PDA

View Full Version : Irrelevant? Sebring less than day away.

Rogelio
1st February 2008, 15:57
Sebring is a day away and the Champ Car World Series website (http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=12502) has an article on the Super Bowl predictions. Do we really care who N/H/L or Gentilozzi are rooting for?

I am assuming that this website is the official site of Champ Car and they have an article regarding the Super Bowl. With all the gloom and doom surrounding Champ Car, you would assume that they would have an article related to racing. This is just another example of how out of touch the Amigos are with the racing community/fans.

Many of us will be looking at this site the next few days to get the latest news from Sebring. Instead, the Champ Car website has an article on Super Bowl predictions. Even Speed.com does a better job in keeping up to date with Champ Car news than the official Champ Car website. What a shame!

SarahFan
1st February 2008, 15:58
maybe there isn't much to say....perhaps no one really knows whose going to show up today

ChaimWitz
1st February 2008, 16:15
Sebring is a day away and the Champ Car World Series website (http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=12502) has an article on the Super Bowl predictions. Do we really care who N/H/L or Gentilozzi are rooting for?

I am assuming that this website is the official site of Champ Car and they have an article regarding the Super Bowl. With all the gloom and doom surrounding Champ Car, you would assume that they would have an article related to racing. This is just another example of how out of touch the Amigos are with the racing community/fans.

Many of us will be looking at this site the next few days to get the latest news from Sebring. Instead, the Champ Car website has an article on Super Bowl predictions. Even Speed.com does a better job in keeping up to date with Champ Car news than the official Champ Car website. What a shame!

Rogelio, The truth is that the Amigos don't care about anything or anyone but themselves. I have seen this first hand an their insincerity, duplicity and mean spirited behavior was shocking. Ego is everything to them.

mike15
1st February 2008, 16:23
With all the tabolid journalism stories on Paul it was great to see Paul Newman up and around and enjoying life.

Although it probably was a disapointment to the oposition.

SarahFan
1st February 2008, 16:43
am I the only one who thinks KK and GF are wondering if NHL is going to show today?

sanguin
1st February 2008, 16:49
am I the only one who thinks KK and GF are wondering if NHL is going to show today?

"ChampCarWorld.net has learned from a reliable source, that when the Newman Haas Lanigan cars roll off the truck in Sebring this week, both will be sporting a red McDonalds livery, reportedly at the request of the long time NHL sponsor. While Graham's car will bear the #2, it is undecided at this time whether Justin's car will sport the #1 or the #6."

SarahFan
1st February 2008, 17:28
"ChampCarWorld.net has learned from a reliable source, that when the Newman Haas Lanigan cars roll off the truck in Sebring this week, both will be sporting a red McDonalds livery, reportedly at the request of the long time NHL sponsor. While Graham's car will bear the #2, it is undecided at this time whether Justin's car will sport the #1 or the #6."

Penske was committed to CC...right up until the day he left

mike15
1st February 2008, 17:30
Also from another site
Rand; posted

Just got off the phone with my source in Sebring.....

Forsythe has already pulled in, NHL, PCM, and a couple other teams expected to pull in tomorrow....

ALSO.....

Penske and Ganassi IRL haulers, along with one other team (possibly Vision, but my source isn't big on IRL teams) are on site already as well...

SOD
1st February 2008, 17:31
will there be any journalists there?

seppefan
1st February 2008, 17:32
Also from another site
Rand; posted

ALSO.....

Penske and Ganassi IRL haulers, along with one other team (possibly Vision, but my source isn't big on IRL teams) are on site already as well...

What !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rogelio
1st February 2008, 17:36

Sadly, but I wish that would happen. Maybe, it would serve as a wake-up call to the inept leadership. I am a die-hard CART/CC fan who wants the series to continue, but I, like many are extremely frustrated. We are a day away from the first testing session and we know absolutely nothing. You could argue that the Amigos are not responsible for what the teams report, but the Amigos make up almost 1/3 of the teams in Champ Car. The Amigos have a total disregard for the fans. No wonder our series is sinking.

Andrewmcm
1st February 2008, 17:40
Also from another site
Rand; posted

Just got off the phone with my source in Sebring.....

Forsythe has already pulled in, NHL, PCM, and a couple other teams expected to pull in tomorrow....

ALSO.....

Heh, it's possible of course. It's not like track-shares haven't taken place before - I remember the pictures taken from an oval a few years back. I seriously doubt that any of the IRL teams will be turning up with DP01's.though.

mark123
1st February 2008, 17:43
http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/columns/story?seriesId=1&columnist=oreovicz_john&id=3220214

the irl cars tested friday while the cc's will test over the weekend

sanguin
1st February 2008, 17:54
the irl cars tested friday while the cc's will test over the weekend

only Penske and Ganassi?

anthonyvop
1st February 2008, 19:15
will there be any journalists there?
In all their Capitalistic Glory!!!!

bblocker68
1st February 2008, 20:27
It'll be cool to see 2 Mickey D cars on the grid if it happens.