Filray
2nd February 2008, 01:57
News and race dates information for 2008

http://www.v8trophy.com/

Regards
Ray

Yung
2nd February 2008, 02:36
On 6th/7th September........ is it Pembury or PEMBREY?????????????

:arrows:

kjb
2nd February 2008, 06:47
yes its pembrey, and yung dont forget to change your sig to "formaly known as unofficial photographer of the V8's" but mind you your nearer pembry than most i guess?

Dave17
2nd February 2008, 08:41
I'll be doing just the one then, 28 Sep ... Mallory ....same day as Pickups at the rock....should split the loyalties nicely!

Cadwell should be a laugh....if two cars go side by side both of them will have two wheels on the grass!!!!!

Abo
2nd February 2008, 09:15
National B! Nick, you up for it then?

Abo
2nd February 2008, 09:18
Mallory... You going to run the oval? You know you want to ;)

Al_Green
2nd February 2008, 09:24
The dates don't fit in anywhere for me either with work and other meetings that were more organised and released their dates earlier and that I want to do more, so that's me away for now.

Have fun.

Al.

Nick Brad
2nd February 2008, 09:42
National B! Nick, you up for it then?

I'm going to be feverishly working to secure 2 sponsors now, if I land at least one i'll want the wee man's number so I can do a deal to put his car on the track.

I shalln't be able to attend two of those meetings though, (maybe 3 if I don't sort a bloody passport out,) as brands is one track I really hate. I do see the reasoning for going there though and I hope it shows our cars off in a good light.

Jordygirl
2nd February 2008, 10:44
:s Problems, problems, problems, where do I go, what do I do.... too many dates clash with other meetings I'm already committed to as a marshal !!!!! Looks like I might have to make the journey to Snetterton to get my V8 fix. ;)

Sticker Rub
2nd February 2008, 12:05
Looks like the November meeting at Snetterton is the only one that doesn't clash with anything I've already volunteered for. :(

Most marshals have their season booked up by now so it's a shame the timing hasn't worked out.

uskram
2nd February 2008, 12:29
I've been browsing this forum for many years and attending Rockingham ever since it opened but after yesterdays announcement I'm afraid I'm going to have to get my kicks elsewhere. Don't get me wrong here, I hope for everyone who is involved with ASCAR, especially Duane, that it carries on and prospers, but for me and probably many others it was the V8's rumbling around Rockingham or any banked oval, that did it for me! The pick-ups are good to watch, but the sound is wrong (busy bees) and with no Oval event in the calender this season, I'm going to have to get my fix on Setanta.

ASCAR24/7/365.5
2nd February 2008, 13:37
WOW,...i for one are very impressed, i want to saya huge well done to everyone involved, i dont know if i will be able to get to any meetings this year, but i will try my best but which ever way all the best!...of course its somewhat ironic that ascar i joining the series that was essentially the origional version of ascar in the form of eurocars. i cant wait to see this pack of cars on teh track it will make a very interesting mix indeed...WELL DONE TO ALL!

ASCAR24/7/365.5
2nd February 2008, 13:38
ps....scsa cars around cadwelll....its what wet dreams are made of!...sends shivers down my spine

foxystoat
2nd February 2008, 14:32
Think it may be game over for me watching the V8's aswell. I may make Mallory but not sure.These dates would be ok if there was a couple at Rockingham aswell but these cars should be running on the Oval as everyone knows.
Around the other tracks Touring car racing would be a better spectacle as they will be nimbler & with lots more cars so no real point in making the effort to go.

Such a shame lets just hope you can keep going this year & common sense between you guys & Rockingham prevails in 2009.

racing59
2nd February 2008, 15:56
ps....scsa cars around cadwelll....its what wet dreams are made of!...sends shivers down my spine

Yes, I expect it to rain, and be cold. It is Cadwell after all.

english4ever
2nd February 2008, 16:34
Woooooo Hoooooo Lets Go Racing Boys!!!!!!!

