PDA

View Full Version : Rockingham - a waste

107miler
25th January 2008, 20:04
May 2001. Rockingham Motor Speedway opens. One and half mile oval speedway, the first purpose built race circuit to open in the country for years. Over 10 years in the planning, over 2 years to build. Over 50,000 all seater capacity with modern facilities. Fanfare of bringing top quality oval racing to the UK.

2001 and 2002 attracts CART series racing thrilling the crowds. Ascar racing developed leading to Days of Thunder events attracting top singing artists, large crowds, TV coverage and top level oval racing. All agree a fantastic venue.

Minimal number of local residents register some protests.

Circuit sold to Corby and limited to six meetings a year. Ban on flying displays as part of the entertainment. Proposal to build houses nearby.

Pickups and Ascars (SCSA) continue to entertain the crowds but crowds dwindling and Ascar numbers dwindling.

2008 - will have just 4 races on the full oval with no Ascar (SCSA) involvement. 6 meetings during the year with one of those a car club event and one a festival.

So there we have it. A magnificent one and a half mile oval hardly being used and certainly not for what it was really designed for.

What a waste, utter madness, a crying shame. We had something so good, so entertaining, something we all looked really forward to going to. We kept the faith but now what have we got? Isn’t it just so typical of this country. 10 years in the planning, where surely all local issues should have been sorted out at that time, but now what it was really designed for it no longer caters for. Absolutely ridiculous.

Spoken from the heart! Sorry.

kjb
25th January 2008, 20:21
got to agree with you, we should have longer races and even night racing by now not very little racing at all

racing59
25th January 2008, 20:23
The article in Autosport was more "positive" than usual. I wonder if Jeff's been paying them!

There were too many things wrong.

Money wasted in the wrong areas paying superstar drivers who were never going to stay when their contract ended, and some who left before their contract ended. "Teams" that were really RMS operations running on open chequebooks.

Then, following the sale, a man saying that he wants the stands full, wants to see the place buzzing, and they do no marketing to speak of. They talk of throwing money at another championship, making it 30+ cars, then do nothing (and that series also lost it's championship status!). Lots of talk. Lots of finger pointing. Lots of back stabbing. It's on, It's off.

It's in a mess.

They need to hire John Webb (former head honcho at Brands Hatch when the place was full, the championships good and exciting) to take overall control, and give him a sensible budget to turn it around. He's somewhere in Spain. Jonathon Palmer has his number!

Also, create a link from T1 to T4 to make a short oval of just about 1 mile as an "option" to the existing "speedway".

That is my opinion.

Rob.

JDPower
25th January 2008, 20:25
Agreed. And Rockingham are hardly helping themselves - anyone else get the Rock email today, season pas only £99!!! I actually laughed out loud!

JDPower
25th January 2008, 20:28
They need to hire John Webb (former head honcho at Brands Hatch when the place was full, the championships good and exciting) to take overall control, and give him a sensible budget to turn it around. He's somewhere in Spain. Jonathon Palmer has his number!
Or just cut out the middleman and let Palmer take over Rockingham, he's certainly done the biz at his other circuits in recent years.

hicksy
25th January 2008, 21:30
Or just cut out the middleman and let Palmer take over Rockingham, he's certainly done the biz at his other circuits in recent years.

Got to agree with that. I personally think that is a great idea. :up:

fastbob
25th January 2008, 22:28
What a waste, utter madness, a crying shame. We had something so good, so entertaining, something we all looked really forward to going to. We kept the faith but now what have we got? Isn’t it just so typical of this country. 10 years in the planning, where surely all local issues should have been sorted out at that time, but now what it was really designed for it no longer caters for. Absolutely ridiculous.

As most people know I have supported Rockingham, ASCAR, DOT,SCSA, V8 Trophy and PTR through everything, and I would love the glory years to have continued ...... but how can you guy's continue to spew out such rubbish!

Rockingham is a business.... it is responsible to it's owners/share holders.... not you/me/this forum/any race driver or series. The people in charge make their decisions for business reasons alone!! Regardless of wether they are right or wrong, popular or unpopular!!

