PDA

View Full Version : WRC on TV?

Adamo
23rd January 2008, 05:46
I'm sure alot of you Europeans get to see the WRC on TV but here in the States since SpeedTV dropped it a few years ago it's been nowhere to be found.

Just wondering if anybody knows if the WRC is going to be televised anywhere in the USA this season??

thanks

adam

gloomyDAY
23rd January 2008, 05:57
I'm sure alot of you Europeans get to see the WRC on TV but here in the States since SpeedTV dropped it a few years ago it's been nowhere to be found.

Just wondering if anybody knows if the WRC is going to be televised anywhere in the USA this season??

thanks

adamNo. ESPN only shows Rally America, which is alright.

You're only option is to rely on people to release torrents and watch the action long after the rally has been finished. Sucks? Yes.

Love of sport man.

L5->R5/CR
23rd January 2008, 05:58

thanks

adam

For the US of A....

Speed stopped being willing to cut a check to buy the broadcast rights for the WRC from ISC a couple years back. Race Central Media bought the broadcast rights for 60 minutes of footage for 2007 and runs 8-15 minute recaps the first Thursday after the event as part of their regular broadcast (they have renewed for 2008). You can find Race Central on the web (they are trying to stream their old episodes) or on the Altitude network.

In most cases you can download/bit torrent the Eurosport broadcasts within a day of the original airing for more indepth coverage. There is no easy way, unlike say the Rally-America series which at least for 2007 has put their complete episodes on YouTube.

rallycliper
23rd January 2008, 07:30
Our local cable tv had a very ql wrc program but since Dakar we can't see it :mad: