PDA

View Full Version : CMR2 Uddeholm Swedish Rally

jso1985
5th February 2008, 21:26
Gear up for the coldest rally of the year, frozen roads with lots of snow is the challenge to face this time around.

The rally will be run with the following format:

Game Rally: Sweden
Shakedown Stage: SS3
Day 1: Single rally expert level
Day 2: Single rally intermediate level

PLEASE NOTE: CUTTING THROUGH THE SNOWBANKS ON THE FROZEN LAKE ON SS2 IS CONSIDERED CHEATING SO PLEASE DON'T DO IT AND STAY AND THE ICY ROAD, THANKS.

Please when possible send your timecard(available for dowload at the yahoo group) to [email:2ignif7e]jso_1985@yahoo.com[/email:2ignif7e] only when not being able to use Excel files use PM's

Deadline for submissions is on Wednesday 13th 15:59 GMT

For more information, ask it here, new drivers always welcomed.

Have fun and good luck!

tannat
5th February 2008, 22:10
Really wanting to do well on this one-recce starts tonight!

Need to spend some time on the night stage!!

Juha
5th February 2008, 22:18
One run for me, 1:20.69, improved my PB by 2 and a half second.

Gearbox -1
Suspension +1
Power bias +2
Brake bias +2
Brake power +3
Steering +4

Roy
5th February 2008, 22:44
A.RT Ford UK makes debut
Roy look forward to season snow start

A new year a new team. The Dutch/United Kingdom team A.RT Ford UK makes it debut in CMR2 Uddeholm Swedish Rally. Both nominated drivers 'Roy' and 'Racer69' drives this rally. They do selected events. Monte was to early in the season. They had no time for it. The team look forward to the first rally on same surface. "It is an important and nice rally."

Roy: "Sweden is a must. Driving on snow is what I enjoyed. I know these rally by training and driving for hobby. Driving against the worlds best CMR2 drivers is new for me on snow.
'Roy' makes his debut in CMR2 last year and starts with a 5th place in Japan followed by a 4th in Ireland. "It was crazy last year. I was near the subtop. I haven't expected that result.
"For Sweden the plan is to finish in the points for the team. We saw in Monte
CMR2 has many teams now. It means we have to drive our car in top ten or in points too if we want collected manu.points. That gives us a lot of pressure, but that's OK."

Magnus
5th February 2008, 22:50
Ice is Nice!
(Additional information 1: is in swedish means ice, which makes it a little more fun...)
(Additional information 2: my ice-car is named Ice is Nice, and has blue stickers on it with its pride name...that would be had though :( )
(Additional information 3: my small boat is named Ice is Nice since it is very good to break ice with when it is cold :)

I will come back to you with remarks regarding the rally...

UKOG~Will
6th February 2008, 07:47
I love the snow stages. I will compete in this one and my times shouldn't be weird..no mirrored stages :D

I am evil Homer
6th February 2008, 09:19
Took the C4 out for a run last night and was happy with the results. I've found the following set up seems to suit the car the most (when using the snow tyres and not wet tarmacs!!)

Gearbox -1
Suspension +2
Power bias +2
Brake bias +2
Brake power +2
Steering +3

1:19.43
1:22.84...ooops...pushed too hard on the ice and ended up on a snowbank!
1:19.75
1:18.94

Very happy with those times...the C4 works really well on the snow so i'm hoping to get another good run at this event.

J.Lindstroem
6th February 2008, 11:17
Took the C4 out for a run last night and was happy with the results. I've found the following set up seems to suit the car the most (when using the snow tyres and not wet tarmacs!!)

Gearbox -1
Suspension +2
Power bias +2
Brake bias +2
Brake power +2
Steering +3

1:19.43
1:22.84...ooops...pushed too hard on the ice and ended up on a snowbank!
1:19.75
1:18.94

Very happy with those times...the C4 works really well on the snow so i'm hoping to get another good run at this event.

I finished 4th in the last rally, i saw on the times that where i was driving best was on the tarmarc. On the snow i was useless, so i don´t have high hopes for this rally. Eventhough it is my homerally i find it very difficult and i will be very happy if i can be in the Top 8-6!

racer69
6th February 2008, 11:18
A.RT Ford UK makes debut
Roy look forward to season snow start

A new year a new team. The Dutch/United Kingdom team A.RT Ford UK makes it debut in CMR2 Uddeholm Swedish Rally. Both nominated drivers 'Roy' and 'Racer69' drives this rally. They do selected events. Monte was to early in the season. They had no time for it. The team look forward to the first rally on same surface. "It is an important and nice rally."

Roy: "Sweden is a must. Driving on snow is what I enjoyed. I know these rally by training and driving for hobby. Driving against the worlds best CMR2 drivers is new for me on snow.
'Roy' makes his debut in CMR2 last year and starts with a 5th place in Japan followed by a 4th in Ireland. "It was crazy last year. I was near the subtop. I haven't expected that result.
"For Sweden the plan is to finish in the points for the team. We saw in Monte
CMR2 has many teams now. It means we have to drive our car in top ten or in points too if we want collected manu.points. That gives us a lot of pressure, but that's OK."

