PDA

View Full Version : Tarmac rally in Europe for a WRC car

martinG44
3rd February 2008, 21:11
What it says on the tin...........

Im looking for a tarmac rally in Europe to enter in a WRC car with an Irish driver who just wants to do a good rally and have planty of craic.

Has anyone any suggestions as to what we should consider?

thanks
MB

PLuto
3rd February 2008, 21:21

Im looking for a tarmac rally in Europe to enter in a WRC car with an Irish driver who just wants to do a good rally and have planty of craic.

thanks
MB

Best tarmac rally in Europe? So I can recommend him Tour de Corse...

PLuto
3rd February 2008, 21:29
From Czech republic, I can recommend him Rallysprint Kopna. It is about 80 kms of stages, but it is celebration of rally in our country. Good competition on hard stages of Barum rally.

Wim_Impreza
3rd February 2008, 21:36
From Belgium, the East Belgian Rally in the third weekend of March and the Rallye du Condoz in November have good stages. The East Belgian has already 3 WRC's (Hubert Deferm in Impreza WRC S10, Yannick Bodson in Impreza WRC S5 and Melissa Debackere in Corolla WRC) and the Condroz will have more, as it counts for the Euro Rally Trophy.

SubaruNorway
3rd February 2008, 22:14
Rally larvik in Norway
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/6c50ed59-ed4a-43f9-a902-99a40165ea8e.htm

Runs september 6 and is a part of the norwegian championship
http://www.norsk-rally.com/modules/module_123/proxy.aspx?D=2&C=11&I=4962

pucky54
3rd February 2008, 23:19
Rallye Sulingen in Germany

Very nice tarmac run with 5 % of gravel in the north of Germany.

http://rallye-sulingen.de/

MartijnS
3rd February 2008, 23:31
He should come to the Netherlands, lots of other WRC Cars to compete against!

martinG44
4th February 2008, 06:00
Thank you, Corsica is possibly the best tarmac, but what I am trying to find is something easy to get to from UK & IRL and with plenty of partying afterwards, Belgium or France were what I had initially thought of.

4th February 2008, 14:02

thanks
MB

There are some very good rallies in Italian Tarmac Trophy...

Rally della Valle d'Aosta
Rally della Marca
Rally Appennino Reggiano
Rally San Martino di Castrozza
and for partying....
Rally Oltrepo Pavese for sure

urabus-denoS2000
4th February 2008, 15:18
I would reccomend Rally della Marca.Lots of competition and beautiful stages

-Erik
4th February 2008, 19:01

thanks
MB

Martin,

Most popular European rally for Irish drivers is the Hellendoorn Rally 19/20 September in Holland (also known as Golden Tulip Rally), 6th round of the dutch championship. Very good organisation. 100.000+ spectators.
Some years they have 10+ irish entries. Some names from recent years: Paddy White, Cathal Arthurs, Tom Holton, James Foley, Ollie O`Donovan, Barry Coleman, Dessie Keenan, Thomas Lawless, Gordon Coleman, Derek Jobb, Gene Meegan, etc..)

Another option is the Tank S Rally 14/15 march in Emmeloord, first round of the dutch championship.

Why Holland?

- "close" to Ireland
- proffesional organisation
- huge crowds
- very good conditions for foreign competitors
- 15 / 20 WRC`s in Hellendoorn and Tank S.
- a lot of fun!

In 2008 Paddy White is doing both rallies. Perhaps you could ask him for more info.

urabus-denoS2000
4th February 2008, 20:47
Yes Holland is probably the nest choise because they have great competition and drivers