PDA

View Full Version : RIP Heath Ledger

Azumanga Davo
23rd January 2008, 11:48
Surprised no threads on this yet, but yes, at the age of a very young 28, Heath Ledger found dead in his apartment:

http://www.google.com.au/aclk?sa=L&ai=BCgX-SCmXR8bnI6TusAL92pQ39LDpNZSCtusFn6q9C8C4AggAEAEYAT gAUNGDx6P7_____wFgpaiqgKgByAEBqQIKCZNINB-tPsgCiPa-A9kDUdWrPQJsZgo&q=http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23095463-2,00.html%3FCMP%3DKNC-google&sig=AGiWqtwRjK3plgzkFLJifArFAPqIRR5fcA

slinkster
23rd January 2008, 12:14
Yeah just heard about this... kinda shocking really. Always seemed very down to earth and kean to stay out the limelight too much.

Very sad news.

GridGirl
23rd January 2008, 13:08
I remember watching him in Home and Away years ago.

RIP

millencolin
23rd January 2008, 13:11
when i turned on the Today show this morning, the news was just breaking and it was such a shock! He was way too young.... very heartbreaking

Such a loss, he was a very talented actor.

RIP Heath

Schultz
23rd January 2008, 13:19
Some deaths don't come as a surprise. Others are like Heath Ledgers. Utterly shocking and unbelievable. Heart goes out to his family and friends.

A.F.F.
23rd January 2008, 20:17
Yep, saw that last night :(

Two movies he managed to make or at least one. The Joker in the new Batman movie The Dark Knight.

jso1985
23rd January 2008, 22:41
RIP Heath

a real shame, he was a really talelented actor

LeonBrooke
24th January 2008, 08:07
Very sad :(

In his prime, always a tragedy. And leaving a small daughter too. :( sympathies to his family.

Rudy Tamasz
24th January 2008, 08:19
RIP Heath, another fallen hero of showbiz.

SEATFreak
24th January 2008, 13:49
Didn't really come as a surprise to me because I never knew him; not that much of a movie buff so I never saw him in any role, though I will be seeing him in the new Batman movie, but everything I am hearing about him was very strongly positive. He was hailed as a very strong up-and-comer with a hell of a lot of potential and promise and so with that in my mind it does come as a very upsetting shock to me and the seeming outpouring of sadness in Hollywood cannot go un-noticed by me.

The mould was broken when he was made. He will be missed for a very long time to come.

RIP Mr Heath. :(

Daniel
24th January 2008, 23:42
http://thinkprogress.org/2008/01/23/gibson-mocks-ledger/ What a jackass......

Camelopard
25th January 2008, 03:21
I believe that John Gibson is very popular in southern Florida.

Azumanga Davo
25th January 2008, 10:13
Not Germaine Greer again, is it? :D

*looks at article*

Oh, the female equivalent of. Never mind... :(

Daniel
25th January 2008, 10:14
Not Germaine Greer again, is it? :D

*looks at article*

Oh, the female equivalent of. Never mind... :(

In no way is Germaine Greer the female equivalent of that slime.

Camelopard
25th January 2008, 10:39
I'm lead to believe that John Gibson and his programme have a huge following in southern Florida :rolleyes: .

Azumanga Davo
25th January 2008, 16:02
I would have thought John Gibson was the female equivalent of Germaine. Or if there was a more genetically modified version of her specifically "bred" (ewww, kick's Oily's retired cat in horror) to be more vitriolic...

Huge following eh? Lynch mob following would have made more sense to me...

Who let's these fools on the air?

Daniel
25th January 2008, 17:02
I would have thought John Gibson was the female equivalent of Germaine. Or if there was a more genetically modified version of her specifically "bred" (ewww, kick's Oily's retired cat in horror) to be more vitriolic...

Huge following eh? Lynch mob following would have made more sense to me...

Who let's these fools on the air?

You would have thought wrong then. If you think Germaine Greer dish out "vitriol" to Steve Irwin then you (and a lot of the people on this forum for that matter) have no idea what vitriol is.

Nick Brad
25th January 2008, 17:05
I too was sad to hear about his death, imagine what it was like trying to tell my missus he'd died as she's a huge fan. I got called all sorts of names until I showed her it on the news, then all I got was tears.

He was a great actor who will be sorely missed.

Hazell B
25th January 2008, 20:25
I happened to see a passing bit of scrolling news saying "..... the Brokeback Mountain star's death ....." and was then far too shocked to read beyond the teletext headline of "Heath Ledger Dead"

Never in my life have a shed a tear over the death of somebody I've never met, until this. He was the best under 30 actor by a thousand miles, mainly hidden away on indie films few people were interested in. We've been robbed of many years of future rolls that would have moved us all at some point in our lives.

RIP

Azumanga Davo
26th January 2008, 02:36
You would have thought wrong then. If you think Germaine Greer dish out "vitriol" to Steve Irwin then you (and a lot of the people on this forum for that matter) have no idea what vitriol is.

And what exactly made that situation any different? Neither can defend themselves after death of course.

I wonder what your motive is sometimes. Some of your POVs can be really strange at times.

PS Vista is still sh## last time I checked...

Daniel
26th January 2008, 08:22
And what exactly made that situation any different? Neither can defend themselves after death of course.

I wonder what your motive is sometimes. Some of your POVs can be really strange at times.

PS Vista is still sh## last time I checked...

*sigh*

The fact that Gibson is mocking Ledger and making fun of him whereas Greer was simply not surprised that Irwin didn't die earlier considering the way he interacted with dangerous animals. There is a saying "don't speak ill of the dead" but it says nothing of having to be surprised that someone who puts themselves in harms way gets killed doing their job.

In my mind Ledger is worth 10 Irwin's as he didn't go around annoying animals. I like animals but I don't need to tackle them or taunt them to appreciate them.

Azumanga Davo
26th January 2008, 14:01
I reckon you do this on purpose. If he was shooting the bloody animals, then let's mark down his score as a 'bad 'un'. I don't think picking them up and the like is considered good reasons for defaming what he did.

It's a shame Germaine and Gibbo are not seeing each other, I reckon they spoil a (hardly) nice couple...

Daniel
26th January 2008, 14:24
I reckon you do this on purpose. If he was shooting the bloody animals, then let's mark down his score as a 'bad 'un'. I don't think picking them up and the like is considered good reasons for defaming what he did.

It's a shame Germaine and Gibbo are not seeing each other, I reckon they spoil a (hardly) nice couple...

No. My posting like this is completely involuntary.

Greer never said Irwin was a bad person. She like everyone around is free to say "What this person did......... Hmmmm ..... Well I don't really think it was that great and I don't think they did it the right way"

I'm very sorry he died but I'm not surprised with that he was doing.

Anyway if you want to continue this incessant squabbling then continue it by PM.

NinjaMaster
27th January 2008, 02:56
Heard the news at work in the morning and had to stop for a couple of minutes. I think knowing the guy was a similar age to me really got to me and I was really down all day. I'm still struggling to come to grips with it. Such a tragic waste with the world at his feet.

Condolences to his family and friends.

ST205GT4
27th January 2008, 08:10
Was quite shocked to hear of Heath's passing. His father is well known in motorsport circles here in Western Australia and is a lovely bloke. Feel very sorry for Kim and the rest of the family.