PDA

View Full Version : What a JOKE Ron Dennis rules out tilt at FIA presidency

CNR
28th January 2008, 11:33
http://www.duemotori.com/news/f1/22382_Ron_Dennis_rules_out_tilt_at_FIA_presidency. php

Ron Dennis has rubbished rumours that he is positioning himself as a potential successor to Max Mosley as president of F1's governing body

how can anybody trust him

ArrowsFA1
28th January 2008, 12:15
This is the source of this (non) story:

Q: You and Max Mosley have never had the easiest of relationships. You no doubt appreciate his job is a difficult one, but how would you do things differently if you were FIA President? Are there other directions in which you’d like to take the sport?
RD: As Max has frequently said in the past, commentators tend to exaggerate the level of personal discord that exists between him and me. As regards the FIA Presidency, I've never aspired to it in the past and I don't aspire to it now. It's the running of a company that motivates me, not the governance of a sport.
http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews/2008/1/7296.html

SGWilko
28th January 2008, 14:32
Isn't Max merely keeping the seat warm for J Todt?

Hawkmoon
29th January 2008, 00:36
Isn't Max merely keeping the seat warm for J Todt?

I can't really see Todt taking on the role. The only time it's been mentioned is when Mosely said Todt would make a good FIA president. Todt has always disavowed any interest in the job.

Besides, there are enough moronic conspiracy theories about the FIA and Ferrari doing the rounds without adding an ex-Ferrari-team-principal-as-FIA-president to the mix.

wmcot
29th January 2008, 07:19
Flavio for FIA pres???? ;)

samuratt
29th January 2008, 10:23
I can't really see Todt taking on the role. The only time it's been mentioned is when Mosely said Todt would make a good FIA president. Todt has always disavowed any interest in the job.

Besides, there are enough moronic conspiracy theories about the FIA and Ferrari doing the rounds without adding an ex-Ferrari-team-principal-as-FIA-president to the mix.

Either Todt or Ron for FIA president would be a bad choice, cause they are so attached to their respective teams you wouldn't expect any fairnes out of their descisions.

On the other hand it seems the conection between the FIA and Ferrari is stronger than you may think... :)
http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3261_3076296,00.html
Another weird decision that may only bring controversy to the sport!

SGWilko
29th January 2008, 17:11
Either Todt or Ron for FIA president would be a bad choice, cause they are so attached to their respective teams you wouldn't expect any fairnes out of their descisions.

On the other hand it seems the conection between the FIA and Ferrari is stronger than you may think... :)
http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3261_3076296,00.html
Another weird decision that may only bring controversy to the sport!

Interesting.

Is the guy heavily involved with Ferrari, like is it his account, or is just that that his company handles Ferrari's PR?

It does, as they say in the article, add fuel to the fire.....

Still, just what does one expect from the grandes fromages these days?

wmcot
30th January 2008, 07:31
Interesting.

Is the guy heavily involved with Ferrari, like is it his account, or is just that that his company handles Ferrari's PR?

It does, as they say in the article, add fuel to the fire.....

Still, just what does one expect from the grandes fromages these days?

Even being a Ferrari fan, I have to wonder a bit. I still believe that permanent race stewards are the only answer to consistent rulings at each race,

samuratt
30th January 2008, 10:33
Even being a Ferrari fan, I have to wonder a bit. I still believe that permanent race stewards are the only answer to consistent rulings at each race,

That is true. A commission of profesional stewards for every race could be a solution for the poor decisions we saw last year. Too much inconsistency when interpreting the rules and punishing...

Anyway just the fact that the new stewards boss is somehow related to Ferrari is a bomb aobut to explode!

wmcot
31st January 2008, 01:11
Anyway just the fact that the new stewards boss is somehow related to Ferrari is a bomb aobut to explode!

Even if he is completely fair, any ruling that favors Ferrari or is against a rival team will bring the wrath of the Ferrari bashers on him. It's a no-win situation.

samuratt
31st January 2008, 10:10
Even if he is completely fair, any ruling that favors Ferrari or is against a rival team will bring the wrath of the Ferrari bashers on him. It's a no-win situation.

That is exactly what I was trying to say!!!! :)

31st January 2008, 13:50
That is exactly what I was trying to say!!!! :)

If there is going to be a full-time steward with experience, then he (or she) is going to have to had some links to a team somewhere*

It's very doubtful that the FIA would allow him to continue those links once in the job.....but the same things that could be suggested about this guy could be said of anybody considered qualified to do the job.

At the moment, some bloke who once did PR for a team is probably as neutral as you could get.

*(That being the case, my vote for the job goes to Schumi!)

wmcot
31st January 2008, 20:05
If there is going to be a full-time steward with experience, then he (or she) is going to have to had some links to a team somewhere

That makes perfect sense, just not to the anti-Ferrari coalition! :)

samuratt
1st February 2008, 08:51
If there is going to be a full-time steward with experience, then he (or she) is going to have to had some links to a team somewhere*

It's very doubtful that the FIA would allow him to continue those links once in the job.....but the same things that could be suggested about this guy could be said of anybody considered qualified to do the job.

At the moment, some bloke who once did PR for a team is probably as neutral as you could get.

*(That being the case, my vote for the job goes to Schumi!)

You really scare me!!!!! So the best man for the job Michael Schumacher????? which is his experience as a steward??? in fact as a driver he was not probably the cleanest one...

If the guy leading the steward is barely attached (in any form) to a team it is going to be a disaster, cause he won't look fair to the other teams and the fans. Therfore we will see more controversy everytime there is some action on track!

You really lost it mate!

ArrowsFA1
1st February 2008, 09:32
I think there's a strong argument for there to be an ex-driver as a steward. What experience do those who have done the job so far have of racing these cars, and competing? How can they judge incidents without that kind of experience?

The only view against the idea when I've talked about this with an ex-driver is the fact that retired racing drivers may not particularly want to spend their time travelling to every GP to do this kind of job. That may be an argument for having a number of different ex-drivers as stewards throughout the season, but then there is the problem of consistency :crazy:

samuratt
1st February 2008, 12:05
I am in for training some drivers to become stewards but please not Michael Schumacher. Or we will see everybody parking his car at La Rasccase and nobody complaining... :)

janneppi
1st February 2008, 12:21
Well, if a driver knew the tricks by heart, he'd be better able to judge them wouldn't he? ;)

1st February 2008, 12:42
That being the case, my vote for the job goes to Schumi!)

You really lost it mate!

Rather that you have lost your sense of humour.

It was a joke.