Speedworx
2nd February 2008, 16:49
It was nice while it lasted. The series is officially dead as far as I'm concerned.

RIP 2001-2007

darknessrock
2nd February 2008, 16:58
It was nice while it lasted. The series is officially dead as far as I'm concerned.

RIP 2001-2007

Bye then speedworx... I'll be there, I'll even take a friend to make up your place.

car20
2nd February 2008, 17:01
looks like the boys have found a way to get grids up then... interesting season in store ...too many things to think about how season is going to pan out.. but i as many other fans hope that this could only help build and bring the v8 trophy back to a stand alone championship with an added oval along with the calender that has been produced which is good by the way...

GOING down to a B licence is a brave move but if it is cost effective as has been stated then wow EVEN i might be interested, better to drive v8 than an UNO or MR2

IT IS pointless to ponder about ovals at this point time, being away from rockingham can only be good! if they want the v8 trophy they will go back! 2009 who knows but lets just look to 2008, IT has always been a thing about people talking about the Ascars and where they should be racing we have only learn't to walk let along run

Abo
2nd February 2008, 17:27
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VSR_v8_trophy

I've updated the entry a bit. I'm sure someone could add to it

PitMarshal
2nd February 2008, 18:14
Looks I'm out as well. The only one of those tracks that is anywhere near a reasonable driving distance is Brands, and I'm not doing either of those meetings.

I'm also afraid that I have to agree with Speedworx comments. While this calendar is better than the first version, IMO the VSR's have been pitiful for the last couple of seasons, and I can't see this 'merger' being anything other than a disaster. Sorry guys.

acorn
2nd February 2008, 18:51
firstly, i commend the efforts of everyone concerned to keep the series alive.

secondly, i have been absent from rockingham(and every other racetrack or social event )for the last 2 years due to ill health and, while i am making slow progress, the move to road courses will unfortunately not move me to conquer the final hurdle and actual get out to a racetrack soon.

i hate multi class racing with a passion as all it says to me is "we have insufficient interest in each of the classes to get a worthwhile grid". i will not spectate at most road courses as they offer poor value for money for the spectator in that the cars are normally out of site for over 50% of the lap.

"But I now believe THE DECISION NOT TO ALLOW US TO RUN ON THE OVAL this year had been made before the final event, so that is that, a sad loss”

who made the decision, rockingham or the brscc or some other party?

i also find it rather ironic that the v8 trophy racing 2008 videos are.... from an oval, the place where you're not wanted(other than by the spectators).

to close, i hope for all concerned that the decision to join forces with the vsrs will drag all the old v6(and v8?) eurocars and ascars out of the black holes where they're hiding and that EVENTUALLY rockingham's oval will once again echo to the sound of a full field of v8s at full chat.

Gasman#99
2nd February 2008, 18:54

RIP 2001-2007
go f@#$£*? play at rockingham then speedworx, theres plenty of people out there trying there hardest to keep a series running, would all the negative people on the forum prefer all the drivers/owners in scsa to just get rid of the cars and not race, or try there hardest to entertain the crowds.
If you had seen duane lately, you would see he has pulled all his hair out trying to make this work-and he didnt have much allready. so goodbye.

Speedworx
2nd February 2008, 19:06
This has always (and will always be) an oval series. NOT a road racing series. I have no interest in watching these cars get strung out round a road course with no passing. Its going to be a BIG plate.

Remember, Gavin Wills raced the Rockingham roval in an SCSA car and got wheel spin in 2nd gear!

Theres better series for me to spend my money on to go and watch.

Duane
2nd February 2008, 19:11
ok, calm down gasman#99, everyones entitled to their oppinion and we would all love to carry on racing on the oval.
the last few weeks working all this out with John Clark from the VSR's has made me realise there can be life out there, it has renewed my faith in non oval people.

the remarks so far dont suprise me, its upto us to prove them wrong.

Duane

Dave17
2nd February 2008, 19:31
Best of luck Duane (and all the rest) but history shows that once a class is merged into another series (as Acorn has said, it means "we have insufficient interest in each of the classes to get a worthwhile grid") it is the begining of the end.