Racer69 is also looking forward to his first run of the season, he believes the alignment of the A.RT Ford UK team will reap benefits for both drivers;

"The snow in Sweden is quite abit different to the heat and dust in my native Australia, however that doesn't mean a good result is not possible"

"We plan to do as many rounds as we can this season. It was a shame to miss the Monte Carlo, but i'm sure we can do a good job in Sweden"

tannat
6th February 2008, 12:54
1.20.12 (new PB :D )

Hoping to at least do as well as our Monte placing. Looking for NOR and Ramore to be fast here....

And cyborg_hun is returning....

Ramore
6th February 2008, 15:44
Looking for NOR and Ramore to be fast here....

Yep, I performed really well last year in Sweden and Norway(2nd place). But now the competition is stiffer, so I am aiming at a top 8 result.

P.S. I really can't figure the suspension settings out. Usually I use -1 or -2 in Sweden, but now I see some of you play with +2 which is a big difference.

Juha
6th February 2008, 16:22
I've just completed day 1. It was superb. :s mokin: Broke two of my personal bests and didn't crash into the trees. It's far more enjoyable than the Monte Carlo.

I am evil Homer
6th February 2008, 16:42
That Suzuki seems to be working well! I'm doing my run tonight and will report back tomorrow.

Juha
6th February 2008, 16:50
Day 2: 5 PB's, enough said. :D

tannat
6th February 2008, 17:15
Day 2: 5 PB's, enough said. :D

Why complete the rally so soon, teammate? You could practice another 3 days....

Juha
6th February 2008, 19:03
I've had enough practice. ;)

Only made one mistake, on stage 15 I think. There's a series of fast corners in the beginning, I slightly overcooked my braking after the last one. The car went nose-first into a snow wall. Fortunately, there wasn't a tree standing in the way, and the snow wall did the braking, so I could continue without a problem.

UKOG~Will
6th February 2008, 20:38
I'm down to 1:18's

Rat
7th February 2008, 01:09
some fast times there. Gunna have to stock up bigtime on the Red Bull..

Marcel Haenen
7th February 2008, 08:26
I will do my shakedown tonight. I see a couple of guys doing 1m18's...this is going to be a hard sweden!

Magnus
7th February 2008, 08:39
Yeah, 1,18 is fantastic. We have been working hard on the shakedown with different settings, but 1,20,81 is the best we can do for the moment. We have difficulties with the corners around 4-7, and the cornering just isn´t working. We have huge drifts and no settings seem to solve the problem. The mechanics keep telling me that I should invest in new analogue steering... :)
Anyways, I am quite happy with the time anyway, allthough I think the swedeish rally is extra difficult since it is one of the most popular rallies, and thus people have been training on these roads a little more.
We will come back to you with more info as the rally evolves :)

I am evil Homer
7th February 2008, 09:25
Swedish stages are just a lot of fun too...I think Sweden and UK are the two I play the most because they're the most fun.

I am evil Homer
7th February 2008, 12:26
We arrived buoyed by our podium in Monte and set some good times in Shakedown so had a good feeling about this event and the car set up.

Day 1 was long and tricky with some stages in sunlight and others with snow storms. The first few stages passed without incident but on a later stage we made a slight error - I mish-heard a pace note and had to brake sharply forcing the car wide and hitting a barrier. Didn't affect the car but I definitely slowed slightly on that stage.

Looking forward to Day 2 and pushing on to hopefully score another podium. The car feels good but its seems the Xsara and Suzuki are both going well here and we have a number of very good crews in the Fords pushing hard. We'll see how things work out.

tannat
7th February 2008, 15:08
Recce'd SS10 this morning-quite a stage! several hairpins and then the flat out section with the 'magnetic' ditch about 1/3 through the stage.

Wish I could take that complete section flat out.....

Tannat

Juha
7th February 2008, 15:33
Hit the brakes when you're past the first house on the left. :)

tannat
7th February 2008, 16:46

yeah-that's about my braking point...

UKOG~Will
7th February 2008, 16:53
Done my official shakedown...I love snow but I'm thrilled with the results
1:19.44
1:19.54
1:18.71
1:18.33
1:17.90

w00t

Marcel Haenen
7th February 2008, 18:21
Nice times Ukog~will! I will do a couple of runs in a minute.

Juha
7th February 2008, 19:17
Done my official shakedown...I love snow but I'm thrilled with the results
1:19.44
1:19.54
1:18.71
1:18.33
1:17.90

w00t
Nice to see you're setting realistic times. :)

UKOG~Will
7th February 2008, 19:30
Yep just done my first day of rallying.