75% of the posts on this forum are people moaning about Rockingham.... if you think you can do better buy the damn place, if you really feel running cars on the Oval is the best business model for the site then why not get a business plan.... get the backing and buy the place. Put your money where your typing fingers are (mouth didn't seem to fit).

kjb
25th January 2008, 22:41
bob just stick to your f***ing pick ups mate! the fact they threw money at the "big names and teams" is where they went wrong in the first place, if they bothered to continue in the direction of "entertainment" and building the grid sizes sensibly and pushing for varied race lengths and times (night time or eves) then the place would be buzzing in my opinion!

Gasman#99
25th January 2008, 22:43
As most people know I have supported Rockingham, ASCAR, DOT,SCSA, V8 Trophy and PTR through everything, and I would love the glory years to have continued ...... but how can you guy's continue to spew out such rubbish!

Rockingham is a business.... it is responsible to it's owners/share holders.... not you/me/this forum/any race driver or series. The people in charge make their decisions for business reasons alone!! Regardless of wether they are right or wrong, popular or unpopular!!

75% of the posts on this forum are people moaning about Rockingham.... if you think you can do better buy the damn place, if you really feel running cars on the Oval is the best business model for the site then why not get a business plan.... get the backing and buy the place. Put your money where your typing fingers are (mouth didn't seem to fit).
I dont want to start anything, but how would you feel if the shoe was on the other foot, what if the put's only ever raced at rockingham on the oval and then no more. Im sure you would be on here just like the minority of scsa fans.

kjb
25th January 2008, 22:49
and bob as for supporting scsa through everything, i seem to recall when the going got tough at kr racing you got going! (to the PUT's) the fact of the matter is we all want the same thing and thats to have some really great memories to look back at in the future and the way its heading these are gonna be memories alright but a lot shorter than we thought!

Gasman#99
25th January 2008, 22:55
I wonder how the format will work now without the v8's at rockingham, i suppose they could sell tickets letting joe public in at 12 noon, do practice, qualifying and both races within 2 hours and then go home! unless they run it like they did with the v8's-
let joe public in at 9am sunday
then tell them they decided to have the first race on saturday
then as joe public come in at say about 11am as they didnt want to watch the crap races, and the main event is in the programme is stated as race at 12 noon, tell them it was bought forward as it was "beyond there control".
oh and you could allways kick the put's out of the garages so it looks crap from the main stand and replace them in the garages with lets say ummmm
a 12 year old so called cheer leader, 1 in each garage.

Gasman#99
25th January 2008, 22:57
the fact of the matter is we all want the same thing and thats to have some really great memories to look back at in the future and the way its heading these are gonna be memories alright but a lot shorter than we thought!
short good memories and long bitter memories

fastbob
25th January 2008, 23:10
For the record i'm not sticking with Pick Ups.... further to that when I left KRRacing it was to enter an ASCAR with Mtec..... things never worked out that way.....

I see nothing that changes my opinion ( people hurling personal abuse or other wise). To my recollection at least 5 different people have tried running Rockingham so far ( could be wrong on number, but it makes no difference). They've all tried a things a little different.... outcome has been cars on Oval is expensive for someone!! Who's gonna pay?

Like i said its not about me or anyone else on forum....either we can't afford to do the job.... or haven't got the inclination to change enough to make a difference!

JDPower
25th January 2008, 23:23
To my recollection at least 5 different people have tried running Rockingham so far
Well there's one problem right there.

english4ever
26th January 2008, 02:05
bob just stick to your f***ing pick ups mate! the fact they threw money at the "big names and teams" is where they went wrong in the first place, if they bothered to continue in the direction of "entertainment" and building the grid sizes sensibly and pushing for varied race lengths and times (night time or eves) then the place would be buzzing in my opinion!