Duane
2nd February 2008, 19:58
i would normally agree with the merging of grids but we are not merging due to lack of interest in our series !!!!

but if were not to do it ??????

and Mallory will be on the full course, not the oval and yes i realy wanted to !!!!

Duane

Tiesse
2nd February 2008, 20:08
ok, calm down gasman#99, everyones entitled to their oppinion and we would all love to carry on racing on the oval.

I was just reading through this thread & was about to put my message & Duane beat me to it.

Everyone (be they the die hard supporters or those directly involved with the teams) is entitled to an opinion.

I am as frustrated as anyone that the V8s will not be at Rockingham this season, but life goes on!

You don't make an omlette without breaking some eggs, however I do feel the fans are the eggs in this case. That said, from the comments of those 'in the know' & without the benefit of anyone daring to make an official statement why, it appears the decision not to race at Rockingham was out of the V8 guys' control.

I doubt that I shall be going to any of the V8 race dates this year, however I hope it is a successful one & I hope to see the CHAMPIONSHIP return to Rockingham in 2009 (keeping my fingers crossed).

One question though, does this all mean that the Silverstone night racing & Santa Pod have now been shelved?

bravheart
2nd February 2008, 20:19
Best of luck Duane (and all the rest) but history shows that once a class is merged into another series (as Acorn has said, it means "we have insufficient interest in each of the classes to get a worthwhile grid") it is the begining of the end.

Not always! take a look at Euro Boss, In the late 90's It ran 3 classes, Master Class for Pre 89 Cars, Formula 3000 class and F1 cars built from 89 onwards. Now its made up of over 90% of late 90's Formula 1 Machines and is far from dead.

We know what we are up against, to keep th V8 Trophy alive and growing, we must make the V8's as appealing as we can to both spectators and other Race drivers!! 1 thing is for sure, there is allot of passion behind the scene to make it work!

All of us at V8 Trophy have a Dream! and you have to have a dream to make a dream come True!!!

car20
2nd February 2008, 21:01
As a fan (and not blinkered) i have in the past posted questions that i found strange in what has been said and the goings on in the series and the way things have panned out over the past 2-3 years.

but you have to look at it from both sets of perspectives from a fan yes it feels down (I know I am)we all have thoughts about how it has gone i will miss like everyone the oval but life is harsh and you get on with it...

but from a driver or owner are you going to put your car in the garage and let it rust?????

no you go out and look at how you can keep your asset going ,,,Team network bought a second car last year and i don't think that carl or rob have joined to let it rust.... yes they can enter some other series that the v8 cars can get into but at least this way they are racing other v8's

some will like that some won't ???

as for going to watch i don't know what i am doing past march. the job i have work's on a 3 month shift rota.

Gasman#99
2nd February 2008, 22:24
the last few weeks working all this out with John Clark from the VSR's has made me realise there can be life out there, it has renewed my faith in non oval people.

the remarks so far dont suprise me, its upto us to prove them wrong.

Duane
No sorry duane i wont, i for one have been moaned at and called things on this forum for one thing or another in the past, and as a spectator in the early days and on a team i feel you cant win what ever you try to do. There are too many people out there that look on it as a negative instead of something it can be in the future to make it great. Ive had enough for one i dont know about you. I feel like jacking it in before it gets going, or the time and effort put in behind the scenes for these comments, is it worth it? i feel not.....

shuz7
2nd February 2008, 22:27
Well done DUANE for all your hard work in keeping us going. I'm glad I persuaded (not much) Rob to join.....

Old Stock Nut
2nd February 2008, 22:38
I started watching the Ascars at Rockingham because they made a superb noise going round the oval, the racing was great in the early days, the facility was unbelievably better than anything anywhere in this country, the access to the drivers cars and teams was superbly inclusive and it was taking my sort of motor racing beyond the petrol head world into the type of family event that I had enjoyed so much in the USA. But due to a whole load of reasons, nobody has been able to sustain the losses for long enough for it to be successful as a business in this rather strange country we live in. Some people saw it as a threat to their beloved "let's put our caps on and drive our posh sports cars for fun" brigade and others who were running a massive sponsor-funded multi-million dollar business that must be protected from anything resembling competition for fear of losing their millions. We fell into the vacuum in the middle.