Marcel Haenen
7th February 2008, 20:47
I just finished shakedown and wasn't too happy afterwards...
It was only on my 6th run I got a reasonable time and I was somehow happy with my driving. But it wasn't anything near the times of ukog_will and I_am_evil_homer.
1 1m21.83
2 1m20.87
3 1m19.41
4 1m21.35
5 1m19.31
6 1m18.80

jso1985
7th February 2008, 21:43

and push the brakes gently(or in PS1 language, push, then release and brake again)

Shakedown times:
1:24,13
1:22,55
1:23,52
1:23,07
1:21,13 new PB

Took me 4 stages, but finally got a decent pace on the car, looking forward for the rally

tannat
7th February 2008, 21:53
I just finished shakedown and wasn't too happy afterwards...
It was only on my 6th run I got a reasonable time and I was somehow happy with my driving. But it wasn't anything near the times of ukog_will and I_am_evil_homer.

Aside from stage 9 this stage is very unrepresentative of the rally as a whole..

Marcel Haenen
7th February 2008, 22:05
I couldn't stand not breaking the 1m18's, so I did a couple more runs and ended with 1m17.77 including a mistake in the 6th sector which costed me about 5-6 tenth. I made a video of the run for whoever is interested:
http://www.mediafire.com/?cmglz1xkpt4

UKOG~Will
7th February 2008, 22:16
Um...guys...I've done a 1.09..going to bed now pics up in the morning

Juha
7th February 2008, 22:24
Bit too fast if you ask me...

http://www.hotlaps.de/cgi-bin/hlcmain.cgi?cmr2&TABLE&28

tannat
7th February 2008, 22:29
Um...guys...I've done a 1.09..

Here we go again.....

jso1985
7th February 2008, 22:46
oh dear...

Magnus
8th February 2008, 01:08
Hope Will is kidding...
Otherwise...
I tried to better my 1,20,81, but to no avail... :(
Happy anyways though, and tomorrow I leave for the real rally, so I will not attend until sunday evening.

UKOG~Will
8th February 2008, 07:47
I'm not kidding... :(

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g161/willlloyd/PICT0833.jpg

I'll do a video if you like. See if I go that fast again

Marcel Haenen
8th February 2008, 08:02
You'd better do a video! Such times are just impossible! I am pretty sure you used the tool CMR2Edit somwhere in the past...

I am evil Homer
8th February 2008, 09:41
Are you doing the right shakedown stage??? You need to photograph the entire screen.

Benefit of the doubt for now but it is hard to believe you've suddenly gone 10 seconds faster than yr first shakedown attempt. I'm maxed out getting into the low 18's and can't see how/where you can find 9 seconds extra. 1m hell maybe up to 4 seconds...but 9?

UKOG~Will
8th February 2008, 16:42
I am pretty sure you used the tool CMR2Edit somwhere in the past...

Yep do you think that has had something to do with my game giving me hilariously fast times? I've used it for unpacking BFL files but that's it

Are you doing the right shakedown stage??? You need to photograph the entire screen.

Yes I did do the right stage.

tannat
8th February 2008, 17:07
Yep do you think that has had something to do with my game giving me hilariously fast times? I've used it for unpacking BFL files but that's it

Yes I did do the right stage.

I am confident it's the right stage and the right time. As at Monte I believe your being honest, etc.

But Will, again you have recorded a time that is not only faster than the group, but SIGNIFICANTLY faster by a large margin over the group and esatblished records.

While you were the sport and withdrew from the Monte, are you willing to potentially do so again? The situation with your times remains unresolved, and if you really want to continue in the championship I think you should tkae to heart some suggestions presented in the Monte thread (reload the game, delete all profiles, etc).

It's not going to be an enjoyable season for you or the rest of the group if banter such as the preceding continues throughout.

Cheers,

Tannat

UKOG~Will
8th February 2008, 17:44
I will delete all files and profiles tonight. I had done a video though for the shakedown stage, it was a 1:10. something.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g161/willlloyd/th_MPG_0835.jpg (http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g161/willlloyd/?action=view&current=MPG_0835.flv)

Marcel Haenen
8th February 2008, 18:21
Yep do you think that has had something to do with my game giving me hilariously fast times?

Yes, it does. It also alters the grip settings of the game. In the past I was webadmin (checking laps people sent) at hotlaps.de, It was common knowledge that people using this tool got crazy laps. We could tell because their ghost file went crazy during the stage when you run it on a unaltered version of CMR2. Try to reinstall your game and set these kind of times, I am sure you won't even get near.

In your video your car accelerates way too fast for a regular WRC car on snow surface...this tells me your grip settings are wrong.

UKOG~Will
8th February 2008, 18:35
Fantastic...sorta. Thanks Marcel. ;)

Marcel Haenen
8th February 2008, 21:55
Fantastic...sorta. Thanks Marcel. ;)

no problem mate! what are your times now? ;)

UKOG~Will
8th February 2008, 22:39
Haven't been back on the game yet...just got back in..been out with mates. Tomorrow ;)

Rat
9th February 2008, 11:04
good luck Will. Tis good to have MArcel keeping us honest..
I finished my shakedown, and while they are faster for me, I'm in no shape to contest for a podium position.
1:30.27
1:29.39
1:31.02
1:31.44
1:29.31 PB
Marcel, for the future, what is the fastest way around the SS? It bugs the hell outa me each time I get there...

