PDA

View Full Version : A few thoughts

JovialJooles
26th January 2008, 20:46
I have supported Rockingham since day one. I was a founder member and haved attended all but 5 of the race weekends since the venue opened.

I was thrilled to see the two Champcar races, and loved watching the ASCARS race around Rockingham and see the pickups develop into a great oval series.

Yes, some things have not turned out quite as one would have wished for, but as has been said on here on numerous occassions by plenty of people, Rockingham is a business and has to make hard business decisions. There are signs for optimism on the business side as Rockingham has seen a return of the BTCC and F3/GTs.

I am saddened that the V8s are in the position they now find themselves, but what I find most disappointing is the bevaviour of several members of this forum who are connected with the series.

I cannot believe what is happening to this forum, and the pathetic behaviour of said members.

I have issued my first two infractions this evening after over two years moderating this forum.

What I have noticed in that time is the reduction in the number of members that post here. Perhaps they like me are tired of the puerile behaviour of certain members of this forum.

Can someone please explain to me how coming onto the forum and bitching and moaning about Sonny/PUTs/Rockingham/BRSCC etc is helping your cause?

All it is doing for me is turning me off SCSA/V8 Trophy. And probably making sure you burn a few more bridges too.

The Pits!
26th January 2008, 22:00
JJ - couldn't agree more. Unfortunately there are a few wretchs in this world who find it easier (and safer) to type rubbish, rather than say it to anyones face.

I have been a supporter of the Rock since it opened. I follow all types of motorsport, but my favourite has always been oval racing - so the Rock was a big deal.

I have been lucky enough to marshal at all the major & minor Oval races at the Rock over the years, and would be very sad to think that this is all history now.

A few people will always try to ruin things for the masses, forums are no different.

Don't get despondent, rise above them, and remember that moderators rule - so go get 'em JJ :)

Reynard
26th January 2008, 22:24
Julian, I have to agree with you. The infractions that have been issued were deserved.

I just wish some folks would just grow up and contribute to the board in a civilised and intelligent manner that does not reflect badly on either the V8s or PUT. By all means put forward your points of view folks, but please refrain from flaming.

You all have been reminded of this before. Please bear it in mind when posting.

english4ever
27th January 2008, 01:42
Julian, I have to agree with you. The infractions that have been issued were deserved.

I just wish some folks would just grow up and contribute to the board in a civilised and intelligent manner that does not reflect badly on either the V8s or PUT. By all means put forward your points of view folks, but please refrain from flaming.

You all have been reminded of this before. Please bear it in mind when posting.

well i am one of those people that have the infractions. I do not think that it was deserved but ah well thats life. Freedom of speech and all.

english4ever
27th January 2008, 02:02
well i am one of those people that have the infractions. I do not think that it was deserved but ah well thats life. Freedom of speech and all.

JovialJooles

Join Date: Aug 2001 You have received an infraction at Motorsport Forums - 26th Jan 08, 20:29

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear english4ever,

You have received an infraction at Motorsport Forums.

http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums//showthread.php?p=413476

Reason: Signature Rule Violation
-------
You may not have posted the mesage, but quoting it and agreeing with it has won you an infraction.

Given your recent history of posting whilst drunk, it might be advisable to wait until you are sober before posting. If not, I suspect english4ever will go the same way as Tractorboy.
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

All the best,
Motorsport Forums

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interested in becoming a marshal?
Click here - http://www.marshals.co.uk/index.php

Woo Yay look what i've got i wonder who else has one, i bet they feel as privaleged as i do.......

JovialJooles
27th January 2008, 10:27
Nice to see you chose to post your Personal Message from me about your infraction!

Thanks also for your two PMs last night... ;)

I love the way the old nutmeg about 'Free Speech' gets dragged out on occassions like this. :rotflmao:

The issue is the way things are said, and insulting members and aggressive behaviour is not tolerated on any of the forums. Period.

SteveA
27th January 2008, 12:03
Of course, there are many restrictions on "free speech". We all know the one about not falsly shouting "fire!" in a crowded theatre, but there are some more restrictions listed here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_speech

Its Wikipedia, so a pinch of salt is required (but not more than 6g!)

But free speech doesn't really apply in forums like this, anyway. They're not really "public" forums, they're "private" forums, and when you sign up you agree to the "rules" which may limit what you would normally expect to be able to say in public.