We now cannot race the cars at their "home" for a while, but we can keep the dream alive a bit longer in the hope that we can get it back. We have lost the superb venue we had and we may well lose some of the family entertainment element for a while, and the cars will be a bit slower and less noisy but we must keep some of the things that made this series so different and keep it alive in a way that it can burst out in a while, strong enough to stand on it's own feet. We must keep the access to the cars and drivers and remember that they are the people who we have got to get enthused enough to start attracting the sponsors who can see further than their petrol-induced stupor.

Duane's extremely hard efforts have now set us up with hope. The new series might just be big enough to regain some of the support that we lost as the races got more and more farcical in recent year and the seed-money ran out. The changes to the rules may well induce a lot more people to try their luck driving in these cars and learn just how much fun they can be. They might then get the itch to try them out on the big-boys circuit again! The season costs and rule changes are going to keep everything reasonable enough for lots of cars to come out of the cobwebs and get racing again. I assume that there might even be a distant possibility that there could be a TV deal. At least then those of us who cannot traipse around the country watching could then keep up with the series and see how our favourite cars and drivers are doing. That is after all how NASCAR works across the pond - only the teams and cars move around to all of the tracks - very few if any supporters go round the whole circus with them as fans! I can only make one NASCAR race a season, but I tune in every week to follow my favourite driver wherever they happen to be driving that week, oval or road course.

Maybe this is how big-oval racing should have started here, by getting a load of people enjoying racing that spectators want to see and get up close to, get some TV coverage (that will be easier with the move to wet-weather trim because timings can be held much easier for schedules) and get some wider interest around the country and in Europe. Maybe this could even develop into a feeder series for the big ovals in future and then expand back “home” when the series is strong enough to start making the Rock miss us so much that they demand that we come back on our terms as a self-supporting entertainment medium that they cannot afford to turn down.

I will not be able to go round to all of the meetings, like many others, but I still want to be able to see this entertainment when and where I can (note I don't call it a sport). I want to see it grow into something that becomes as large as it deserves to. So those of you who also cannot get round to all or even any of the races should continue to support it and help in whatever way you can to make it great - eventually. Stop just being negative and selfish just because we cannot find anyone in either Russia or Dubai with billions to fund our playtime. Give Duane and the guys a break. Let’s see how it goes this year and maybe, just maybe, we have begun the hard road back up to success.

Brian

racing59
2nd February 2008, 23:08
I would like to thank everyone who has supported the...
ASCAR series in 2001/2
Days of Thunder in 2003/4
SCSA in 2005/6
V8 Trophy in 2007.

Here's to a new world in 2008 and onwards.

What you have to understand is that there are dark forces who want to see our series dead. I won't point fingers because I'm not 100% sure of who to point them at, and before anyone starts - it won't be at Mr Howard. SHP have a vested interest in our series. For his own to survive, it needs a strong partner on the oval, and in 2006/7 it wasn't US.

Let's rebuild, let's recover, let's get those other 10+ cars out of the weeds onto the track, wheelspinning in 2nd' gear coming out of the corner, navigating out of the side-windows, wowwing the crowds, bringing them closer to the action in true V8 Trophy style.

I'm looking forward to Cadwell. It's one of my favourite circuits, and I'm not scared of it like some namby pamby touring car pilots are.

And Lydden - it's like driving on an oval - no rest, relentless, so we'll be at home! The best bacon butties at ANY UK circuit, and great viewing from the east bank, or the top of hairy hill.

It's a real shame that we're not going to Oulton, and that would HAVE to be on the full circuit - no short measures are accepted. Again, hairy fairy Touring Car drivers don't have the b*lls for it these days. Yet they will always grab a chance to race at the Nordschlieffe!