UKOG~Will
9th February 2008, 13:23
It's reinstalling now.

Marcel Haenen
9th February 2008, 13:41
The superspecial is a very tricky track, you should be very easy on the throttle and really control your sliding. I'll do a video later today to show you how I do it.

tannat
9th February 2008, 14:04
Marcel, for the future, what is the fastest way around the SS? It bugs the hell outa me each time I get there...

Sweden SSS? One word-WALLBANG! ;)

Juha
9th February 2008, 14:08
Are you sure that such driving is allowed? :D

tannat
9th February 2008, 17:15
Are you sure that such driving is allowed? :D

Nothign in the rules about it, and I've been vocal about wallbanging for 4 years-no objections.....

Marcel says wallbanging is slower, but I haven't his skill set :D

UKOG~Will
9th February 2008, 17:32
I think my game is fully working! :D

On the shakedown I'm doing now 1:19's - 1:21's

So would suggest all is well.

Marcel Haenen
9th February 2008, 18:03
Well on the SSS wallbanging is perhaps faster, especially in the corner before start/finish of the righ loop. The rest of the stage it is not faster I think.
In my opinion wallbanging shouldn´t be allowed, but there is no way to check it. I think you should try to do it as neat as possible, just banging in the walls means you accept that you can´t drive it straight ;) I'll do a run now and make a shoot.

Marcel Haenen
9th February 2008, 18:45
sorry...can't do the video tonight...the batteries of my camera went dead..

jso1985
9th February 2008, 18:46
Wallbanging can only benefit you in very few places on the game, in most places you only end damaging your car, so also with being alsmost impossible to police, wallbanging is allowed.

jso1985
9th February 2008, 18:53
BTW I haven't got any e-mail from you Juha, in case you already sent your timecard

Juha
9th February 2008, 20:23
I still have to send it. :)

jso1985
9th February 2008, 20:39
ah ok... lazy Belgian :p

Frozzy
9th February 2008, 20:48
Can anyone tell me is both days run nomally or in Mirror mode and also are both days run with Snow Tyres or Dry Tarmac ones thanks

jso1985
9th February 2008, 20:56
both days normal mode with free tyre choice(I recommend snow ones :p ) :)

for the record, unless stated, it's always normal mode, and tyre choice is always free except on Montecarlo day 2

Frozzy
9th February 2008, 21:04
all right cool i'll have to do the rally tomorrow then ^_^

tannat
9th February 2008, 21:44
I believe you'll be able to change your signature within 24 hours, Frozzy

GO JML!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rat
10th February 2008, 08:00
Thanks marcel, I tried to stay off the walls. They just slow me down!
Jso, you have mail.

We finished the Rally in 1 piece!
Day 1:
I completely changed my driving style and the car. Immediately I had results and they were faster.First 3 stages were fast and flowing, setting PB's on each. A huge underseer moment into the tres slowed us on stage 4. The rest of the day we set more PB's including a huge hit on my side, I think it was a tree, on stage 10. Day1 ended very fast with ridiculously long slides saved. No real damage done!
Day 2:
Today followed the success of yesterday, setting more fast times and we sideswiped the marshall's car, oops sorry. We just went for it and the seconds were dropping off our times, it was good to have fun on this hard rally. The dreaded SS caught us out and we slid wide sideways down the escape road.

I'm pretty sure this is the best time I've done for this Rally where I've struggled before. Thanks to a great Team and to Red Bull, we needed you this weekend.

Pawprint
10th February 2008, 10:45
1:29:02
1:28:32 (new setup)
1:29:67
1:27:27 (we were 2 seconds up at one point)
1:27:23 (could have gone a lot faster)

I am evil Homer
10th February 2008, 10:55
Homer has finished Rally Sweden.

"This was a tough event...we know the roads well but still it's such a massive challenge. We found a great set up and the car felt good on every stage. We even managed to avoid the barriers on both runs through the SSS which is a minor miracle. Still, the mechanics were happy!!"

Rat
10th February 2008, 11:05
well done pawprint! With ttimes like that, you are well on your way to a podium place!

Pawprint
10th February 2008, 12:24
Why thank you! Sadly the rally is not reflecting that, though.... :(

Frozzy
10th February 2008, 17:19
At the finishing line with Frozz Motors Europe Lead Driver Martin Frosdick
"so how was this event for you ?"
MF: "yeah it was great for us we acheived a lot of personal bests on this rally and the skoda was running like a dream no problems and the set up seem perfect."
"Any notable events happen to you this weekend then?"
MF: " No we had a safe rally thankfully the only damage we got was cosmetic and didnt affect the handling. Other than that aonly a half spin on stage 3 was our problem."
"how was the weather out there it looked a bit snowy/"
MF. "yeah towards the end of day 1 it started snowing and it caused us to think ahead to the next day where it was snowing almost all day which caused us to have a visability problem halfway through this morning."
"So any prediction as to where you've finished?"
MF." Well hopefully we've acheived a top 10 position maybe 6th but anything after that will be a bonus."

cyborg_hun
10th February 2008, 17:28
Hi all!