Amen.

english4ever
26th January 2008, 02:15

Although very drunk i am i am being good and not going to comment on this matter!! so much as i'd like to comment on this conversation i've promised myself not to get in any more trouble and get another ban on this forum!! I agree with Kev 100% they did throw money away with the "big teams and such" but that was then and now we are in 2008 so lets move on and have some fun Woooooooooooooooooooo Hooooooooooo Boogity Boogity Boogity Lets go racing boys!!!! P.S the Dun Cow B darts team lost tonight 8-1 to be precise!!! never mind we will fight another day!!! so good night and god bless. And may we go back to Miami to watch Nascar again!!!!!

The man formerly known as Tractorboy....

p.p.s Dun Cow B are we!!!!

and i edited it cause i spelt tractorboy wrong i am drunk after all yeop la la la la la!!!

Abo
26th January 2008, 12:00
I wonder how the format will work now without the v8's at rockingham, i suppose they could sell tickets letting joe public in at 12 noon, do practice, qualifying and both races within 2 hours and then go home! unless they run it like they did with the v8's-
let joe public in at 9am sunday
then tell them they decided to have the first race on saturday
then as joe public come in at say about 11am as they didnt want to watch the crap races, and the main event is in the programme is stated as race at 12 noon, tell them it was bought forward as it was "beyond there control".
oh and you could allways kick the put's out of the garages so it looks crap from the main stand and replace them in the garages with lets say ummmm
a 12 year old so called cheer leader, 1 in each garage.

You are being a bit of a bellend now...

Nick Brad
26th January 2008, 12:03
Tip: try and focus on your sig for 5 mins, then type. You should be able to avoid misspelling it then even with a gutful of booze. :laugh:

quorky
26th January 2008, 14:10
if the rock carrys on like this some fink will give .less racing wots that tell u

foxystoat
26th January 2008, 16:40
Best facility in the country & most under used for motor racing. Why on earth the SCSA's aren't racing there but going to road courses is beyond a joke.
Ideally we would have 3 oval series by now the V8's,PUT & a single seater formulae. 6 Races on a sunday once a month 7 meeting's a year.
Add to that BTCC ,F3's & GT's Superbikes. A total of at least 10 big events not 4 smallish ones & BTCC.
You really have to question the way the place is going, it is such a crying shame for all motorsport fans.

bertje
26th January 2008, 17:49
Hope
http://www.allstars-v8cup.com/

Reynard
26th January 2008, 17:56
Guys, keep it cool and calm please - remember, some issues are NOT for the public domain. However if you do wish to keep shovelling manure at each other, you're welcome to visit mine. I have a muck heap that wants shifting and I'll be quite happy to let you do that.

foxystoat
26th January 2008, 18:05
Hope
http://www.allstars-v8cup.com/

Is that actually going to happen ? wish I had paid more attention in french lessons now so I could understand it !

kjb
26th January 2008, 18:36
well acccording to the french v8 series there on the same weekend as the BTCC 12/13 april + aug 23/24th + oct 19/20th , well makes you wonder does it not?

kjb
26th January 2008, 18:37
also check the names who are booked to drive (not too sure if there driving the full season though or just guest rides) some famous names it would appear!

Jeff Carter
26th January 2008, 20:11
Rockingham is a business....

Hallelujah - someone has finally hit the proverbial nail firmly on the head!

I have more to gripe about than anyone else here on this forum but I don't. I spent 5 years trying to promote Rockingham to a very sceptical public and for a while, as pointed out earlier, the people came.

HOWEVER, the money that was spent doing this in the first few years was phenomenal and completely unsustainable without a major sponsor coming on board. This nearly did happen, but in this game nearly is not good enough.

The result was SCSA was hived off and told to stand on its own two feet, with the money supply from Rockingham turned off. The circuit was sold to CDL and some of the long term staff had to find other employment - myself included.

CART was great but cost Rockingham a major 7 figure sum in the two years they ran it. ASCAR probably cost the business a lot more than that from 2001 to 2005.

While I'm not particularly chuffed about the way it turned out, Rockingham is a business and the current management are continuing with motorsport in a manner that doesn't put a strain on the business as a whole, and I for one applaud and support that. If it had continued the other way, Rockingham would probably be closed by now.

