PDA

View Full Version : Gas on Robby

A.F.F.
11th January 2007, 21:42
I'm happy to inform you guys that Robby took a stage win in Dakar Raid with Hummer. :D

Those who want to follow the Raid, here's a handy link to it: http://www.raid-live.com/dakar/en/index.shtml

harvick#1
11th January 2007, 22:05
well done Robby :D too bad hes out of contention for the dakar

Mihai
11th January 2007, 22:14
Thanks for the link AFF, I never would have thought you're going to post on the NASCAR section of the forum. Excellent result for Robby, he's charging hard for stage wins now that he's out of contention for a top 5 overall. I saw him yesterday bumping a frightened innocent driver (who promptly hit the brakes) in the purest Robby style: 'I you wanna live, move out of my way!'

He made good progress yesterday to have a better starting position today and eventually to win the stage. WTG Robby! :up:

A.F.F.
11th January 2007, 22:33
Point taken Mihai but tell you truth, I broke the ice already last year. These rednecks welcomed me with open arms :D ;)

I'm a Robby fan from head to toe :up:

Speedworx
12th January 2007, 00:13
Shame he lost so much time early on in the rally :(

Great to see him win a stage :)

Sparky1329
12th January 2007, 05:32
GAS ON!!! http://www.boomspeed.com/rockysmom/smileyheadbang.gif

Sparky1329
12th January 2007, 05:39
USA Dakar Car Records Set:

1.First American Born and Raised Driver/Nav Team to win a Dakar Stage.
2.Co-Pilot Andy Grider became the first American Navigator to provide direction to a stage win.
3. Hummer was the first US manufacturer to win a Dakar Stage.
4. In 2005 Robby was and still is the only American to win a stage... multiple stages and today Robby extended that to 3.
5. First and only Dakar racer ever to design and win on his own brand wheels.
6. First and only American to Design and win with his own Brand Shocks.
7. First American Based racing team to build, prepare, support and win a stage in the Dakar Rally.
8. First Team to give Toyo Tires a stage win in the Dakar Rally.
9. First American to drive his own car to a stage win in Dakar.
10.First team to film and produce in the field thier own YouTube.Com Web Site (Ranked top 20 on the 6th most viewed site in the world).

A.F.F.
14th January 2007, 19:06
After 7th. stage Gordon is 16th. but only minute and a half from 14th. position. The route is still long and anything can happen like Carlos Sainz just noticed.

Gas on Robby :up:

tassiedevilAB
15th January 2007, 12:04
after stage 8 he is in a much better position, he finished 8th & getting in the top 10 is really impressive,...........he is in 10th position now!
if he keeps that up he could get in the top 5, if nothing happens to him!

tassiedevilAB
16th January 2007, 01:41
Schlesser wins stage9.

Robby Gordon still in the top 10 & getting better all the time! 8th place overall

Mark in Oshawa
16th January 2007, 17:46
In the end, he is still Robby Gordon....I just cant get excited for the guy, even though in the desert, he is in his element....

Sparky1329
16th January 2007, 23:52
Rob was 23rd in Stage 10 and remains 8th overall. They ran out of gas just before the checkpoint. Some of the bike guys helped them out with fuel.

"Andy Grider, 2006 Red Bull KTM U.S. Dakar team veteran 2007 navigator for #320 Robby Gordon Hummer This year Andy Grider has traded his KTM in for a shotgun ride in Robby Gordon's #320 Hummer. Andy's ride was cut short last year after a fantastic early stage performances when he crashed out in Morocco.

"It's been a lot of fun this year," said Andy. "A lot different riding in a car (the Hummer) a lot less taxing than piloting a motorcycle. I have gotten to know Robby (Gordon) and find him to be a very likable guy. Not at all what you sometimes read about in the press. Ours is a team of Dakar rookies, other than Robby and one of the other guys, but so far we are doing pretty well."

"Overall our Hummer has been a very good vehicle. We could use a little more top end (175 kilometers per hour max versus 190 kph for the Misubishis and 215 khp for the Jean-Marie Schlesser car) but it really does a great job in the technical stuff and Robby is a fantastic driver. Yeah, we can just all get along."

Andy Grider: "I want people to know how much the Dakar is like good old fashioned off-road racing back home. Regardless of who you are or who you ride or drive for, we're all in this together and every day our fellow competitors look in on us to see if we're Ok, and to ask if they can help us. The VW team is huge here - the main show - and each night they check up on us. It's great."

Robert Ryan
17th January 2007, 11:36
Overall our Hummer has been a very good vehicle. We could use a little more top end (175 kilometers per hour max versus 190 kph for the Misubishis and 215 khp for the Jean-Marie Schlesser car)
Amazing speed by Schlesser. A underfunded , home built car, the 58yr old hopes he can pull off another win. Peterhansel is another amazing success story. Won 6 times on bikes, then switches to cars and wins two on the trot. Interesting to see if he makes it a hat trick for 2007.

Erki
17th January 2007, 23:55
I hope someone asks Robby what the HELL he was doing with that jack under his car. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Schless' car top ends 215kph? But I guess that car is quite light as well.

tassiedevilAB
18th January 2007, 00:23
what a great story from Andy Grider,
see guys it is not all technical & standoffish like the bigger rallies, these guys care about everyones wellbeing & that might be what robby likes about this rally, old fashion hospitallity!

Sparky1329
18th January 2007, 18:01
Some of the bike guys turned their bikes upside down to share some fuel with Robby. It's more than just about racing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zYuyqtqH7A

A.F.F.
18th January 2007, 22:08
Some of the bike guys turned their bikes upside down to share some fuel with Robby. It's more than just about racing.
[/url]

:up:

Exactly.

tassiedevilAB
19th January 2007, 00:38
I agree there, that it is alot more than just racing, good on them for helping out a fellow adventurer! to get to his destination!

table
19th January 2007, 01:40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zYuyqtqH7AThanks for the link, great stuff.

Sparky1329
19th January 2007, 05:07
The videos are amazing. Eurosport is doing a magnificent job of capturing the action.

Cole_Trickle
19th January 2007, 14:08
If anyone hasn't seen the doco 'The race to Dakar' or similar title, it's very interesting to watch, very good, I beleive was made during the '06 race, it's good stuff.