I did some recce today between 2 night shifts

My best shakedown time is 1:19,97
My best ever is 1.19,52

I think this 5 runs was enough to prepare, i cant do better time, except someone give advice what to do with the auto transmission :)

UKOG~Will
10th February 2008, 19:25
I will be doing the rally tomorrow :p

Nice runs cyborg and Paws!

Magnus
11th February 2008, 18:21
Wow! I did 1,20,08 on shakedown! Maybe keyboard is getting more analogue for every run :)

Juha
11th February 2008, 19:40
ah ok... lazy Belgian :p

Did you receive it now, oh Your Activeness? :p

tannat
11th February 2008, 20:38
Wow! I did 1,20,08 on shakedown! Maybe keyboard is getting more analogue for every run :)

I thought analog was the way to go as well, Magnus, but on my PS1 it incorporates a degree of imprecision in steering directness. You lose time from constantly correcting your input.

Perhaps it is different on PC, but that is what I've found on my PS1. I think a well dialed-in wheel is the way to go. Have a look at Marcel's videos. Very little correction in the steering if at all.

It's like he is in an F1 car regardless of the surface.

kabouter
11th February 2008, 20:40
This time I managed to make it to shakedown - but no time for a good recce because I'm too busy - getting the key to my new house tomorrow (well, I'm just going to rent it, not buy it, but a lot of things to arrange nonetheless).

My times:

I was quite happy with the improvements I made to the setup - and this constituted a nice improvement on my previous PB on this stage.

I'm also very happy with the speed of my teammate at Curtans RallyBase Motorsport. But of course this is the home event of Magnus, so probably his best chance to impress this whole season :)

Pawprint
11th February 2008, 21:19
Yes, We made a lot of mistakes, too many, know we could/should have been a lot faster, I am not pleased with the result, but that’s how it is, and you don’t win rallies on if’s and but’s. I am not a big fan of this rally, or rallying on snow, never have been, and now it’s time to move on.

Magnus
12th February 2008, 07:30
Yes, i have always wondered if there is any real difference, and logicaly it would be. On the other hand the game is probably not set up like you turn your wheels from lock to lock all the time. well, I am pleased anyway :)
It would be very interesting to have an insight into how the game is built up. It always puzzles me...
Thanks kabouter! I have my hopes pretty low though. there are some Loebs out there, so I try to just focus on the next corner and hope i beat them in shuffleboard instead :)

Marcel Haenen
12th February 2008, 08:34
I was recceing the rally yesterday and CMR2 just crashed and didn't want to startup anymore....I hope I can fix this thing this evening...

kabouter
12th February 2008, 08:57
Marcel, I hope you manage to fix it - otherwise the chances of a Dutch victory in Sweden are gone :(

I completed the rally last night. I'm quite happy with how it went, some silly errors, but after my rather destructive Monte experience things went much smoother. On all but three of the stages I improved my PB. On the first two stages of the second day (stage 12 and 13) something must have been wrong with the car. Despite not making any big mistakes I was 4 seconds slower on both stages compared to day 1. The mechanics must have fixed it in service, because on stage 14 I set a convincing personal best time...

Roy
12th February 2008, 09:46
I go for a Dutch victory ;) Later this day (night?) I have finished the rally.

tannat
12th February 2008, 12:39
Reporter:"Good run on the superspecial, Tannat. How are your feelings on day1?"

Tannat: " It was a good day. Little bit of precipitation on stage 4, but it did not hinder our run. Overall very satisfied with our rally thus far. No really fast times, but very clean with little time in the drifts."

Reporter: "Excellent news. And how about the second leg-push a bit perhaps?"

Tannat: "No-this rally is too unfamiliar to us. We will be safe on the second leg and hope that our consistency will place us in the points. It would be very nice indeed to score points on the first two rallies. It would be a magnificent start to the season."

Reporter: "So it's an unfamiliar rally. Are you enjoying yourself?"

Tannat: "Driving these stages is like petting a tame tiger. For the most part the tiger is nice and allows you, but you know at an moment if you are not careful he might eat you alive."

Reporter: "Interesting analogy. Best of luck for day 2, Tannat."

Magnus
12th February 2008, 12:40
:D
Nice inteview!

jso1985
12th February 2008, 18:35
I want what the Suzuki guys are smoking :crazy: :p

tannat
12th February 2008, 18:41
I want what the Suzuki guys are smoking :crazy: :p

:laugh:

Head gaskets-if you are following the WRC :p

UKOG~Will
13th February 2008, 08:17
Ok I have been busy again ( ... with DiRT :( ) and will run the event today if that's ok and not too late I hope.

Marcel Haenen
13th February 2008, 08:26
I had to re-install my game, but was able to do the rally yesterday. During the first day I had some trouble finding a good rhythm. The car was not well balanced and I had to change the setup during every service. In the end of the day I was happy with the car and my driving was improving. seconde day was a lot better, but still not as fast as I would have wanted. Next year I really have to do some more recce before starting the rally...especially on the icy stages, you really need to know in whoch corner you can push and in which corner you should be very carefull.

