PDA

View Full Version : Montagny eyeing full-time drive, another positive thing for 2008

evo5_mat
4th February 2008, 15:09
well from sounds of it looks all positive too me, not sure this mean a 3 car team for Forsythe but atleast it shows drivers wanting to be in the series which i think is a positive thing for sure.

Montagny eyeing full-time drive

By Steven English Monday, February 4th 2008, 11:57 GMT

Franck Montagny is hoping to land a full-time Champ Car drive after topping the first two days of the series' test at Sebring over the weekend.

The former Grand Prix driver has dominated proceedings so far in his first outing with Forsythe/Pettit racing, and wants to stay with the team for the season.

He said: "Considering it was my first time in the car, I'm quite happy. We did everything we wanted to do, I just hope I'll stay in the car for the championship now."

Montagny, who started seven Grands Prix for Super Aguri in 2006 and tested for Toyota last season, has been impressed by the Forsythe squad so far.

"Everybody is very motivated," said the Frenchman. "I was at the factory with the engineers and mechanics and everything was good. You never know until you get in the car but obviously things are going well there too."

Montagny's countryman Franck Perera was another to make a good impression. The 2007 Champ Car Atlantic runner-up finished fourth fastest on each day with Conquest Racing.

Perera said: "I was a bit surprised to be at the top to be honest. It's a new track for me, a new car, and new people to work with. But everybody did a great job and the team is showing its potential.

"It was a tough day physically because I've only tested the car once before, but I should be okay by the end of the test.

The Sebring test concludes with the final session this afternoon.

sanguin
5th February 2008, 00:45
Here's another good article with some quotes from the drivers-

http://www.whowon.com/Results.asp?TrackID=484&StoryID=238936

Cart750hp
5th February 2008, 03:40
sanguin, without the dot com "made-up" reports, CC having Montagny is a good thing. More competitive line-up is good in CC. We'll see how the management would take advantage of this.

sanguin
5th February 2008, 14:19
sanguin, without the dot com "made-up" reports, CC having Montagny is a good thing. More competitive line-up is good in CC. We'll see how the management would take advantage of this.

Good point, but there are some good quotes from the drivers in this article,not made up. Like Tags and how excited he his to be with PKV.

SoCalPVguy
5th February 2008, 17:56
Read that quote again... " hoping to land a full-time Champ Car drive"...

The only way Montagny and Perera land full time rides is to bring a lot of sponsorship to buy th erides with them. This article does not address that situation. There is nothing here that indicates the potential for this to happen other than an eager young drivers "hope".

Old quote.. "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride". Heck, I WOULD like to have a full time CCWS ride, but no pay no play :(

The only postive thing for CCWS is actually getting drivers signed not just wishinga and hoping, so your initial headline is a little premature.

sanguin
5th February 2008, 18:16
Read that quote again... " hoping to land a full-time Champ Car drive"...

Then I guess you missed this -

from Mark C-

"Franck Montagny looks pretty definite at Forsythe Pettit Racing alongside Paul Tracy. We spoke to Montagny who said, "It looks pretty good that I will be racing here this year. I am tired of being a test driver. I want my name on the side of the car, I want to race and I want to win. I don't care if I never go back to F1. I am very impressed with this team. The shop is very good and everyone is very professional."

sanguin
5th February 2008, 19:29
Good pic of Tags from Sebring-

http://66.223.111.192/Images/2008/ChampCar/OffSeason/SebringTest25.jpg

SoCalPVguy
5th February 2008, 19:33
Then I guess you missed this -

from Mark C-

"Franck Montagny looks pretty definite at Forsythe Pettit Racing alongside Paul Tracy. We spoke to Montagny who said, "It looks pretty good that I will be racing here this year. I am tired of being a test driver. I want my name on the side of the car, I want to race and I want to win. I don't care if I never go back to F1. I am very impressed with this team. The shop is very good and everyone is very professional."

Again, there are no facts here. "Looks pretty definite" is not a fact, "looks pretty good" is not a fact. "I want..." is not a fact.

Any anticipation that Montagny will be a FPR signed driver for the entire year is not a fact until an official announcement is made so to quote the late great Judge Lance Ito, "you are assuming facts not yet in evidence".

Most certainly not what you quoted is a fact at this time.

Just a true example for today, our design contract from the City of *** "looked pretty definite", "looked pretty good" in fact, "I wanted" it to be signed by all parties today and "I was very impressed by their team". Whoops, project cancelled. That that was a lot more of a done deal than Mantagny to FPR ever was. Didn't your mother tell you about counting your chickens...