champ Car and IRL may have to wait as the two series leaders cannot reach a deal.

Story: http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/7776582/Merger-talks-between-Champ-Car,-IRL-hit-roadblock

Merger talks between Champ Car, IRL hit roadblock
Associated Press
Updated: February 8, 2008, 2:35 PM EST

Another headline:
"Paul Tracy says he's ready to race, but how well can the series fare this year in the shadow of the dominant IRL?

Comment:
Maybe some of the sanguine fanatics do not see it, but the mainstream sports media sees it as CC is in the "shadow of the dominant IRL?" The mainstream sporst media thinks that the IRL is th egreater series

Don't shoot, me I'm just the linker...

Reiterating my earlier open message to CCWS and IRL leaders :
Don't F--- it up again !!!! Let's ALL go racing this year !!!

anthonyvop
8th February 2008, 22:22
Fox owns Speed. So this is not like some independent media outlet backing up Robin Miller's piece.

SoCalPVguy
8th February 2008, 22:26
Fox owns Speed. So this is not like some independent media outlet backing up Robin Miller's piece.

Maybe so but Fox does NOT own "Associated Press" and that is where the story regarding a "snag" in negotiations came from. I smell an F-- up that is going to prevent reunification in the near future (I hope I am wrong).

The article re. ""shadow of the dominant IRL" also came from the independent Associated Press. Do not blame this type of coverage on some biased source, it is truly an indication of what the 'drive by' mainstream sports media thinks of CC.