Frozzy
13th February 2008, 10:57
hmm some strange analogy from tannat there but now all we have to do is wait for final conformition of times. How many competitiors competed in Sweden anyways ?

tannat
13th February 2008, 12:24
Reporter: "Another good run on the superspecial, Tannat. How was the Suzuki for you?"

Tannat: "The car was fine for this rally. Some more intensive setup work would be of help. We have to work very hard on ths rally, and it should not be this way. Sometimes we give too much steering, other times not enough. We also think our dampers ma be a bit too soft after day 1, but were afraid to make changes for day 2."

Reporter: "How do you see your times for today?"

Tannat: "Much like day 1. Some spots a bit faster, some spots a bit slower. No dramatic differences. We are satisfied."

Reporter: "And how do you think you finished?"

Tannat: "Not very optimistic here. A points finish would be welcome, but unexpected."

Reporter: "Final question: What are your feelings going to Mexico?"

Tannat: "A tricky rally-much like here except sand instead of snow. We scored well there last year with the Ford (4th), and hope to do as well this year. Hopefully the weather will be kind as the stages are quite slippy in the rain."

Reporter: "Thank you, Tannat. Cheers for a good finish."

I am evil Homer
13th February 2008, 13:41
No tigers this time! I was surprised how much better the C4 seemed after stiffening the suspension. First recce was default, but after running the car harder it felt easier to control, sharper turn in and less drift.

Or maybe I just learnt how to drive :D

tannat
13th February 2008, 14:28
No tigers this time! I was surprised how much better the C4 seemed after stiffening the suspension. First recce was default, but after running the car harder it felt easier to control, sharper turn in and less drift.

Or maybe I just learnt how to drive :D

Yeah-I ran 0 suspension throughout, but was happy with it during recce.

We'll leave it for 2009 ;)

Marcel Haenen
13th February 2008, 14:56
I also used 0 for suspension. My final setup was GB 0 SUSP 0 PR 0 BB -1 BP +3 ST +5

tannat
13th February 2008, 15:54
I also used 0 for suspension. My final setup was GB 0 SUSP 0 PR 0 BB -1 BP +3 ST +5

I think there is a very interesting interaction between suspension, power ratio, and steering. Adjust one and it affects the others.

I won't pretend that I understand it fully, but I think it has the same sort of direction as a woman shopping for shoes.. :p

Marcel Haenen
13th February 2008, 16:07
well, the link between suspension and power ratio is obvious (in my opinion). A stiffer suspension results in less body roll, more responsive steering (faster dirextion changes), but introduces some understeer. You can counter this effect by changing the power ratio more towards the rear (creating onpower oversteer).

tannat
13th February 2008, 16:51
well, the link between suspension and power ratio is obvious (in my opinion). A stiffer suspension results in less body roll, more responsive steering (faster dirextion changes), but introduces some understeer. You can counter this effect by changing the power ratio more towards the rear (creating onpower oversteer).

In theory I know what you say to be true, Marcel. But I just can't pick up the differences in adjustment using my PS1 wingpad setup (except maybe on tarmac).

I really need to take time and play with setups on every surface in CMR 2. I've got the commitment to do so this year.

Thanks

Tannat

UKOG~Will
13th February 2008, 19:35
Setting out onto the stages very shortly...

jso1985
13th February 2008, 20:04
well hurry up a bit, you're past the deadline, will give you until 21:00 GMT to send me the timecard

jso1985
13th February 2008, 20:07
Jso1985 has finished the rally

"Car was feeling too nervous on day 1, so we couldn't set good times as we were too busy keeping the car off the snow, on day 2 we finally managed to feel confortable on the C4 and faster times came naturally. We've never been competitive on snow so we're just expecting to get some points"

tannat
13th February 2008, 20:24
Jso1985 has finished the rally

"Car was feeling too nervous on day 1, so we couldn't set good times as we were too busy keeping the car off the snow, on day 2 we finally managed to feel confortable on the C4 and faster times came naturally. We've never been competitive on snow so we're just expecting to get some points"

I don't want to smoke what they are smoking at Citroen :p

Juha
13th February 2008, 20:41
They're on a roll after a speed ticket. :p

jso1985
13th February 2008, 20:59
jävla polisen :p the Swedish cop will understand that :p

Results will take longer to get published guys, having again problems with Steve0302 timecard

UKOG~Will
13th February 2008, 21:00
I'm sending now! :p I got 90 seconds left! :p

tannat
13th February 2008, 21:13
How large a field, jso1985?

jso1985
13th February 2008, 21:13
everything OK now Will :up:

BTW, once I get Steve0302's timecard, we will have 21 entries for this rally :D

tannat
13th February 2008, 21:18

BTW, once I get Steve0302's timecard, we will have 21 entries for this rally :D

:crazy: :arrows:

