PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow's legends?

Azumanga Davo
27th January 2008, 02:53
We all know many famous people from the past have become the best in their field, but in the future who could we consider to be the top of the league as of now?

pino
27th January 2008, 10:37
What league ? :confused:

DonJippo
27th January 2008, 12:19
What league ? :confused:

Any league, your choice...

pino
27th January 2008, 12:49

Gigi Galli then :p :

SEATFreak
27th January 2008, 12:50

Ok...errrr.....The Coca-Cola Championship??

Now, what kind of "field"?? Science or nature??

Rollo
27th January 2008, 13:51
Lewis Hamilton, Casey Stoner immediately spring to mind.

GridGirl
27th January 2008, 16:05
My boss was telling me the next best thing in motorsport is going to be Marcus Erikson the other week. I have no idea if he'll be right or not or if he was just using it as a excuse to mention that we now represent the team he drives for. Doh.

Azumanga Davo
27th January 2008, 16:24
Ugh, league jokes. It's like watching Des O'Connor... :D

And no, Des O'Connor is NOT a rising star. More like rising damp. ;)

Captain VXR
27th January 2008, 17:58
Tom Onlsow-Cole, Mat Jackson, Jonathon Adam

Magnus
27th January 2008, 18:33
Loeb, Tiger Woods, Schumacher, Federer
Bosse of course :)

Hazell B
29th January 2008, 20:01
There was a young lad who's trying for diving medals for England in 2012, who's gotten a good PR friendly manner. I think we'll all know his name within three years then in ten years forget that such a minority sport was ever off our screens. He's called Tom. If we all know his surname within six months, and I'm sure we will, that makes him half way to legend status here :p :

Erki
29th January 2008, 20:11
My boss was telling me the next best thing in motorsport is going to be Marcus Erikson the other week. I have no idea if he'll be right or not or if he was just using it as a excuse to mention that we now represent the team he drives for. Doh.

Sounds like some Formula BMW driver.

Now let me check it...

Erki
29th January 2008, 20:14
Sounds like some Formula BMW driver.

Now let me check it...

http://tv4nyheterna.se/1.97056/sport/2007/04/24/marcus_eriksson_leder_formel_bmw_i_england

Ooooh yes he is! Yeeeeeeehaaaaw!

GridGirl
29th January 2008, 20:21
There was a young lad who's trying for diving medals for England in 2012, who's gotten a good PR friendly manner. I think we'll all know his name within three years then in ten years forget that such a minority sport was ever off our screens. He's called Tom. If we all know his surname within six months, and I'm sure we will, that makes him half way to legend status here :p :

I've seen that kid on tv and he wear braces. I know that has no direct link to his diving abaility but it did get me wondering whether it would hurt if he landed badly.

MrJan
29th January 2008, 20:37
Hamilton could become a name uttered in the same sentence as Senna, Fangio and Schumacher.

Exeter City are already pretty legendary (first team to play a Brazilian national team, 0-0 at Old Trafford, first team to save a penalty at the new Wembley and first red card at new Wembley) but they are bound to go onto greater things ;)

Oh and me, I'm going to be stupidly famous :p :

Andrewmcm
29th January 2008, 20:55

He was on Sports Personality Of The Year and made a top-notch pun about diving having its ups and downs in an amazinlgy deadpan manner. The boy will go far methinks.

ShiftingGears
30th January 2008, 05:36
Mark Webber ;)

Erki
30th January 2008, 08:43
Hamilton could become a name uttered in the same sentence as Senna, Fangio and Schumacher.

Or Villeneuve...

ShiftingGears
3rd February 2008, 10:24
Oh I've got one.

Sir Frank Williams.

SEATFreak
3rd February 2008, 10:50
One sportsperson, away from motorsport, I can think of who perhaps already has one toe in the role of Tomorrows Legend is Roger Fedderer. I am not a fan of it and I don't watch tennis (So I am spared to a lesser degree from seeing those on Henman Hill or Murray Mount or whatever it is called) but I cannot help but admire Fedderer for what he has achieved in tennis over the last 2-3 years or so.

In the world of TV I think you have to look at actors and for me, in soapland, Jack P Shepperd ("Demon" David Platt - Coronation Street) and Charlie Slater (Bradley Branning - Eastenders) rank for me as two in soapland who can go on to inherit the mantle occupied by actors like June Brown (Dot Cotton - Eastenders). They have, despite being so young in acting years, have been able to act so well in so many gritty storylines recently. Elswhere I think the one who took over from Billy Piper as Dr Who's assistant and perhaps even the Doctor himself (David Tennant) could go on to be legends in the sense that they will become exceptional experienced acting talents.