PDA

View Full Version : Old article about Rockingham's inaugral meeting

Gasman#99
21st January 2008, 23:33
just been flicking through this big thing called the world wide web and came across this-
www.marcusbicknell.co.uk/racing/2001/report4.htm (http://www.marcusbicknell.co.uk/racing/2001/report4.htm)
note the bit which says " The spectacle of cars racing on a high speed 'oval' has been denied British motor racing fans since the closure of brooklands.
I thought i was dreaming when i read that.
Also notice the pictures of turn 4 (3rd pic down), i cant make my mind up weather it was the start of 2001 or its actually 2008 and this is a picture of a sell out crowd and the main building is actually being redeveloped to make way for even more houses that we dont need.
:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

a.howes700
22nd January 2008, 05:00
Will the administrator of this forum please change the title of this thread? To a casual browser of the internet it will leave an impression that Rockingham Motor Speedway is to be built on i.e destroyed, which fortunately is not the case.

a.howes700
22nd January 2008, 05:07
Also, will the administrator get a change made to the catchphrase of one contributor, namely: Rockingham, is that the castle where the oval used to be? This also is most unfortunate, in that if gives the casual browser the impression that the oval no longer exists. It still does, happily, and will be raced on by the pickup trucks in 8 races in 4 meetings in 2008.

charlotte
22nd January 2008, 08:02
gasman#99
this is you being positive again (not)

JovialJooles
22nd January 2008, 10:10
Will the administrator of this forum please change the title of this thread? To a casual browser of the internet it will leave an impression that Rockingham Motor Speedway is to be built on i.e destroyed, which fortunately is not the case.

Also, will the administrator get a change made to the catchphrase of one contributor, namely: Rockingham, is that the castle where the oval used to be? This also is most unfortunate, in that if gives the casual browser the impression that the oval no longer exists. It still does, happily, and will be raced on by the pickup trucks in 8 races in 4 meetings in 2008.

Most surprisingly, I don't like to be told how to moderate this forum. :mad:

I most certainly will not change a users' signature beacause you do not like it. However, I will remove a signature if it insults another member or uses absusive language.

This forum allows free speech. If you have a problem with that, I suggest you go elswhere.

Chigley
22nd January 2008, 10:15
Gasman,

You are being a pillock! :mad:

Just because its the off season there's no need to totally misrepresent a totally innocent report of the inaugral meeting at a time when the Rockingham building was still being built and the RMS was still officially a building site.

If this was an attempt at humour you have missed your calling as a comedian. :angryfire

JovialJooles
22nd January 2008, 10:38
Gasman,

You are being a pillock! :mad:

Just because its the off season there's no need to totally misrepresent a totally innocent report of the inaugral meeting at a time when the Rockingham building was still being built and the RMS was still officially a building site.

If this was an attempt at humour you have missed your calling as a comedian. :angryfire

Thanks for giving me a much better title for the thread Ian!

Can those members of the forum who prefer me to take a much more heavy handed approach please note that this type of forum self moderation is my preferred form of moderation on this forum. ;)

Reynard
22nd January 2008, 17:40
And should anyone object, I'm right with Julian on this matter.

Gasman#99
22nd January 2008, 18:22
I appologise to all for a little light humour. its just so hard when you knock your self out during the season and off season just to keep hearing more dissapointing things going on. duane, myself and kev (kjb) spend most weekends at our unit working on things and most evenings as well, but feel as if were hitting a brick wall.
also a big thankyou to the b@#?@*$# who decided to break in to our unit last week. although the alarms went off, any one got any ideas how to electrify a building????