As for my car going rusty.... that's only the un-painted welding from September! Good job!

As a road course person previously, I have no qualms about this season. I will help my fellow drivers as much as I can to get used to turning right and left in the same lap, just as they helped me "turn left, then left again".

Speedworx - should you wish to come and see us on our road course odyssey, you'll always be welcome in the RCR/Team Air Ambulance pit area.

I don't expect us to be strung out over the road course. VSR rules are reverse grids.

To answer our old friend PitMarshal, VSR grids have been low in the last couple of years, but they were ALL the 2L Super Silhouette cars. When John Clarke annouced he would re-introduce the V6 and V8 cars, the 2L boys weren't too happy, though the V6 & V8 owners were!
Most of our fellow competitors will be V6 & V8 runners, only a few 2L cars are expected to join us - the rest of them (so I am told) are more interested in running their own destiny (they want to win races overall themselves, not be part of a multi-class setup where they will probably never see the chequered flag first - except maybe for Lydden, and an outside chance at Brands).
I'll be good to see the V6's and "Coupes" back out. Most of them have been mothballed since they were taken out of the VSR series.

Rob.

Yung
3rd February 2008, 00:27
yes its pembrey, and yung dont forget to change your sig to "formaly known as unofficial photographer of the V8's" but mind you your nearer pembrEEEEEEy than most i guess?

Green Green Green if the date stays. :D :D :D

Yung
3rd February 2008, 00:31
Yes, I expect it to rain, and be cold. It is Cadwell after all.

Same goes for Pembrey..... it is by the coast where the prevailing winds hits first in the UK! :p

jeffmr2
3rd February 2008, 11:44
Congratulations to all of you who have worked so hard in saving our beloved series,it all sounds very exciting.Hope the usual negativity of this forum doesnt put you all off.I'll definately be going to Pembrey its less than an hour away thanks guys :) :) and Mallory.Hopefully i can persuade some of my mates into coming down and taking a look.Wouldnt it be great if we can get a bigger crowd at mallory than at the rock with the pick ups.
Its a shame theres not an oval race but i'm off to california and then vegas in 3 weeks so i'll get my fix then :)

Sticker Rub
3rd February 2008, 12:11

RIP 2001-2007

Choosing to stay exclusive to the ovals in 2008 = dead series forever

Accepting the series needs to race elsewhere = a series for 2008 with the prospect of return to the ovals in the furture

Why can't people take off their purist blinkers & accept compromises which are designed to save the series & return to championship status? I'm disappointed I won't get my fix of the V8s round the oval this season but let's face it, they weren't that great a spectacle in 2006/2007. The move to Nat B will open the door for more drivers & let's look forward to growing (or should that be growling?) grids of V8s over the next couple of years & an eventual return to the oval.

One question: when the ASCARs return to the oval, can they still run as Nat B if they stay in 2008 spec?

Nick Brad
3rd February 2008, 12:55
One question: when the ASCARs return to the oval, can they still run as Nat B if they stay in 2008 spec?

Not sure on that one as part of the reason for being Nat A was because of the "single class", but I can't see why not. Having said that, if we generate enough interest this year from both new drivers and current Eurocar owners, then they'll all be eligible for Nat A licences anyway from next year and beyond! :D

O/T, Boss, (not you Rob, I mean the real boss,) is there any of those calenders left, I'd like to order a spare 1 to put the race dates in without mucking up my main 1 which is being kept in immaculate condition.

Chigley
3rd February 2008, 14:52
Well as a marshal I can never see the logic behind rushing to get availabilities in so early in the year, I always wait, and am still waiting to see which championships are going to what circuit, with which club, on which date. The circuit season doesn't start until March and then not properly until April so why the rush? you can still put your availabilities in bit by bit until you know all the details and actually finalise your calendar.

Now I know a lot more about what is going on I'll start fleshing out my marshalling year. Yes some things have been pencilled in, the GP, all the Rockingham dates, some PuT meetings but most are subject to amendment.

