PDA

View Full Version : GT Racer

MrJan
1st February 2008, 13:54
Wasn't sure what fofum this would come under but this one has most coverage :)

Has anyone been watching this show on Dave? It was on after the WRC the other day and even though the title and the channel made me think it'd be tacky it was actually really good. The series follows a bunch of classics racers (all with far too much money) and has no patronising voiceover or stupidly loud music. Instead it relies on competitors talking about racing and actual footage of the events (WRC viewers might be shocked that sometimes TV has real footage of cars on ;) )

In short it's very good, well shot, well directed and most importantly enjoyable to watch.

wedge
1st February 2008, 22:22
Yep, that programme is ace!

Missed last week's because of the footie and only watched bits here there. Saw the end credits and realised they raced the whole of the Nurburgring - according to the onboard footage anyway. I was absolutely gutted! Of all the episodes I missed it was that one!

Oh well, at least Spa is coming up.

SEATFreak
2nd February 2008, 08:45
What exactly is it? Is it just an enthusiasts series - for very rich ones - or is it a full blown serious championship?

It is just I was going to mention it earlier just was a tad hesitant, or dare I say afraid, to mention it earlier in case you all knew about it so their would have been no point mentioning it because you would have known that fact already.

Doesn't look a bad bit of racing to see. Doesn't seem much of a variety tho. Is it open to all makes from all years?

Daniel
2nd February 2008, 10:45
What exactly is it? Is it just an enthusiasts series - for very rich ones - or is it a full blown serious championship?

It is just I was going to mention it earlier just was a tad hesitant, or dare I say afraid, to mention it earlier in case you all knew about it so their would have been no point mentioning it because you would have known that fact already.

Doesn't look a bad bit of racing to see. Doesn't seem much of a variety tho. Is it open to all makes from all years?

That's deep! It's like a whole other level of consciousness :p But yes it's pretty much a series for rich racers with old cars :)

I really like the show. The cars sound great but I get slightly annoyed because they generally just have long in-car bits where the cars just drive around the circuit not doing much at all :crazy:

wedge
2nd February 2008, 12:49
That's deep! It's like a whole other level of consciousness :p But yes it's pretty much a series for rich racers with old cars :)

I really like the show. The cars sound great but I get slightly annoyed because they generally just have long in-car bits where the cars just drive around the circuit not doing much at all :crazy:

Probably because Le Mans is their favourite movie of all time!

The best parts is power-oversteer!

There's a good mixture of guys they talk to. The old guys who want a Sunday drive in their pride and joy, the old guys who want to drive their toys on the limit, the kid who ended up racing historics.

MrJan
2nd February 2008, 21:22
Missed last week's because of the footie and only watched bits here there. Saw the end credits and realised they raced the whole of the Nurburgring - according to the onboard footage anyway. I was absolutely gutted! Of all the episodes I missed it was that one.

Don't worry there was fog on the Nordschleife so they had to call the race off and just do the GP track. the credits was just a practice lap or two that they all got to do. If you do miss it again I think they repeat it all through the week :)

I admit that the racing isn't classic but it sounds so good I couldn't care less.

Also I think it is a proper championship, or at least there are races all over. I think tomorrows is in America, they've done Silverstone and Nurburgring and most of the racers also do the Classic Le Mans (superb event)