PDA

View Full Version : 34 and counting

Rudy Tamasz
28th January 2008, 09:26
I just decided to share my impressions of my 34th B-Day for no particular reason with you, my dear forum friends.

It started off with my wife presenting me with a gift. Then she stayed home and went to a pizza place to celebrate it with my parents. My nephew wanted pizza and he got it. My mom and my sister just wanted a dinner out and they got it. My old man wanted cognac and sharing all of his philosophy views with some audience and he got it. I pleased everyone and then felt a bit sad like it was everybody's holiday but mine.

Some of my very old friends called me, which was a pleasant surprise, some of my current friends didn't and that was no fun. My colleagues presented me with a couple of decent CDs, quite unexpectedly.

Overall, the birthday left me with a sense of some accomplishments in life and a slight feel of sadness. I guess it is just the way it goes.

Mark
28th January 2008, 09:27
Another year older, I feel your pain, I've got my 30th coming up this weekend.

leopard
28th January 2008, 09:59
34 hmm ... Why should have the sad and pain, life is too short to worry, but it's a side of life that we will never know sweet without knowing bitter.

Happy birthday. :)

Donney
28th January 2008, 11:10
Well, you managed to live another year which is what you have been trying to do all the time, so you should be proud of yourself. :D

And I guess you are right about the feeling of being everyother's holiday but yours, especially if you were in charge of the celebrations.

Happy Birthday! :beer:

Magnus
28th January 2008, 11:19
Cheer up Rudy! People are people, and I am shure they mean no harm...
It is not how you have it, i´s how you take it, as they say. I guess most people, including myself, think we are quite good people, who would deserve som appreciation. In the end though others feel the same way, I guess the bottom line is that we should give others the apprecatiion we would like ourselves...
Happy Birthday!!!

edv
28th January 2008, 16:01
Happy Birthday!
I am expecting my 50th to pass this year with nary a whimper....

SOD
28th January 2008, 17:52
at least you didn't get oaf cambered ;) :D

Magnus
28th January 2008, 18:20
Happy Birthday!
I am expecting my 50th to pass this year with nary a whimper....

**** EDV! Is there anything we can do to help?
;)

Eki
29th January 2008, 06:11
Happy Birthday, Rudy!

Rudy Tamasz
29th January 2008, 08:09
Thanks, my friends. Yesterday I was invited to speak about vikings on TV. The interview was filmed on a river bank under a freezing wind. Only a shot of madeira put me right, and then the TV host asked me to sign my book for him and we talked about future plans. Then I decided life is not that bad, after all. ;)

leopard
29th January 2008, 08:29
Weren't you here yesterday? ;)

altogether, we are glad that our advice worked out, that agreement was dealt instantly. :up:

gadjo_dilo
29th January 2008, 09:31
I pleased everyone and then felt a bit sad like it was everybody's holiday but mine.

Happy belated birthday!
The simple fact that you could please so many people should vanish the sadness. Making the dear ones happy is the best present you can get.

odykas
3rd February 2008, 20:21
http://www.softlab.ntua.gr/~siochos/smilies/rockon.gif