PDA

View Full Version : New Co-driver for Wilson?

smolvar
27th January 2008, 23:47
Noticed Matthew Wilson now uses Scott Martin as a co-driver and Michael Orr has gone over to navigate for Al Qassimi?

I guess the Abu Dhabi deal not only got Al Qassimi a third driver's seat, but it also got him Wilson's co-driver.

Ur not a salmon
27th January 2008, 23:58
simple answer really. Scott Martin is Matt Wilson's original co-driver from 2004-05. He was planning on retiring due to a number of factors (heavy accident in BRC Wales 2005 being one of them), but changed his mind. However it was too late for 2006, so Michael Orr sat with Wilson in a 2 year deal and Martin sat with several other drivers including Steve Perez, Barry Clark and Mark Higgins. Now the deal is over, Orr moves on and Martin is back.

bt52b
28th January 2008, 00:13
Matt and Scott grew up together

Buzz Lightyear
28th January 2008, 01:58
Matt and Scott grew up together

Not always a good thing.

Wilson needs to find 2s/km from somewhere, and its not the codriver.

Woodeye
28th January 2008, 19:21
Not always a good thing.

Wilson needs to find 2s/km from somewhere, and its not the codriver.

What Matt needs is someone to tell him that his place is not in WRC.

AndyRAC
28th January 2008, 20:45
What Matt needs is someone to tell him that his place is not in WRC.

Yeah, but he did beat Atkinson on Rally GB last year, where did that pace come from?

ste898
28th January 2008, 21:00
People are commenting on something they know nothing about......why cant people just let Matt and Scott get on with learning

Buzz Lightyear
28th January 2008, 21:05
Yeah, but he did beat Atkinson on Rally GB last year, where did that pace come from?

i hear about this 'pace' on rally gb. looking at the stage result, he didnt set a better than 7th, suggests that indeed atkinson was driving something with a much decor ,as a wheel barrow with a flat wheel.

Woodeye
28th January 2008, 21:47
Matt has now started at least in 30 rallies so far in his WRC career. If there should be even some potential it would have come up already.

Donney
29th January 2008, 09:26
Matt has now started at least in 30 rallies so far in his WRC career. If there should be even some potential it would have come up already.

I've always said he needed time to learn and find his own progress but I'm starting to believe, as you said, there's not much more than what we've seen.

JAM
29th January 2008, 10:43
There are things that seem to obvious that don't even need to be discussed, it was 3 years ago as is now. Matthew tallent is one of these things. We know that he is on WRC because is the son of Malcon Wilson.

All the other drivers gave much ROI to Stobart than Matthew Wilson, so these are too obvious things on this that some UK guys have dificult in accept.

But i don't defend a ban on Matthew as some guys full of irony.

N.O.T
29th January 2008, 10:49
I think everyone in rallying world knows that Wilson has nothing of value to offer to the rallying world....he is just there to spend some money and have fun.

ste898
29th January 2008, 20:21
I think everyone in rallying world knows that Wilson has nothing of value to offer to the rallying world....he is just there to spend some money and have fun.

So many people Know so much about Wilson......I put a lot of it down to jealousy

DonJippo
29th January 2008, 21:17
So many people Know so much about Wilson......I put a lot of it down to jealousy

Seriously ste898, you say give him time to learn but how much time he needs? Don't you think there should be atleast some indication that he is learning? I don't mind him driving in WRC and I don't care who's money is used to make it possible but I have to say that there really has not been any real signs that he would be able to step up to the higher level.

ste898
29th January 2008, 21:32
Only Matt his family and the team know what orders he is under........so unless anyone has this information how can anyone comment?

WRXedUSA
29th January 2008, 21:45

Unfortunately, the results speak for themselves.

Tomi
29th January 2008, 22:06
I dont also understand Wilson familys strategie, when is matthew supposed to show something, for me its difficult to belive that someone can become a rallydriver by just sitting in a car.

A.F.F.
29th January 2008, 22:13
Only Matt his family and the team know what orders he is under........so unless anyone has this information how can anyone comment?

I thought it wasn't a secret. Malcom has said it many times. A 5-year plan which started what, three or four years ago ?? I think Matthew has to hurry if he is going to reach the goals :mark: