PDA

View Full Version : What do you think??

Mike_Drummer
3rd February 2008, 23:20
i say brilliant entertainment...just imagine the VSR's getting in the mix aswell
could this be 2008 V8 trophy...speed car serires UK?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53PBnLUf3K8&feature=related

mike

kjb
4th February 2008, 06:38
looked very entertaining to me, so much for the ex F1 drivers eh! bring it on i say!

kjb
4th February 2008, 06:40
p.s by by pick ups, see you around possibly next year!!

fastbob
4th February 2008, 09:43
Would be nice to see spec of cars as web site is a bit vague. Then it would give us an idea of what our cars are gonna do on circuits. The comparison is obvious, but how compatible are the cars! They seem to have 620 hp cars handling circuits to a fair degree.

" Chassis- Made and designed by Speedcar Series, the Speedcar stock car chassis are made of fibreglass and metal bodywork material."

Are they saying chassis is fibreglass and body is metal!!!!!!!???

?? Not sure what it's got to do with pick ups though Kev!!??

Nick Brad
4th February 2008, 11:07
Wasn't Villeneuve supposed to be one of their leading signings? Wonder what he has planned for now? ;)

Maybe they should change the name to Deathcar series with those specs, eh Bob? :laugh:

darknessrock
4th February 2008, 11:53
Nice to see the yellow car running so well,,.... Did you have a good holiday Rob???? :) :) :) :)

JovialJooles
4th February 2008, 12:02
Wasn't Villeneuve supposed to be one of their leading signings? Wonder what he has planned for now? ;)

Trying to secure enough funding to run a full Sprint Cup season. :)

car20
4th February 2008, 12:07
WOW looks good !

yup add in the vsr's and its' going to get a bit FUN!

looks like i can get to mallory and 2nd brands meeting ... where is best vantage point for spectating as i have been too niether

looking forward to new season

Dave17
4th February 2008, 15:08
looks like i can get to mallory and 2nd brands meeting ... where is best vantage point for spectating as i have been too niether

Brands-Top/bottom of Paddock Hill or Paddock Hill Grandstand if you want to sit.

Mallory- Start/finish straight, high up nearer to Devils Elbow. You'll be able to see most of the track now the trees have gone. Or the Hairpin.

kjb
4th February 2008, 18:03
(pick ups) sorry bob i was just out of my bed mate! not quite with what thread i was on!!

english4ever
4th February 2008, 18:04
Would be nice to see spec of cars as web site is a bit vague. Then it would give us an idea of what our cars are gonna do on circuits. The comparison is obvious, but how compatible are the cars! They seem to have 620 hp cars handling circuits to a fair degree.

" Chassis- Made and designed by Speedcar Series, the Speedcar stock car chassis are made of fibreglass and metal bodywork material."

Are they saying chassis is fibreglass and body is metal!!!!!!!???

?? Not sure what it's got to do with pick ups though Kev!!??

They brought the cars from America, they were exported out to Dubai where they held them for a while, teams rent the cars off the overall owners of them. they got 24-26 cars over there. they done a whole load of testing out in America before going to Dubai with them. There was Jakata or how you spell it and Sepang in their diary.

Mike_Drummer
4th February 2008, 19:29
i was thining...with cadwell...isnt that quite a slim track, it will be fun seeing the V8's on that :D :D :D so how well with the V8's fair wth the other VSR classes?

mike

JovialJooles
4th February 2008, 21:41
i was thining...

Wish I was :p

Yung
4th February 2008, 23:09
So I guess lots of front wheel lock ups...... rear wheels spinning..... and body damage??

Nick Brad
4th February 2008, 23:32
Yung, I hope you're going to be helping us out at Pembrey with a spanner in your hand. If there's any damage, it's your responsibility lol.

JovialJooles
4th February 2008, 23:35
So I guess lots of front wheel lock ups...... rear wheels spinning..... and body damage??

Sounds like Pierluigi Martini in his early F1 days. :p

Yung
5th February 2008, 17:44
Not a spanner..... a CAMERA! :D I'll help you guys have a photographic memory of racing in Wales! :D :D :D

Henry Cutts
5th February 2008, 19:44
Not a spanner..... a CAMERA! :D I'll help you guys have a photographic memory of racing in Wales! :D :D :D

Can you remember how to use a spanner?

Yung
7th February 2008, 19:24
Remind me! :D

pickup
7th February 2008, 22:04
Remind me! :D

You put the tea bag in the cup add boiling water allow to brew...............oh sorry i was dreaming, you said how to use a spanner!

Nick Brad
8th February 2008, 01:14
Richard Novell's already taught him that part. He also knows how to take a few hrs dismantling wheels and putting them back together ;)

Yung
9th February 2008, 23:33
How come you keep forgetting the IMPORTANT things??? Its when the whole team consists of 4 people including me and I started it before qualifying and didn't finish it in time.... so i finished it after qualifying. And also had to do it twice too so took 3 hours altogether INCLUDING the time stopped for qualifying. :P

Nick Brad
10th February 2008, 06:54
Exactly how many bolts are there on a pickup wheel holding the two parts together? :laugh:

pickup
10th February 2008, 17:32
Exactly how many bolts are there on a pickup wheel holding the two parts together? :laugh:

And nuts!

Yung
11th February 2008, 01:16
Too many to count! :D

JDPower
11th February 2008, 01:27
i say brilliant entertainment...just imagine the VSR's getting in the mix aswell
could this be 2008 V8 trophy...speed car serires UK?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53PBnLUf3K8&feature=related
Something looks not quite right about them cars, can't quite put my finger on it but I think its cos they're so high up of the ground and seem quite softly sprung. Makes them look a bit like a normal car with a NASCAR body shell on top :erm: