PDA

View Full Version : Rumble or swoosh?

Erki
28th January 2008, 20:51
Why is it that when you fart with a swoosh it smells much stronger than when it comes with a rumble?

My theory is that the "rumble" is the sound of smell molecules popping and breaking and thus creating less smell. And thus when you fart with just a swoosh, those molecules stay intact and the product is much sharper.

jim mcglinchey
28th January 2008, 22:41
mmmm.. Can't say Ive ever noticed a correlation between tonal quality and perceived objectionableness of malodour.

schmenke
28th January 2008, 23:05
The silent ones are deadly...

schmenke
28th January 2008, 23:06
<As an afterthought, I can't believe I posted in this thread... :s >

DonJippo
28th January 2008, 23:15
<As an afterthought, I can't believe I posted in this thread... :s >

You should have stayed on the silent ones... :dozey:

MrJan
28th January 2008, 23:44
Aaah you can't this forum for a bit of intellectual stimulation :p :

For the record I have also noticed that generally the more vigourous farts are less smelly although I have no idea why. While we're on the subject I also want to know why alcohol has a disastorous effect odour-wise and also leads to an epic 'evacuation' the next morning :D

Just a shot in the dark here but I reckon this thread will be largely made up by contributions from the male members :D

Mp3 Astra
29th January 2008, 00:04
I always thought this but was never stupid :p : enough to post it... I have to agree with Erki. I don't really have anything else to say about this! :D

Just a shot in the dark here but I reckon this thread will be largely made up by contributions from the male members :D

Women don't do that dirty business, do they? :eek: :(

My life is over.

edv
29th January 2008, 02:09
I've always considered the 'whoosh' versus 'brap' to be a decent indicator of the flatulator's stress level. When you are relaxed, a whoosh comes easily, when your in a rush (or showing off) the brap is typical.

On a side note (sic) I once read that of the gas volume expelled during flatulence, less than 1% is comprised of molecules that 'smell'.

And I would bet that even the Queen lets one slip now and again!

anthonyvop
29th January 2008, 05:18
A Swoosh means your Gay.
A Rumble means your straight.

Magnus
29th January 2008, 06:43
It is not the fart that kills, itīs the smell...
(but itīs much finier in swinglish)

dyfi1
29th January 2008, 08:29
Why do the quiet ones smell? For the benefit of the deaf surely ;-)

leopard
29th January 2008, 08:48
Swoosh or rumble strongly related to speed of the gas, Ferrari driver has the rumble, Super Aguri has the swoosh.