PDA

View Full Version : Spring Merger Rumors....Again

Sparkmeister
8th February 2008, 16:06
Hey, I'm all for a merger but truthfully I can't stand those crapwagons. My point though is this, every frickin spring, merger rumors start up to give king George's May race tons of free publicity. I don't believe RM. He seems to be the only one with this rumor. I don't trust him as far as I can throw him. KK says he hasn't talked to George in 9 months. Who's lying and who's telling the truth? Who stands to gain from these rumors?

sanguin
8th February 2008, 16:20
Hey, I'm all for a merger but truthfully I can't stand those crapwagons. My point though is this, every frickin spring, merger rumors start up to give king George's May race tons of free publicity. I don't believe RM. He seems to be the only one with this rumor. I don't trust him as far as I can throw him. KK says he hasn't talked to George in 9 months. Who's lying and who's telling the truth? Who stands to gain from these rumors?

good points.

bblocker68
8th February 2008, 16:33
That was a pretty huge story to make up. Looks like things are heating up to me.

SoCalPVguy
8th February 2008, 17:45

I agree about the crapagons, but we need to get it all together under one tent almost at any cost, then as the combined series matures, a new advanced formaula in 2009 or 2010 can be produced.

sanguin
8th February 2008, 18:00
"Champ Car co-owner Kevin Kalkhoven stressed that no offer has been made from either series and, therefore, no deal has been agreed to, as has been reported on the Internet."

garyshell
8th February 2008, 18:08
"Champ Car co-owner Kevin Kalkhoven stressed that no offer has been made from either series and, therefore, no deal has been agreed to, as has been reported on the Internet."

How many more times are you going to repeat that TECHNICAL representation of facts, Cleopatra? Read those words VERY carefully, it does not say that no negotiations around such an offer are going on, only that no offer has been made. That is a VERY legal way of saying the paper has not been drawn up, no more, no less.

Gary

sanguin
8th February 2008, 18:12
How many more times are you going to repeat that TECHNICAL representation of facts, Cleopatra? Read those words VERY carefully, it does not say that no negotiations around such an offer are going on, only that no offer has been made. That is a VERY legal way of saying the paper has not been drawn up, no more, no less.

Gary

Think about this, GF and the other owners would have to sign off too.

Sorry, no merger for 2008 unless the big dollars show up and TG moves his schedule around. IMO.

Rogelio
8th February 2008, 18:14
Merger talks have floated around the last decade, but most of us know that this is closest we have been to a merger than any other time. I want it to happen, but I also do not want it to happen. Most of Champ Car fans realize the TG will have the upper hand. What can we do?

Breeze
8th February 2008, 19:02
Right that the current Dallara cars look like crap and are comparatively slow, but for this to happen this year its the only option as there are enough Dallaras to make something happen, but not nearly enough DP01's.

Also, the current ICS/IRL car is scheduled for replacement very soon. Who's to say the DP01 isn't the easy solution to THAT. And, it may even work out that the turbo engine comes along with the package AND HONDA ressurects THEIR 2.65L turbo. After all, the current Cosworth is not too far removed from what it was when it raced against the Honda.

It has been said that the DP01 can be made oval safe (and may be already). With a full field of buyers, it should be short work to develope an oval aero package.

Lastly, if Dallara is already having to put together a new chassis, why not design it along the same parameters as the Panoz? Two chassis, two engines, a full field and a good mix of road, street and ovals. With all that going for it, who gives a s__t who's in charge?