PDA

View Full Version : Boris Said to run Bathurst.

mercury8
27th January 2008, 20:33
Boris Said has signed with PMM[Paul Morris Motorsport] to run the enduro races in V8 Supercars at the Phillip Island 500 and Bathurst 1000.His agressive style on the road course races should hold him in good stead but he will crap his pants the first time he goes over the top of Mount Panorama I bet. :eek: Good luck to him.Anyone know how this came about?

Cozzie
27th January 2008, 22:01
This will be interesting, it will give NASCAR even more exposure in Australia. It's rare that we get any imports who are not forty-something European touring car drivers!

jslone
28th January 2008, 04:22
What about any tv coverage????

Hotlavaaaa
28th January 2008, 07:25
You'd think he would have landed in a Ford team. Hopefully he can get some good testing time and show what he can do. Should be interesting to hear him talk about the differences between a V8 Supercar and a Cup car.

Osella
28th January 2008, 13:21
:up: :D

Erki
28th January 2008, 20:52
PI 500?? What happened to Sandown 500? ;(

Cozzie
28th January 2008, 21:41
PI 500?? What happened to Sandown 500? ;(

There was a change in promoter who had different expectations of the circuit, Sandown will still host a sprint round but now Phillip Island will host the enduro.

ShiftingGears
28th January 2008, 23:24
There was a change in promoter who had different expectations of the circuit, Sandown will still host a sprint round but now Phillip Island will host the enduro.

I'm glad about that change. Phillip Island>>>>>>>>>>>Sandown.

Though I wish they still had Pukekohe on the calendar :(

Good luck to Boris, I'll watch out to see how he measures up.

RaceFanStan
29th January 2008, 02:01
The Aussies probably can keep Boris Said as NASCAR doesn't seem to want him ... http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/gr8link/orn/w2.gif

tassiedevilAB
29th January 2008, 02:53
Boris Said has signed with PMM[Paul Morris Motorsport] to run the enduro races in V8 Supercars at the Phillip Island 500 and Bathurst 1000.His agressive style on the road course races should hold him in good stead but he will crap his pants the first time he goes over the top of Mount Panorama I bet. :eek: Good luck to him.Anyone know how this came about?

where did you get the info, i was on the site & it has nothing about this & also couldn't find PMM in the drivers & owners section, did he have a fall out with v8 supercars in the media?

this must be on his official site, seeing that a few forums have already got threads on it?

muggle not
29th January 2008, 03:22
where did you get the info, i was on the site & it has nothing about this & also couldn't find PMM in the drivers & owners section, did he have a fall out with v8 supercars in the media?

this must be on his official site, seeing that a few forums have already got threads on it?
I am also curious to see the link confirming it. I looked on Boris's site and could find nothing.

mercury8
29th January 2008, 05:58
I saw a press release last week and enews has run the story today and says Matt Neal will co drive with Boris.

Haulin'AssAndTurnin Left
29th January 2008, 11:29
as in BTCC Matt Neal?

tassiedevilAB
29th January 2008, 11:58
I saw a press release last week and enews has run the story today and says Matt Neal will co drive with Boris.

this must be the one your talking about?

http://enews.mnews.com.au/

its on page 4 for you guys to look at

tassiedevilAB
29th January 2008, 12:00
as in BTCC Matt Neal?

Yep that him

Tassie Devil
2nd February 2008, 01:01
[quote="mercury8"]
Anyone know how this came about?

Boris Said and Paul Morris have been pals for quite a while. Paul Morris was at Daytona testing a few weeks back with Owen Kelly and Dale Earnhardt Junior (remember little E spent a few days in the off season having a drive at Morris and Marcos Ambrose's V8 Superschool in Australia and he has signed Owen to drive in his Late Model team in 08) Discussions there between Morris and Said eventually led to the Bathurst deal. Said is a great talent, but the guy will absolutely crap himself the first time he gets on the mountain.