Yes we'd like to see V8's on the oval but the public in this country don't want to pay to come and see that type of racing in large enough numbers to make it pay its way - FACT!

Stopping knocking Rockingham. In fact if it wasn't for Rockingham ASCAR would've died in 2001 when it went bust. Rockingham saved it, breathed life into it and for a while we showed the rest of UK motorsport that a race meeting could be entertaining for both motorsport fans and the public as a whole. Unfortunately it didn't turn out the way any of us would've wanted - sad but true.

I'm fed up of members of this forum bleating about how unfair life is. Make the best of the cards you have been dealt with and get on with your life.

Jeff

Speedworx
26th January 2008, 20:33
Rockingham isn't the only oval not used. Eurospeedway oval is hardly used these days either.

Welkom oval never got used at all.

Calder Park is not used for racing.

Duane
26th January 2008, 20:48
Jeff is right and i know how hard he worked with us as a series back then, the thing is that restructuring the track over the past two years did need to happen but how did stopping the V8's having pit stops, not allowing us to have more laps than the pick ups and moving us out of the garages help with the cost cutting at the track.

How would you, Jeff, of been able to market the series in 2003 if there was no show allowed and the support series had to look better than the "Headline" series you was working with.

"If" last year we was allowed 50 lap races, to form up coming out of the front of the gararges and change tyres during the race, how would that of cost the track any money ???? indeed we would of had more cars on track thus bringing in more registrations for the BRSCC.

I have no idea how it will work out at the track in 2008 but im sure all the stops will be pulled out to make sure it looks like we wount be missed or else someone will end up with alot of egg on their face.

Good luck to the track, right now i have 5 years of bad taste left in my mouth.

Duane

The Pits!
26th January 2008, 21:46
Having seen JJ's thread, I thought I'd re-read this one - and I am disgusted with some of the comments I found!

Hooray for JeffC and Duane for their sensible views.

I have officiated at the Rock since the inaugural 'behind closed-doors' system-check meeting. Unfortunately it has been an uphill struggle to convince the general paying public that an Oval can provide entertaining racing. Because of this it has always run at a loss, so over the years many changes have been made in an effort to make it more viable.

Whilst not all the blame can be levelled at the Rock, unfortunately our first love has been a victim, and at the end of every season we have found ourselves wondering if it will be back for the next.

I hope that 2008 is the final re-build year, and that ASCAR/SCSA/V8 Trophy/(whatever) comes back to the Rock full-time even stronger in 2009

Putting on a show around the country hopefully will get the message across to potential sponsors that it really ISN'T that expensive, and that more cars means it actually becomes cheaper.

So don't harp on the past - look to the future - support your favourite motorsport - don't knock it

foxystoat
26th January 2008, 22:01
How much more expensive is it for the V8's to race at Rockingham compared to other tracks with the alterations needed for road racing ?
Jeff says the public don't come in enough numbers to make it pay .Do they for any mmotorsport series ? Is it not mainly down to drivers funding it themselves thru sponsorship not people paying at the gate that keeps cars on track ?

The Pits!
26th January 2008, 22:21
Depends on the venue, club and series, but generally the organising club charges the series/drivers money which they use to pay the owner for the hire of their circuit. Gate money can go to either or split between organiser and owner.

A Club - BARC/BRSCC/etc - bids to run a series/meeting, so they have estimated how much it will cost them, and how much profit they can make. Sometimes they get it wrong - and I'm not talking SCSA here.

Obviously the V8's must have done their sums, and believe 2008 will be cheaper by becoming part of another package, which unfortunately for us does not run at the Rock.

At the end of the day everyone is part of the money-jigsaw

racing59
26th January 2008, 23:03
Here's how it works (normally)

The club hires the circuit for the day. Brands Indy - circa £20K.

The circuit owner has the gate money.

The club charges entry fees, or "sells the track time". IE: the competitor pays.

The club has no need to market the meeting. Why should it - it's money down the drain. Any extra ticket sales goes to the circuit.