As a wise man once said to me "don't leap till you know what you'll be landing in"

:)

Mike_Drummer
3rd February 2008, 15:30
hell yes!!! brilliant results, gonna be good to see how the V8's matchup to others, congratulations everyone involved :) good luck to you all, i'll be at cadwell for defo, more if i can. dead excied now!!!!!

mike

Speedworx
3rd February 2008, 18:50
Speedworx - should you wish to come and see us on our road course odyssey, you'll always be welcome in the RCR/Team Air Ambulance pit area.

Sorry Rob. The only track anywhere near me is Mallory and thats Pick Ups @ Rockingham weekend.

None of the other dates are viable.

Nick Brad
3rd February 2008, 20:25
Ok Simon, i'll make you another offer, make your way to Peterborough and i'll pick you up and transport you to an event, (baring the Brands meetings as I'm undecided about attending those atm).

Chigley
3rd February 2008, 20:50
What is the turning circle of a V8?

A few years ago at Croix the XJS championship were 3 point turning the final hairpin to get onto the start finish straight until they mastered the knack of power sliding round it. Croix's hairpin is tighter than Mallory by some margin.

I'm surmising that a XJS has a better turning circle than a V8.?

:)

english4ever
3rd February 2008, 21:09
They'll get round with a bit of pushing and shoving from the other cars behind!!!! ha ha ha!! I'm not sure what the turning circle is but moving them around in tight circles aint easy!! we managed to turn okish on flat ground at the runway in Abingdon that was quite sharp turning, but that was 2 wide and single file most of the time and not racing just a demonstration! It'll be fun to watch and very different scenery which i'm quite looking forward to.

racing59
4th February 2008, 05:27
From the Gerry Marshall book of driving things with more power than grip:

Hairpins: Point with round wheely thing in front of driver. Steer with right foot. Navigate via side window.

Nick - the calendars are still available from Lulu.com - we don't keep any, they print them as required.

Rob.

Nick Brad
4th February 2008, 11:03
Cheers Rob, (underboss lol,) i'll order 1 or maybe even 2 more at the end of the week.

Dave17
4th February 2008, 15:12
From the Gerry Marshall book of driving things with more power than grip:

Hairpins: Point with round wheely thing in front of driver. Steer with right foot. Navigate via side window.

Ah, my hero and what a master he was at his trade!

inamo
4th February 2008, 21:23
Good luck to you all, you've a massive task ahead of you. Hope you now have enough funds to go testing and get the cars and drivers adapted to circuit racing and the new tyres.

racing59
4th February 2008, 21:58
Funds? Funds? What are they?

We are looking to test at Snetterton sometime before the first meeting to check the brake performance with ducting installed. Without it, they are dire after a few laps, or even corners!

Rob.

english4ever
7th February 2008, 18:06
I'll break the ice then as no ones posting!!! Was a good write up this week in Motorsport News and Autosport about the racing this year!!

Mike_Drummer
7th February 2008, 18:44
yes i agree was very positive, and good publicity for the series, so all the cars V8's/Saloons/super sillouette are going to have the BHP? im really looking forward to seeing the racing, would be good if it was televised, or t least recorded, would be good to put like a vid on the website or youtube or sumtin, to keep fans up to date???

mike

Nick Brad
7th February 2008, 19:07
Cheers for the heads up guys, i'll have to go out and purchase them both. I never normally so much as glance at them any more in the shops, but I shall this week to show that there is interest in seeing our series covered in the press.

Gasman#99
7th February 2008, 20:40
even good comments from ben collins and paul sheard in autosport, looks good, in the press but you think autosport could have got a more up to date picture.

bravheart
7th February 2008, 20:51
View from Ben Collins which is printed in the Autosport 7.2.2008

IT'S A GREAT idea to run these cars on road courses and i wish they'd done that when i was in the championship. The cars will need to be adapted, but they're racing cars so they'll adapt to anything, You'll get good, close racing and it will be very spectacular because ot the amount of power and weight of the cars, Cadwell Park will be interesting experience though!

