PDA

View Full Version : Year Four

weeflyonthewall
29th January 2008, 03:48
Just four years ago Judge Frank J. Otte awards the assets of CART to Open Wheel Racing Series, LLC, (1/28/2004), ensuring Champ Car's survival and demonstrating just how shallow Tony George's plans for US open wheel really were.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMIGOS!

mark123
29th January 2008, 03:51
are you being serious? i hope not.

Cart750hp
29th January 2008, 04:11
Just four years ago Judge Frank J. Otte awards the assets of CART to Open Wheel Racing Series, LLC, (1/28/2004), ensuring Champ Car's survival and demonstrating just how shallow Tony George's plans for US open wheel really were.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMIGOS!

Oh God, no.

Statements like this energizes these fanatics and the outcome is a little creepy. It's like talking to a bunch of 10 year old member of a cult, or some sort.

sanguin
29th January 2008, 15:56
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMIGOS!

Yes! We've seen what brand of racing TG has in store for OW and no thanks.

Thank you CC owners.

Cart750hp
29th January 2008, 19:53
There you go.

ChaimWitz
29th January 2008, 20:13
Yes! We've seen what brand of racing TG has in store for OW and no thanks.

Thank you CC owners.

Sanguin, I am going to Costco this afternoon. Do you want me to pick up some survival supplies for you and your buddies in the OWRS Bunker?

There is a saying: "your character defines your destiny". So it is true here. In hindsight, yesterday was the fourth anniversary of another tragic twist in a very sad story. Spin it however you want to but the truth is that all that has really happened since that fateful day in 2004 is that more time, money and careers were wasted chasing false hope based upon false promises made by people who have too little racing experience. Thank you CC owners. Your time is up.

Cart750hp
29th January 2008, 20:35
While you're in Costco, ChaimWitz, get more stuff for Mike15, Ferrrari1, Jacques, and Weefly. I'll bring my truck if you don't have a room for more.

This is just plain funny and sick!

bblocker68
29th January 2008, 20:35
All I think they'll need is Kool-Aid. What flavor would CC be? Sour Grape might be nice :)

keysersoze
29th January 2008, 20:46
Hurrah CCWS! Enjoy your final year. Bernoldi for ROY, and my main man Graham Rahal will almost certainly finish 3rd in points, since there are but six confirmed drivers.

God I miss the days of Robby Gordon and Alex Zanardi.

Rogelio
29th January 2008, 21:11
Year 4 and Champ Car is on life support. All we can hope for is that Champ Car finishes the season and then seriously considers unification. Also, we can hope that the IRL has a horrible season, so that TG loses his bargaining power.

Four years later I still want Champ Car to continue, but not at its current state. The Amigos should sell out and let someone run the series. So long as the Amigos are in power, Champ Car is not going to improve.

clydekart
29th January 2008, 21:18
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMIGOS!

This is an absolutely true statement that can not be disputed with silly replies. It takes time to build a series-wait until year 10 and Champ car may rival F1.

Cart750hp
29th January 2008, 21:34
There you go, another one.

ChaimWitz, there's a U-haul truck for $19.99 a day. That should do it.

ChaimWitz
29th January 2008, 21:53

I think we will need a bigger truck because these guys will be in the OWRS bunker well past the demise of Champ Car. I am going over to the Penske truck rental center to rent the largest yellow truck they have. Do you think these guys will mind? I will fill it with 1000 lbs of beef jerky, 500 rolls of Kirkland toilet paper and twelve cases of Mario Andretti Whine.

cartpix
29th January 2008, 22:02

I think we'll need the bigger $29.99 a day truck.

Jeff

ChicagocrewIRL
29th January 2008, 22:05
I think we will need a bigger truck because these guys will be in the OWRS bunker well past the demise of Champ Car. I am going over to the Penske truck rental center to rent the largest yellow truck they have. Do you think these guys will mind? I will fill it with 1000 lbs of beef jerky, 500 rolls of Kirkland toilet paper and twelve cases of Mario Andretti Whine.

Chaimwitz and Cart and cart , I haven't laughed this hard in a long time ! You guys should have your own show !!! Thank yooooooo for the comic relief in these dark times .

ChaimWitz
29th January 2008, 22:13
Chaimwitz and Cart and cart , I haven't laughed this hard in a long time ! You guys should have your own show !!! Thank yooooooo for the comic relief in these dark times .

I am here through Thursday. Try the Provini Veal!

ChaimWitz
29th January 2008, 22:23

I am here through Thursday. Try the (Provimi) Veal.

cartpix
29th January 2008, 22:23

Hey, we're here all week, try the veal.

Jeff

CCFanatic
29th January 2008, 22:26

I must not be as shallow as you as I found that pretty redundant and very stupid.

Here's to you, the Three Amigos, on another great season.

clydekart
29th January 2008, 22:33
Laughing at the truth doesn't make it go away, it's just one method used by disinformation operatives.

