PDA

View Full Version : Gripe

SGWilko
4th February 2008, 10:12
Can someone shed some light on something for me?

Today, I got a 'personal attack' infingemenmt warning. It was deemed that I made a private post to someone, and made a personal comment attacking them.

The only private post I have meade recently was to Pino, asking him what the personal attack was.

Any ideas, anyone, anyone, Bueller? :confused:

Mark
4th February 2008, 10:15
The infraction was for the post not for any PM's if that's what you mean?

SGWilko
4th February 2008, 10:18
OK, thanks for responding, but apparently, my USERCP suggests that the thread was 'Private' so now I have no clue as to what personal attack I am supposed to have made......

Mark
4th February 2008, 10:23
That will be because the post concerned has been deleted. However the full post and details of reason(s) will have been PM'd to you.

If you need further clarification then feel free to contact the moderator concerned, which I believe in this case is Pino.

SGWilko
4th February 2008, 10:28
That will be because the post concerned has been deleted. However the full post and details of reason(s) will have been PM'd to you.

If you need further clarification then feel free to contact the moderator concerned, which I believe in this case is Pino.

Sorry, but nope, that's not the case.

Pino sent me a PM, with a link to the thread, but clearly, as the post is deleted, I can't see it!!!

I have, I can assure you, posted nothing personal or offensive, but now, I cannot prove this. There is only reference that I have received an infraction, that it was a 'personal attack'. and I've got three points......

:confused:

pino
4th February 2008, 14:07
Sorry, but nope, that's not the case.

Pino sent me a PM, with a link to the thread, but clearly, as the post is deleted, I can't see it!!!

I have, I can assure you, posted nothing personal or offensive, but now, I cannot prove this. There is only reference that I have received an infraction, that it was a 'personal attack'. and I've got three points......

:confused:

You've received an infraction for replying "Grow Up" to a fellow member, and that in my book is a personal attack...which is not allowed in here !

SGWilko
4th February 2008, 14:10
Well, it's a sad day for society when 'grow up' is a personal attack.

pino
4th February 2008, 14:21
Well, it's a sad day for society when 'grow up' is a personal attack.

I suggest you go and read this (http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118382) thread once again ;)

SGWilko
4th February 2008, 14:44
that in my book is a personal attack...

It's not a personal attack in my book.

Please, enlighten me why and how 'grow up' is a personal attack? I think I am owed the courtesy of a full explanation.

ShiftingGears
5th February 2008, 11:26
It's obviously not a personal attack. It's a way of expressing your opinion that something that someone has said is immature and childish in nature. So grow up and stop handing out infractions for poor reasons ;)

Knock-on
26th August 2008, 13:40
It's obviously not a personal attack. It's a way of expressing your opinion that something that someone has said is immature and childish in nature. So grow up and stop handing out infractions for poor reasons ;)

I tend to pick up the occasional point or 2 ;) for getting annoyed with people.

How come Trolling is tolerated and yet when I point out (for example) someone is lying, then I end up on the receiving end of the Mods wrath :laugh:

Come on Mods, you either stop people lying or allow people to defend themselves when they are slandered on the forum.

Today for example, i have been called an "arrogant twit" and "high and mighty".

I don't see that asking someone to "grow up" is any worse than these insults.

Similarly, if I asked someone to stop acting so immature, would I be penalised even though it a perfectly justified comment to someone that is acting like a child?

I wish there was a lot more transparency over these infractions.

Why, for example, can't we see when someone has received an infraction and for what for. Surely it's not privileged information and would allow people to avoid making the same mistake.

pino
26th August 2008, 13:45
Knockie, go and read again the post where someone called you a "twit" you will find a red card under the post (that means the poster has recieved a penalty).

janneppi
26th August 2008, 14:49
How come Trolling is tolerated and yet when I point out (for example) someone is lying, then I end up on the receiving end of the Mods wrath :laugh:

http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118382

I'm sure you are already aware of the thread http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118382
and it's post #3 which has adresses your complaint. :)

If your feelings are genuinely hurt, report the post. Don't be a moron and respond in kind. That will only get you too in trouble.

One thing more, could you pm me the infraction you've been given an infraction for point out (for example) someone is lying, I can't seem to find one in the infraction achives .?

Knock-on
23rd September 2008, 18:50
[url]
If your feelings are genuinely hurt, report the post. Don't be a moron and respond in kind. That will only get you too in trouble.

One thing more, could you pm me the infraction you've been given an infraction for point out (for example) someone is lying, I can't seem to find one in the infraction achives .?

There you go jumping to conclusions again. ;) I never said I had received an infraction but Pino might confirm I've incurred his wrath on occassions. (and a hopping mad, vertically challenged Pizza tosser isn't to be messed with)

It takes quite a bit to hurt my feelings and some little "so and so" writing a few insults on a forum isn't likely to bother me.

However, it doesn't change the fact that they are insults. :D

BTW, if someone is being a moron, is it acceptable to point it out as it seems to be different to asking someone who is being childish to "Grow Up" ;)