A similar situation exists in the workplace. People bang on about it being a free country, and living in a democracy, but your workplace is not a democracy, its a hierarchical dictatorship and you sign away many of your rights to "free speech" when you sign your contract. (Of course your human rights and employee protection rights are not affected)

If you really want a forum to say what you like, try usenet. The only problem with usenet, however, is too many people excersice their "freedom of speech" so its just a constant stream of noise.

Gasman#99
27th January 2008, 12:23
Me, kjb and tractorboy know some very very good news but as we have restrictions on here with FREE SPEECH, im afraid we cant tell you, but im sure you will all find out in a couple of months.
p.s. i dont find it offencive what tractor boy or anyone has to put on here, after all, were british, were a free counrty, we have free speech.
If people dont like whats put on here then they dont have to visit the forum.

acorn
27th January 2008, 13:07
Me, kjb and tractorboy know some very very good news but as we have restrictions on here with FREE SPEECH, im afraid we cant tell you, but im sure you will all find out in a couple of months.

if the news is to do with the series it's best coming from the series spokesperson as an official release at the right time ie is confirmed news, does not jeopardise any ongoing negotiations or pre-empt any partner announcements.

JovialJooles
27th January 2008, 14:11
I really am getting very tired of this.

There are no restrictions on free speech on this forum, just an acceptable use policy.

It's a shame that some members are incapable of ensuring that their posts are within the bounds of acceptable behaviour.

I think some members of this forum have forgoten or probably don't even know that this is a fans forum.

It has never been and will not be an official forum of Rockingham or SCSA.

Therefore, if someone has an opinion that does not sit well with Rockingham or SCSA, then so be it.

The fans are the people who pay to come and watch the sport and can ensure that it grows. And the fans are the focus of this forum, not team members who have an axe to grind.

JovialJooles
27th January 2008, 14:15
Me, kjb and tractorboy know some very very good news but as we have restrictions on here with FREE SPEECH, im afraid we cant tell you,...

Absolute rubbish, there are no restrictions on here, as you know full well.

If you want to blurt out the news on this forum before Duane has made his announcement, please be my guest.

You must have a pretty big shovel, 'cos this is one mighty hole you are digging!

Erm, YOU are missing the point of this forum. It is YOU who does not need to visit the forum if you don't like what people are saying.

THIS IS A FAN FORUM. Not a forum for SCSA team members to spout bile and vitreol at everyone else.

kjb
27th January 2008, 14:45
isnt it funny how a small comment can turn into a big issue! time for people to calm down and have a nice sunday of chilling out and maybe even man u getting beat at home on bbc 1 (p.s it did get some pulses going!) LOL ;-)

Reynard
27th January 2008, 16:53
p.s. i dont find it offencive what tractor boy or anyone has to put on here, after all, were british, were a free counrty, we have free speech.

Sorry, it's not about free speech. It is about MANNERS and COURTESY and DISCRETION. Some information folks may have at this moment in time is not for public consumption; it is up to those people to practice discretion and not divulge such. For those of you "in the know" it is your responsability to keep such information to yourselves as until it is released into the public domain.

You all agreed to an acceptable use policy when you jouned this message board, so please bear this in mind when posting on the board and interacting with other members.

JDPower
27th January 2008, 17:01
For those of you "in the know" it is your responsability to keep such information to yourselves as until it is released into the public domain.
...and not descend into childish "We know something you don't know" comments :rolleyes:

kjb
27th January 2008, 20:48
come on witty, stop kicking up old dust will ya LOL, and as for jd power less of the name calling (ie the "childish" comments) chin up folks!!!

The Pits!
27th January 2008, 20:49
Sorry, it's not about free speech. It is about MANNERS and COURTESY and DISCRETION....You all agreed to an acceptable use policy when you joined this message board, so please bear this in mind when posting on the board and interacting with other members.

and if you don't like it don't post.

and if you do post outside of the rules, expect to be banned

kjb
27th January 2008, 20:57
you cant help yourself either the pits, let it lie dude!!!

The Pits!
27th January 2008, 21:26
you cant help yourself either the pits, let it lie dude!!!
Hey Mods - Time to lock this thread me'thinks - the trolls are back

ASCAR24/7/365.5
27th January 2008, 21:50
its slightly off topic but you know what erally pisses me off, while you lot are on here bickereing and having a slagging match other people have bigger things to worry about. for all of us involved in drag racing we heard of a tragic story this morning that top fuel racer doug herberts 2 sons were killed instantly in a road accident yesterday at the age of 17 and 12....i know it has nothing to do with this thread but it kinda puts things in perspective and makes you realise how pathetic you all can be at times...rant over

sorry im not drunk, just upset at such a sad loss of life.