PDA

View Full Version : DreamLand

Roamy
31st January 2008, 05:47
Now here is a idiot that has obviously been taking media lessons from David Coultard !!

BMW's motorsport boss Mario Theissen is convinced the German squad have the potential to be able to fight with Ferrari and McLaren at the top of the field.

BMW Sauber were the third strongest outfit last season, but went on to finish in second place in the standings following the disqualification of McLaren from the constructors' championship.

During the launch of their new car, BMW said they will be hoping to fight for their maiden victory this year before mounting a championship challenge in 2009, and Theissen is convinced the team have the potential to do it.

wmcot
31st January 2008, 07:12
Now here is a idiot that has obviously been taking media lessons from David Coultard !!

BMW's motorsport boss Mario Theissen is convinced the German squad have the potential to be able to fight with Ferrari and McLaren at the top of the field.

BMW Sauber were the third strongest outfit last season, but went on to finish in second place in the standings following the disqualification of McLaren from the constructors' championship.

During the launch of their new car, BMW said they will be hoping to fight for their maiden victory this year before mounting a championship challenge in 2009, and Theissen is convinced the team have the potential to do it.

Last year they were close, but this year's testing times haven't been that great - maybe they are sand-bagging???

Garry Walker
31st January 2008, 08:56
Last year they were close, but this year's testing times haven't been that great - maybe they are sand-bagging???

They dont sand-bag at testing, people use that phrase to explain their teams having bad times in testing.
BMW just isnt where they want to be with their car at the moment, I reckon the electronics ban is hurting them more so than other teams.

samuratt
31st January 2008, 09:09
It seems (out of lap testing times) that the old car is faster than the new one. Tha may be a big problem! :P

31st January 2008, 12:54

I don't think it was unreasonable for BMW to be looking to that kind of schedule after their last 2 seasons, especially since it was said before the new car had turned a wheel.

I have yet to see anybody at a car launch say that they just hope the car is not crap.

wedge
31st January 2008, 14:06
There are genuine problems at Sauber BMW!

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=41665

wmcot
31st January 2008, 19:26
There are genuine problems at Sauber BMW!

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=41665

If the comments in the article are being "politically correct," BMW-Sauber is in BIG trouble!

Roamy
1st February 2008, 04:36
yea I would be very happy if they finish 6th

gloomyDAY
1st February 2008, 05:36
yea I would be very happy if they finish 6th
LOL! Why the animosity?

I'm hoping BMW-Sauber are capable of scrapping at the top and keeping Renault behind.

Roamy
1st February 2008, 14:31
that is why you are going to have a GloomyDAY !

I don't like people that don't honor contracts - have no use for them!!

Dave B
1st February 2008, 16:39
Shock horror: team principal talks up his outfit's chances at a new car launch. Whatever next? :dozey:

jens
1st February 2008, 16:51
Let's wait until the end of the Barcelona tests before making conclusions too early. Maybe the situation is not as hopeless as it has seemed and it looks like BMW is trying all kinds of solutions and innovations to become faster (they seemingly have more winglets than anyone else!).

I'm afraid that BMW is not quite ready for the title challenge yet, so I guess I was a bit too optimistic before the winter tests, but maintaining their position as F1's 3rd force looks still possible.

Jimmy Magnusson
1st February 2008, 21:15
Might I guess what Rampf really said?

"We rolled out the new car, and it was slow. Our driver didn't like it, and while nothing broke this was because he couldn't go fast enough without chucking it off. We are now trying to figure out why it was rubbish and do something about it - strange winglets will most probably be included in the package. Because the car was so slow, we will now have to try out new things to try and fix it at every test leading up to Melbourne. Heidfeld have little faith in us."