UKOG~Will
13th February 2008, 21:34

YAY!!!!! :D :p

And also great to see a large field of 21 drivers! Will definetly become harder to get in the points now, more challenges, I'm liking ;)

steve0302
14th February 2008, 13:43
timecard now resent

I am evil Homer
14th February 2008, 16:27
21 entries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow, lets hope it stays at that level all the way through the season :up:

Rat
14th February 2008, 21:49
Bloody ripper! 21 entries!

jso1985
14th February 2008, 23:02
WARNING! post below this one might be spoilers

Stage-by-stage results can be seen at: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/cmr2wc/files/Rally%20Results/

final results and standings will be published here soon

Juha
14th February 2008, 23:37
7 Juha Suzuki SX4 23:27,26
8 Tannat Suzuki SX4 23:32,80

Now there's teamwork! :D

But it hurts missing out on fifth place by three seconds. :( I actually thought I drove quite fast but it seems there's still a lot of room for improvement. :D

jso1985
14th February 2008, 23:42
that's not the final classification, you're looking at the day 2 stage times :p

jso1985
14th February 2008, 23:54
1.- I am evil Homer Citroën Total Sport 49:53,09
2.- Marcel Haenen ML Motorsports Citroën 49:54,19
3.- Cyborg_hun ML Motorsports Citroën 50:36,52
4.- J.Lindstroem Frozz Motors Europe 51:13,29
5.- Ramore Subaru World Rally Team 51:29,12
6.- NOR Two Basses Team Ford Europe 51:33,21
7.- Juha Suzuki Motorsport 51:38,22
8.- Tannat Suzuki Motorsport 51:48,25
9.- Roy A.RT Ford UK 52:00,11
10.- Jso1985 Citroën Total Sport 52:03,56
11.- Magnus Curtans RallyBase Motorsports 52:59,65
12.- JTLarsen Two Basses Team Ford Europe 53:17,17
13.- Will Subaru World Rally Team 53:37,84
14.- Zes Peugeot Sport Finland 53:39,22
15.- Kabouter Curtans RallyBase Motorsports 53:42,67
16.- Steve0302 ARB Racers 54:03,35
17.- Racer69 A.RT Ford UK 55:09,48
18.- Rat Red Bull Toyota 55:10,38
19.- Tuomo Peugeot Sport Finland 55:38,66
20.- Frozzy Frozz Motors Europe 55:44,24
21.- Pawprint Red Bull Toyota 57:16,40

Drivers Standings
1.- Marcel Haenen 18 points
2.- I Am Evil Homer 16
3.- Juha 10
4.- J.Lindstroem 10
5.- Cyborg_hun 6
6.- Ramore 5
7.- Zes 4
8.- Tannat 4
9.- NOR 3
10.- JTLarsen 2

Teams Standings
1.- ML Motorsports Citroën 24 points
2.- Citroën Total Sport 16
3.- Suzuki Motorsport 14
4.- Frozz Motors Europe 10
5.- Two Basses Team Ford Europe 5
6.- Subaru World Rally Team 5
7.- Peugeot Sport Finland 4

Thanks for participating! see you in Mexico!

UKOG~Will
15th February 2008, 00:40
My god! Won by a whisker by Homer. Nicely done!!!

tannat
15th February 2008, 04:48
Quite a rally. Less than 1 minute covering 4th - 10th :up:

Just happy to be in the points. Good riddance, snow!

Bring on the loose stuff!

Tannat

Pawprint
15th February 2008, 07:23
I'm just glad theres no more snow for another year....

J.Lindstroem
15th February 2008, 07:42
Well, fouth place for me again. A sollid finish, but now i feel ready to step up on the podium! I'm at fourth place in the overall standings also, equal with Juha who is in third so i hope there can be a little fight about who will end up being third in the drivers championship after maxico.

Roy
15th February 2008, 08:07
9th. Most frustrating place to finished. Outside points. Next time better.

Marcel Haenen
15th February 2008, 08:16
Great run evil_homer! Congratulations with the win! Looking at the stage-by-stage results it looks like you were watching my split times closely after the first day ;)

Magnus
15th February 2008, 08:47
Reports from Curtans Rallybase Motorsport tell us of a very depressed Magnus, who once again failed to score any points. It makes it even more painful since it is his home event. According to sources within the team, who wishes to remain anonymous, it has been a great blow for Magnus, and he was seen throwing tools and diffsettings all over the place when he heard the final results. There was no explanation though to how it is possible to throw a diffsetting.

When confronted with his earlier statement that the team is focused on wide drifts and offs without any particular reason and that exciting moments only adds an extra touch to the show, he yelled unprintable words at our source and slammed the door at his face.

Well, within a few days hopefully calm will have returned to Curtans Rallybase Motorsport. The other driver in the team, kabouter, have not expressed any reactions to date, but he is probably not as upset.