The circuit has no intention of marketing the meeting - it's just had a big fat cheque from the club for providing it's facilities. It will make some money from the concessions, and a few ticket sales, but that's all.

Life goes on, people complain about the cost of the sport (entry fees etc..) sponsors are not interested because there's no exposure.

The other "way", is the clubs provide the championships, the circuit picks the stuff that the think will draw the crowd, they run and market the meeting, hopefully, if they've done their job right - getting a major media sponsor onboard helps - they fill the spectator area for a reasonable ticket price that doesn't leave a bad taste in the mouth. The racing is good, the crowd are happy, the sponsors are happy, and the circuit has a big pile of cash to count. It means that they need more staff to run the meeting for crowd control. They may have to pay plod for traffic control. Overall, if they get the thing right, they're quids in. The competitors - well they race for free, maybe with start money, and prize money!!
It's called PROMOTION.

That takes (a) B*lls, and (b) Money behind you.

Sadly, in this country nobody in the right position appears to have (a) and are unwilling to spend (b).

The only way that the sport will change in Europe is when Brian France brings the circus to town.

Until then, we'll suffer the legacy of Nicola Foulston (with her mis-management team) and the destruction that she caused the sport after her father was tragically lost.

Those who know, will remember John Webb. He was the last person to take the sport to the public by creating championships that excited people, and marketed them to the point where they had a big following.

I would say that Roger Etcell and our very own Jeff Carter, are the latest people to try and buck the trend with Powernights. Hopefully, one day, they'll be allowed to hold championship races at their meetings. I must say, I'm enthusiastic about them, and wish I could be more involved.

As for the oval. I've had enough of the bickering about it. It's a great asset to Corby, Northamptonshire, and Great Britain. Just a pity it's hardly being used.

The all-stars-cup - well what can I say. After studying the website, I must really *dream* something up the same. ASCE comes to mind.

Rob.

kjb
27th January 2008, 00:19
would i be right in saying that the allstars v8's are running on the infield circuit (well one of the infield tracks)and not the oval it would appear?

JDPower
27th January 2008, 06:16
would i be right in saying that the allstars v8's are running on the infield circuit (well one of the infield tracks)and not the oval it would appear?
Well the Rock circuit configuration on the site is one of the inner infield courses, not even using part of the oval as part of the road course. Strange.

foxystoat
27th January 2008, 08:39
It's a shame that with multi milllionaires/billionaires falling over themselves to buy any old football team from the top 2 divisions, there is no one out there who wouldn't mind spending some of their loose change to make Rockingham & Oval racing an attractive proposition for drivers & fans alike once more.

racing59
27th January 2008, 09:49

Going by the way the site is made, which is pics taken from other websites and no original content, that image is the only one easily found that doesn't show the "circuit layout" using part of the oval. IE: it shows the oval on it's own, but your eyes are taken to the red line, not the oval layout.

IMHO, the whole thing is one big red herring, a windup, a dream, a figment of someone's vivid imagination.

The only factual information on the site are the details of how to run at Warneton on one of their arrive-and-drive rookie-type training/race weekends.

Jeff Carter
27th January 2008, 10:59
It's a shame that with multi milllionaires/billionaires falling over themselves to buy any old football team from the top 2 divisions, there is no one out there who wouldn't mind spending some of their loose change to make Rockingham & Oval racing an attractive proposition for drivers & fans alike once more.

There was a billionaire who put his hand in his pocket - Guy Hands. He ended up losing millions and bailed out so he didn't lose anymore money.

To your other point, football is a completely different ball game (excuse the pun) and even division one teams have a multi million pound turnover, tv amd thousands of dedicated fans who turn out to watch week in week out in all weathers. Motorsport doesn't attract that sort of support and as such wont attract the lucrative money that football does.

As Rob points out the motorsport business as a whole in the UK needs to change direction quickly and start providing entertainment for the whole family to enjoy but this is going to take time and a lot of money. Rockingham were the pioneers with music and other family attractions but the money ran out before it could turn a profit. The other reason is Motorosport politics - there are too many powerful people in the industry that can't see this or don't want to see this happen. It's the 'we've always done it this way and why should we change' syndrome - a state of mind I hate with a passion.

