PDA

View Full Version : Tense time for CCWS & IRL

clydekart
8th February 2008, 15:11
This must be a tense time for the heads of both series as they push towards a last minute merger. A little humour to break the tension may be called for--Now the Champ Car World Series (CCWS) only have to switch one leter in their acronym to CWCS to become C*ap Wagon Circle Series.

anthonyvop
8th February 2008, 15:57
This must be a tense time for the heads of both series as they push towards a last minute merger. A little humour to break the tension may be called for--Now the Champ Car World Series (CCWS) only have to switch one leter in their acronym to CWCS to become C*ap Wagon Circle Series.
Why tense?

clydekart
8th February 2008, 16:41
Why tense you ask?
Time is ticking as both series had already made plans for 2008. Can you imagine the complications of trying to pull this off in such a short time span?
If this was going to be done-they should have started last year.

bblocker68
8th February 2008, 16:42
I'm always a little tense around Christmas time...........

SoCalPVguy
8th February 2008, 17:43
Open message to IRL and CCWS leaders : Don't F--- it up this time. Get it done and let's all go racing together !!!

anthonyvop
8th February 2008, 17:44
Why tense you ask?
Time is ticking as both series had already made plans for 2008. Can you imagine the complications of trying to pull this off in such a short time span?
If this was going to be done-they should have started last year.

Ohhhhhhhhh......
So you believe the Robin Miller story?

DavePI2
8th February 2008, 17:46
you are so right socal, and I hope to meet everyone when this is all done at friday practice day at midohio. It will be tough not having cleveland but I can live with it if we are finally back together.

David

garyshell
8th February 2008, 17:58
Ohhhhhhhhh......
So you believe the Robin Miller story?

Since the story has been corroborated on the AP news wire, ESPN and the Indystar why not?

Gary

dataman1
8th February 2008, 19:51
Tense for the owners? Might be because they waited so long.

If you really want tension, try being an employee of Champcar. Will I have a job? How do I pay for my house, medical bills, etc..

The owners won't loose nearly as much sleep as the employees.

It is easy as fans to sit back and comment but in reality this merger/take over/whatever is going to cost someone their job and that is first class tension.

I wish them all the best!

bblocker68
8th February 2008, 20:24
Good point dataman. I'm sure the Conquest camp are wondering what will happen next.