Regarding the main sponsors they are reported to be disapointed with Magnus behaviour, but believe that the project will go on anyway, and that he probably will calm down so that the team can focus on the next round, finishes our reporter, Kalle Tuntolej from Tuntolej news somewhere in the middle of Värmland.

kabouter
15th February 2008, 09:13
Second Curtans RallyBase Motorsport driver kabouter managed to say something to the reporter as well, after ducking under some flying diffsettings: "I have never seen Magnus in such a state, obviously his home rally means a lot to him. I am quite happy with my own performance this event. It was my first competitive outing on snow and I managed to set a few decent stage times while keeping the car in one piece. Were it not for the unexplained power less on the opening stages of the second day, I could have finished 13th overall. I hope our sponsors won't pull the plug on the project after Magnus' outburst today and I hope I'll be able to continue improving my performances in the remaining rounds of the season."

NOR
15th February 2008, 09:17
Well, we are happy with our result and first points this season. After problems with setup in Monte, we had very good car in Sweden. A lot of testing hours in Norway and Sweden results in our sixth place. We expected maybe more after winning snow Arctic rally, but the huge entry list with a lot of great drivers in Sweden was hard to beat. Congratulations to winners !!!
Our sponsors are satisfied with the points for teams champ as well. Fifth place looks hopefully before the next races.
Two Basses Ford Team Europe successfully keeps developing the new Focus07 for the rest of season, so the community can expect our presentation before Rally Mexico.

I am evil Homer
15th February 2008, 09:39
Great run evil_homer! Congratulations with the win! Looking at the stage-by-stage results it looks like you were watching my split times closely after the first day ;)

Ha ha Loeb showed me how it's done ;)

I'm so happy...I hoped for a podium as this is my favourite event but a win...wow...didn't really expect that. Citroen 1-2-3 as well :D

tannat
15th February 2008, 15:22
With the organizer's approval (and suitable interest) I am thinking about reviving the recce thread....

The recce thread is an in-between thread for those of us who want to do some in-depth recce for the next rally. rather than waiting for the rally thread to appear in about 10 days, we can go ahead and begin submitting tips, setups, etc to the recce thread so that everyone can improve on their times.

In the past Marcel has been really kind to post videos, and it serves as a good location to discuss techniques for the approaching rally.

As soon as the actual rally thread was posted I would have the recce thread locked by a moderator (Pino is reliable).

You guys let me know. I hit the Kenya stages this AM ;)

Tannat

I am evil Homer
15th February 2008, 16:24
I thought we wouldn't recce the next events stages but could recce others inbetween events?

tannat
15th February 2008, 16:48
I thought we wouldn't recce the next events stages but could recce others inbetween events?

Unless something has changed we've always been allowed free recce..

At least in the past 2.5 years.

I don't have Yahoo group access here at work. If there are limitations for recce it would be stated in the rules.

jso1985 will clear it up, if he's not serving jail time currently :p

Frozzy
15th February 2008, 19:12
Reporter: Martin now the Final classification has been released how do you feel?"
M.F " We're bitterly dissapointed we don't understand where we lost all the time the car felt good and we never made any mistakes i went 100% all the way never backing off."
Reporter: " Your Team Mate has out paced and out cored you on the opening two rounds how do you feel?"
M.F." well for sure but thats to be expected this is our first time in a WRC car and dont really have the experience to set up the car and so we pretty much the bottom team in terms of experience and not to mention we're currently in a '05 Fabia where as there C4's and imprezas that are newer than our skoda."
Reporter :"Next round is Mexico whats your predictions?"
M.F " well our hopes are for better than 15th place but you never know when it comes to rallying."

Magnus
15th February 2008, 20:10
I must say that I find this little game of ours very nice! Hilarious to read some of your comments :) Hope I have the time to continue with it all season, and that you guys also can keep up the good work!
An extra thanks to JSO1985 who seems to put quite an effort into it!

tannat
15th February 2008, 20:32
An extra thanks to JSO1985 who seems to put quite an effort into it!

jso1985 + effort= does not compute :laugh:

Magnus
15th February 2008, 20:36
Then it must be an even bigger effort ;)

Pawprint
15th February 2008, 22:09
Ha ha Loeb showed me how it's done ;)

You mean crashing? :p

I've been quite quiet in service these past events...

Rat
16th February 2008, 00:58
Pawprint, we all crash sometimes. Wait until Marcel does it(we may wait a long time, but he will)It's all part of Rallying. Well done on your snow rally, and yes it not my favourite rally either. I'm glad to get that out of the way..
Well done to the other players, it is a quality field this year.
racer 69, you got me this rally, the next one I'll be in front, I hope...

Pawprint
16th February 2008, 09:16
I mean 'Loeb showing you how its done' and Loeb crashed out I'd the rally!

jso1985
17th February 2008, 18:33

Nope, recce is free.

Tannat you really need to stop smoking crack :p

tannat
17th February 2008, 20:18
Nope, recce is free.

Tannat you really need to stop smoking crack :p

Okay, after this one :s mokin: :p

UKOG~Will
18th February 2008, 07:02
Okay, after this one :s mokin: :p

yeah.. one batch of 5000 ;) :D