Abo
27th January 2008, 13:02
As Rob points out the motorsport business as a whole in the UK needs to change direction quickly and start providing entertainment for the whole family to enjoy

Dunno about that one Jeff, motorsport in the UK does not 'need' to do anything as long as there are a string of people willing to put their hands in their pockets to pay for track time...

Jeff Carter
27th January 2008, 13:25
Dunno about that one Jeff, motorsport in the UK does not 'need' to do anything as long as there are a string of people willing to put their hands in their pockets to pay for track time...

That's OK for club level motorsport but when you are talking BTCC / F3 /GT level sponsors demand a good crowd at an event and the only way you are going toget a good crowd is by providing a full day of entertainment that doesn't just include racing on the circuit.

Todays punter requires a lot more. Your average motorsport fan is contented to sit and watch a full day of track action but I'm afraid there aren't enough of the dedicated fans to make motorsport at that level financially viable - as has been proven here.

POWERnights has been set up so we as a company hire the facilities from Silverstone and then take the gate money. It's a no brainer for the circuit as they get their hire fee and we get to make the profit (or loss) by putting on the entertainment we think the average member of the public wants to see. We're also doing this with the Silverstone Classic, which we're just signed a 5 year deal with Silverstone to run.

Rockingham proved you can attract a new crowd to watch motorsport but unfortunately the business model was flawed. However there are others out there willing to take on the challenge.

If we are content to just run club level motorsport then I would agree with your post Abo. However I for one want motorsport to be on a par with soccer, rugby and cricket as a choice for people to want to spend their hard earned watching.

Jeff

timtime
27th January 2008, 18:06
Santa Pod have adopted the attractions for all the family type approach and the gates have been very rewarding for them. It did not sit well with some of the die hards but the Fun Fair, side shows, Monster Truck Racing etc opened up to a whole new audience. It was no longer just an appealing venue to the Drag Racing fan but to his wife and kids as well particularly those who go for the whole weekend.

There is also a greater diversity of meetings and the gates on some of these such as the USC are phenomenal. Despite the weather last year still had some highlights right up the Flame and Thunder which is basically few Drag demonstrations, stunt shows and fireworks and the venue was full. The gates had to be shut and the road closed to stop anymore people trying to reach it. Santa Pod though havent rested on their laurels they will be doing the Sat show as normal but also an event on the 5th which is really purely aimed at the people local to the venue. Forward thinking or capitalising there are many views but time will tell.

The entertainment approach has worked there and it was only the flaws that stopped it working at Rockingham I think. The only one I never understood was 50 Cent, whilst the costs invloved in getting him must have been exceptional I was really surprised that the 50 Cent fans didnt support that one to the hilt at the time when he was at the top of his game. I can only surmise if it had been perhaps a headline rock act then the fans might have been more open to an outside festival "style" performance venue.

Tim

car20
27th January 2008, 18:55
I must say that since the fun fair's and other entertainment has stopped,
my other half and son have been a little less interested in coming.. they are not big race fans apart from P.U.T and the v8's...only thing they will sit still long enough to watch, SO hence going to rockingham has become a litle hard work, with a few stalls to buy stuff, must admit that the brscc attempts to get more into rockingham was too me quiet good gave other half's some thing to do.... AND one thing i might note they spend alot more than what i do I MEAN MY KID DRINKS LIKE FISH can't wait till he gets old enough to really drink :rolleyes:

jeff and others are right in that motorsport in this country won't survive without branching to the unconverted.

f1 have there hard core as do btcc... V8 and oval do to a point but to so called proper racing fans does'nt do much to raise an eyebrow,,

even my local rugby league club has started doing cheerleaders to atcract different fans much to annoyance to the regulars but it put an extra 300 on the gate last game....fluke we will have to see..