Nick Brad
7th February 2008, 21:59
Ben Collins on the road courses, now that would have been a good sight as he's a road course driver, I may have formed a less dim view of him had I not seen him run the oval so much.

kjb
7th February 2008, 22:00
should be interesting racing dunc

racing59
7th February 2008, 22:21
I take back some of my comments about Autosport! How much did that cost you Duane? Lunch at the Savoy?

It was a good write up, and about time too!

Now to keep that positive press going....

Rob.

english4ever
7th February 2008, 22:42

8 points!!!!! ha ha ha you shouldn't talk about the cats she's very protective over them!!! and i aint taking the piss so don't lock this thread either!!!

bravheart
7th February 2008, 22:54

Mmmmm i agree! I think our V8's are going to be abit of a handful at Brands, Braking wont be with the left foot! ill be using both!!! there'll be Loads of wheel spin, Drifting and tank slappers exiting corners like Paddock Bend and Druids! should make interesting viewing.

At Snet with the right gearing the V8's should be pulling 170mph+?? along the long back straight!!

Cadwell Park, A flying license might be required?

Duane
7th February 2008, 22:59
Hey Rob, im trying to run the series on the straight and narrow so trying to bribe the press would not be a good start, wink wink

No i had some help from friends and i was impressed at both write ups, they did us proud.

Duane

robbo43
8th February 2008, 00:07
I haven't read the Autosport article, but judging by the feedback here it sounds that the road course move is being greeted with very positive responses.

If only Ascar was brave enough to do it 2/3 years ago when it was being discussed AND run restrictor plates earlier to allow B licenses (isn't 20/20 hindsight a marvellous thing!) They could've even run in wet conditions on the old historic course at the Rock (like the pickups first started)

Anyhoo, I'm hoping to travel back to Lydden to see the V8s strutting their stuff going up and down the hill, though I'd love to see them on the very short oval there (I've seen the V8 CAMSOs on the short oval there and it is breathtaking!!)

I guess the whole point of this post is to say good luck with what you do in the coming year, I'm glad to see you haven't let the series die and really hope you get back to the Rock and Lausitz soon (although hopefully lessons learned so it's not a Rock only championship)

All the best guys!

Rob

Nick Brad
8th February 2008, 01:21
Now we've branched out I think it's safe to say we'll never go back to Rock only racing. We shall return in due course though and when we do, it won't be on our hands and knees either. We know have to prove Rockingham wrong in dropping us and I'm confident we can do that.

Duane
8th February 2008, 06:37
I am pleased with the outcome of the dates and without the VSR help we would still of struggled.

At this time when the likes of Montoya, Francitti, Hornish and Villnerve are joining Nascar and Sky are to show it for 2 seasons (at least) we find that our only two ovals in Europe are to hold no Stockcar races at all, we shall try to keep changing that but Road courses are the way forward for now and i am sure will be part of our make up from now on.

Hopefully those Ovals will not be laid to waste for too long and we will be allowed back to put the show on we was born too.

Keep the Faith

Duane

Dave17
8th February 2008, 15:32
Cadwell Park, A flying license might be required?

I don't think so. With those two tight corners before the mountain to get round there won't be enough time to reach the required speed to make lift-off. (but please feel free to try and prove me wrong!!!!)

Henry Cutts
8th February 2008, 15:54
Well I am looking forward to this season should be some interesting racing!
The Esses should be an interesting place to watch at Snetterton!

Is the anchor fitted to the car yet Rob?

Nick Brad
8th February 2008, 18:35
Well, we had discussed using you Henry as a ride on mechanic/anchor, but as you're so skinny there'd be no weight to hold the car back and slow it down. :laugh:
Maybe I should consider the role, I've always craved being close to the on track action. ;)

Henry Cutts
8th February 2008, 19:12
Well, we had discussed using you Henry as a ride on mechanic/anchor, but as you're so skinny there'd be no weight to hold the car back and slow it down. :laugh:
Maybe I should consider the role, I've always craved being close to the on track action. ;)

What! Was the plan to throw me out the window attached to a chain!!!!! Nah you can have that job I will supervise from the pits!

bravheart
8th February 2008, 20:18
I don't think so. With those two tight corners before the mountain to get round there won't be enough time to reach the required speed to make lift-off. (but please feel free to try and prove me wrong!!!!)

