PDA

View Full Version : Australian Grand Prix, whos going?

ShiftingGears
10th January 2007, 11:43
Curious to see how many forum members here are going to Albert Park to see the season opening grand prix, and the event replacing the V8SC's, The International Sidecar championship race!

Cannot wait!

Dazz9908
10th January 2007, 13:06
Sorry Theugsquirrel, went last year,
Can't justfy to my family spending a couple grand again,
Wish I was going.:cry:

Enjoy, and tells us all about will ya. take Heaps of Photos. Nothing beats a F1 Gp in OZ.

AJP
11th January 2007, 07:24
I will be there....
side car racing...doesnt sound like my cup of tea...but hey...I am there for F1.
A real pity that the tv networks couldnt agree on something to get the V8's to race there...it should be a championship race for sure...there are not enough V8 rounds in the calender as it is...

the more racing the better..

XR8
12th January 2007, 10:56
I will be going as my son will be racing our Aussie Racing Car as it is a support catagory. So watch out for the AUSTRALEC FALCON #18, driver Kyle Clews.We will be racing thursday,friday saturday and sunday.Have not been to a F1 race before as we were going to the first one in Adelaide in 1985 but my son ended up being born about an hour after the race as I would not take my wife to hospital untill the race finished.Now 21 years later he is racing at one of the support events.

RJL25
12th January 2007, 12:16
sick of everyone saying the V8's wont be there cos of the TV deal, it has nothing to do with that. The date for the Aus GP was up in limbo for ages and V8 supercar australia had to finalise their 2007 calander. When the date for the Aus GP was finnally annouced V8 supercar had already decided on its calander, and it turned out that they had organised a round of the championship only 1 week after the GP and it was just unfeasable to make the GP as a result

millencolin
12th January 2007, 13:45
another year goes by, another year where i wont be at the australian Gp! unfortuately.... but the life of a uni student does mean one thing, money is something you dont have readily available .... plus im saving up for the indy

AJP
14th January 2007, 08:11
sick of everyone saying the V8's wont be there cos of the TV deal, it has nothing to do with that. The date for the Aus GP was up in limbo for ages and V8 supercar australia had to finalise their 2007 calander. When the date for the Aus GP was finnally annouced V8 supercar had already decided on its calander, and it turned out that they had organised a round of the championship only 1 week after the GP and it was just unfeasable to make the GP as a result

If F1 can race back to back, then so can the V8's....

waitey
14th January 2007, 09:12
I will be going as my son will be racing our Aussie Racing Car as it is a support catagory. So watch out for the AUSTRALEC FALCON #18, driver Kyle Clews.We will be racing thursday,friday saturday and sunday.Have not been to a F1 race before as we were going to the first one in Adelaide in 1985 but my son ended up being born about an hour after the race as I would not take my wife to hospital untill the race finished.Now 21 years later he is racing at one of the support events.

good luck to the lad, must be a great experience to be a support event at an f1 grand prix. I'm trying to find enough sponsorship to hopefully race in the formula bmw asia series next year which has two events as support races to the chinese and malaysian grand prix's. All the best to your son hopefully he produces well. And of course i'll be there friday, saturday and sunday as usual.

waitey
15th January 2007, 08:20
im also a bit upset they don't have the speed comparison on if i'm correct. I thought it was a bit of fun and just because there is no v8 supercar, surely they could have put another car in the race. It was great to see the power of the formula 1 car chase down the v8 and the bmw road car after an enormous handicap, they should bring it back.

RJL25
15th January 2007, 08:40
If F1 can race back to back, then so can the V8's....

F1 teams kinda have a bigger budget then the V8 supercar teams do bud....

XR8
16th January 2007, 08:54
WAITEY! I have the event program and the speed comparison is on, just don't know with what!
Thursday 3.20pm speed comparison #1
Friday 12.10pm speed comparison #2
Saturday 4.40pm speed comparison #3
Sunday 12.50pm speed comarison #4