R3ROK
27th January 2008, 19:06
Stick a couple of signs up near the entrance or advertise in the local press towards the end of March saying 'CAR BOOT HERE EVERY SATURDAY AND SUNDAY'......you will have 1000's of punters onsite within a couple of hours.......sorted.

On a more serious note just had my letter from the BRSCC offering me a season ticket via Rockingham for £99 + booking fee....BRSCC are only running one meeting this year.......don't think i'm going for it this year but maybe just pay on the gate if I decide to go.....very sad :(

John

Nick Brad
27th January 2008, 19:25
Jeff, any chance of you popping down to the #59 area at the Powernights event/events, we only had the chance to meet once before, that being at Brands of all places lol.

With the setup you have, if it's a success at Silverstone do you think there may be a chance of a Powernight's Rockingham in the future? (I know the issues with kerfews, but surely a saturday event could take place.)

The Pits!
27th January 2008, 20:44
... just had my letter from the BRSCC offering me a season ticket via Rockingham for £99 + booking fee....BRSCC are only running one meeting this year - John
Three actually - including 1 PuTs - so far :)

R3ROK
27th January 2008, 21:00
The letter I have says...... ''As the BRSCC are only running one meeting at Rockingham this season we will not be issuing a season pass....."

The meeting they are refering to is the 12th/13th July and the tickets will be handled by Rockingham ticket agency.

What are the other 2 then mate?

kjb
27th January 2008, 21:03
the brscc site doesnt state any meetings at the rock?

The Pits!
27th January 2008, 21:22
What are the other 2 then mate?

24/25/26 May F3/GT
7/8 June
12/13 Jul

JDPower
27th January 2008, 23:07
On a more serious note just had my letter from the BRSCC offering me a season ticket via Rockingham for £99 + booking fee....BRSCC are only running one meeting this year.......don't think i'm going for it this year
If you read the letter correctly it states they are not offering a season pass due to only running one meeting at Rockingham where Rockingham are handling ticketing. The season pass being offered is a Rockingham pass, from Rockingham, qoute - "...to cover all 6 meetings at the venue in 2008"

Dave17
28th January 2008, 15:57
I don't know if it makes any differance but the 7/8 June meeting the BRSCC are running is for the CSCC (classic sports car club) which will incorperate races for the JEC (Jaguar Enthusiasts' Club)
Hordes of XJS/6/12/saloons lurching into T1 should be a sight!

R3ROK
28th January 2008, 16:58
If you read the letter correctly it states they are not offering a season pass due to only running one meeting at Rockingham where Rockingham are handling ticketing. The season pass being offered is a Rockingham pass, from Rockingham, qoute - "...to cover all 6 meetings at the venue in 2008"

Thanks for clearing that up for me JD......trust me not to read it correctly ;)
..and thanks The Pits! for the other dates.
I'll get back under my stone :)

Nick Brad
28th January 2008, 18:55
I'll be at Rockingham when the pickups are, otherwise I shalln't apart from the F3 meet if that's seperate and that's only because of Jeff's involvement, not because I like the cars or racing.

Haulin'AssAndTurnin Left
29th January 2008, 22:03
The rocks down fall was the lack of promotion of the racing. What i believe would have helped is racing on different tracks like Brands etc. traveling the country to different markets. Once poeple hear the V8's and see the racing they wont want to go back to 4bangers.

I also know that it wasnt gonna happen that way. Send on dragons den for ****s sake.

JovialJooles
30th January 2008, 10:44
The rocks down fall was the lack of promotion of the racing. What i believe would have helped is racing on different tracks like Brands etc. traveling the country to different markets. Once poeple hear the V8's and see the racing they wont want to go back to 4bangers.

I also know that it wasnt gonna happen that way. Send on dragons den for ****s sake.

The Rock on the back of a truck, traveling the country to different markets, that I would pay to see... :p

Haulin'AssAndTurnin Left
30th January 2008, 11:06
The Rock on the back of a truck, traveling the country to different markets, that I would pay to see... :p

I meant consumer markets. But your idea sounds better :D