If you have driven the track? i would'nt need to prove you wrong!!!!

racing59
8th February 2008, 22:15

Here's an example:

http://www.ricwood.com/calibra.htm

Ric's Calibra is of similar stamp..... note daylight beneath.....

It is every man (and woman's) duty to ensure that they make full use of the tools at hand to entertain the masses.

The show must go on!

Rob.

ASCAR24/7/365.5
8th February 2008, 22:42
hey thanks for that, man it brings back memories to see the old commadore, remember watchin it as a kid at oulton and donington, hmmmm real nostalgia, 2 of the most impressive sights have seen have come from ric, tail sliding his commadore through druids at oulton park was awesome, such good car control

Nick Brad
8th February 2008, 22:55
OMG, 197mph at Snett in a Calibra!

If that's possible, any less that 160 from us and i'll be disappointed. :laugh:

Dave17
9th February 2008, 08:38
Still on the Cadwell theme. Do you think you'll be able to woh it up for Mansfield? You know how the good doctor hates the naughty drivers using his grass!

JDPower
11th February 2008, 01:59
I take back some of my comments about Autosport! How much did that cost you Duane?
Of course Autosport were positive, you've dropped the ovals :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, and I know I'll get slagged for being negative but this is all I'm gonna say before I disappear off this forum, this news does nothing to excite me. I'm sure Duane and co deserve a tentative congrats for keeping the series existing (was gonna say alive) in some form but to me it's a completely different series now and one I have little interest in. I might have considered a trip to the Mallory meeting as it's the closest thing (track and spectator wise) to Rockingham but then read that it's the same weekend as the PuTs at Rockingham so that scuppers any ideas of going to Mallory :\

I sincerely hope this year will be a success and the V8s might get back on the ovals in future but I just can't see it myself. I really hope I will be proved wrong but for now it's a sad goodbye ;(

And having seen completely OTT moderation like this:
And most importantly- DONT and i mean DONT take the turning for rockingham (just for this year i hope).
Please can we give the anti Rockingham sentiment a rest?

It is getting extremely tedious and boring.
...and the "Thou shalt not have a negative opinion" attitude some on here decide to take lately I shan't be visiting here much anymore either, and those same people can happily post 'Good riddance' (as has already been said in far less polite terms to a long standing member elsewhere) happy in the self satisfaction they'll soon have the forum all to themselves.

Gasman#99
11th February 2008, 07:39
Of course Autosport were positive, you've dropped the ovals :rolleyes:

And having seen completely OTT moderation like this:
...and the "Thou shalt not have a negative opinion" attitude some on here decide to take lately I shan't be visiting here much anymore either, and those same people can happily post 'Good riddance' (as has already been said in far less polite terms to a long standing member elsewhere) happy in the self satisfaction they'll soon have the forum all to themselves.
Look guys, i dont know whats going on, but reply to the thread i put on here was in good humour and just a little banter between us. It was not put on here as a negative opinion, and im sorry if some people found it this way. In future i will look before i leap

Nick Brad
11th February 2008, 12:54
I hope you reconsider your position John, this series has so much to offer and I'm confident that it will return to ovals in due time. We were so close to running at Eurospeedway until they changed their minds and decided that they weren't running any oval meetings again for another year.
Duane has worked so hard and been slapped down at nearly every turn, with good people such as yourself now turning your back on the series because of the recent negativity, (which should not be seen as representing the series in any way,) the poor guy would be left ripping his hair out if he had any.

I'm V8 Trophy for life, I'm just waiting for sunscreens and window stickers, then my car will be advertising to the whole area!