PDA

View Full Version : Computers, Hardwares and softwares thread

Valve Bounce
4th February 2008, 00:03
Sorry to restart this thread but the old one seems to have gone - I couldn't find it. :(

How do I adjust which programs I want on my start menu ? At present, when I reboot my PC, too many programs start up and I have to exit them.

Thanks.

Mp3 Astra
4th February 2008, 00:19
If you're using XP, find the "Run" program, and run "MSconfig". Or just search for MS config, I think. If you're using Vista, search for "config" on the start menu search bar. In MS config you should find a "startup" tab. You can tick and untick services as you wish. Be warned, disabling some programs could cause problems, if they are important Microsoft processes.

Valve Bounce
4th February 2008, 01:05
If you're using XP, find the "Run" program, and run "MSconfig". Or just search for MS config, I think. If you're using Vista, search for "config" on the start menu search bar. In MS config you should find a "startup" tab. You can tick and untick services as you wish. Be warned, disabling some programs could cause problems, if they are important Microsoft processes.

I just want to disable the Messenger and some other stuff that I have to keep disabling as the PC loads.

Mp3 Astra
4th February 2008, 22:52
You can use MSconfig to do that. Messenger can be disabled from within. Tools>Options>General>Untick "Automatically run messenger when I log onto Windows"

Valve Bounce
6th February 2008, 22:17
Hey guys!! this is just about the sexiest PC I have ever seen. Is this good value or what?

http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/xpsdt_420?c=au&cs=audhs1&l=en&s=dhs

Mp3 Astra
6th February 2008, 23:25
So... uh... did you manage to solve your problem?

Valve Bounce
7th February 2008, 02:54
So... uh... did you manage to solve your problem?

Well. yes and no!! I did get rid of a couple of programs which I didn't wnt started - so yes!!

But then I tried to stop Messenger from starting up, but can't seem to be able to.

But yeah!! thanks for your help.

I think when my PC eventually conks out, I'll get the one shown above or its upgrade.