ChaimWitz
29th January 2008, 22:57
Perhaps some of you probably here prefer posts like this:

"Here is to you oh might Amigos as we honor this most sacred of all anniversaries.

As you continue your five year mission to prove you are smarter than The Grandson we will stand by you oh might Amigos in the face of logic and reason until the end of American Open Wheel Racing because, like you, we refuse to accept reality.

Your ever-changing vision and your glorious never-ending investment have allowed those of us who hate TG to keep on hating.

Your unsubsudies have attracted dozens of drivers we have never heard of and given them the chance to drive the most wonderous rental car yet conceived by mankind.

Mucas Gracias Mi Amigos. You are the best thing to happen to American Racing since Chris Pook."

Suggestion: Have someone read this aloud in dramatic fashion while someone else hums the theme to Star Trek.

FlatChatRacer
29th January 2008, 23:02
Gosh, judging by the comments made in this thread, if unification occurs then we will struggle to show each other some goodwill and celebrate the end of the split.

Have any of you ever thought of what might happen if both the IRL and CCWS collapse in the next couple of years? If they don't work out some way of consolidating resources then don't discount that possibility.

The Indy 500 might still be around, just not running Open Wheel Cars of the IRL type.

ChaimWitz
29th January 2008, 23:16
Gosh, judging by the comments made in this thread, if unification occurs then we will struggle to show each other some goodwill and celebrate the end of the split.

Have any of you ever thought of what might happen if both the IRL and CCWS collapse in the next couple of years? If they don't work out some way of consolidating resources then don't discount that possibility.

The Indy 500 might still be around, just not running Open Wheel Cars of the IRL type.

FlatChat, the truth is that both sides have little to proud of. The only thing I will ever congratulate any of them for will be if they all wise up and end this insane and hateful division of our beautiful sport.

Ruben Barrios
30th January 2008, 00:01
OT

Flatchatracer, I'm sorry but I can't help think about Danica every time I read your nickname...

I know it's me....!!

It's just that every time I read it my mind reads "Flat Chest Racer"...

I know, I know... I need a shrink...

Sorry for the kidnapping but I needed to get that off my Chest!!!

ChicagocrewIRL
30th January 2008, 00:27
I must not be as shallow as you as I found that pretty redundant and very stupid.

Here's to you, the Three Amigos, on another great season.

oh lighten up Francis :p

sanguin
30th January 2008, 00:31
This is an absolutely true statement that can not be disputed with silly replies. It takes time to build a series-wait until year 10 and Champ car may rival F1.

Good point.

Cart750hp
30th January 2008, 00:39

Here's to you, the Three Amigos, on another great season

Laughing at the truth doesn't make it go away, it's just one method used by disinformation operatives.

A-ha! You see. These are collectibles. Soon, they'll be obsolete.

FlatChatRacer
30th January 2008, 00:58
Ruben Barrios,
No worries mate.

Danica may be lacking in the chest area, but she is quite attractive nonetheless. Bit too short for me though!

CCFanatic
30th January 2008, 21:09
Ruben Barrios,
No worries mate.

Danica may be lacking in the chest area, but she is quite attractive nonetheless. Bit too short for me though!

A bit short for you? A bit short for the whole universe might be better fitting.

nanders
30th January 2008, 22:38
Dear Amigos,

On this anniversary of your buying the assets of CART please put some money in marketing, put ovals back on the schedule, fix that pos Race Director and run this series like you are doing something besides waiting for somebody else to buy it, for 100M that you are never ever going to get. I've known for some time you weren't really serious about your series long term health.

I will give you this ... the racing has been pretty good. I hope I remember to watch this year.

Gerry and Paul, You have taught the fanatics to be fanatics, what will they be called once the all turn on you?

:bones:

Sandfly
31st January 2008, 01:03
Ruben Barrios,
No worries mate.

You kidding me?? She is the poster child for the miracle of make-up.

Cart750hp
31st January 2008, 09:26

I'll respond to your post not because Danica is in IRL, I hate her too, kinda attitude. But more of....I agree with you. She's attractive. For her being short? Who cares, FlatChatRacer. You show concern only if you are looking forward to a relationship with her. But since you just want a bit of here and there....her height shouldn't be any of your concern. On top of that, she's more of a low self-esteem woman. You know what they say about women with low self-esteem......easier to get and hotter they are. The higher self-esteem a woman is.....the harder they get and the fuglier they are. Just kinda throw a bit of 101 there.

31st January 2008, 13:58
wait until year 10 and Champ car may rival F1.

Good point.

Anyone care for a bet?

garyshell
31st January 2008, 17:25

Good point.

Anyone care for a bet?

My money is on pigs flying first!

http://www.mts.net/~hooch/images/flying_pig.jpg

Gary

FlatChatRacer
1st February 2008, 00:23
Cart750hp,

I don't hate Danica at all. I was just responding to Ruben Barrios, and I said I think she is attractive. Make up or not, I stand by that. I have never met her, so I have no opinion either way regarding her personality.