PDA

View Full Version : Comparing F1 event prices

SteveA
19th January 2008, 11:53
I've only just become aware of this company, but their website offers an easy way to compare the prices of the various GPs

They are an official ticket agency, not one of these rip-off agencies that don't actually have any tickets!

The prices are not significantly higher than the venues' own prices (comparing, for example, the prices on the Spa GP website)

https://www.grandprix-tickets.com/

France looks like amazingly good value and Hungary are offering a special offer in the Red Bull and Silver 2 stands.

tsarcasm
19th January 2008, 12:10
I was just wondering if Bernie pulled the plug on the USGP because the $ is worthless 2-1 pound v. dollar . George's santioning fee would hardly tranlate

GridGirl
21st January 2008, 08:45
I've used that site before as a travel company that I'd booked to go to Spa with decided to cancel the trip 6 weeks before the event. I found them to be hugely over priced, however that was in 1999 so they could have changed since then.

Its much cheaper getting tickets direct from a circuit. I just checked tickets for the Spanish GP and couldhave got top price tickets at the first corner for £100 less direct from the Circuit de Catalunya website. Mind you they were still about £100 more than when I sat there in 2002.

Mark
21st January 2008, 10:06
Just like with any events such as pop concerts or whatever, I would never buy tickets from anyone other than directly from the venue. Anything else you are asking for problems.

leopard
21st January 2008, 10:29
I don't mind to buy ticket from unauthorized persons once I see the crowd in front of locket window will be troubling me. They sometimes offer higher price but we can also buy a lower price if we want to negotiate, because they are basically extension of those authorized person.

Mark
21st January 2008, 10:34
I don't mind to buy ticket from unauthorized persons once I see the crowd in front of locket window will be troubling me. They sometimes offer higher price but we can also buy a lower price if we want to negotiate, because they are basically extension of those authorized person.

Sometimes but not always. Quite often they are just people who have bought the tickets at face value, then sell them on at a markup. Many of them are pretty shady characters.

SGWilko
21st January 2008, 12:20
Just like with any events such as pop concerts or whatever, I would never buy tickets from anyone other than directly from the venue. Anything else you are asking for problems.

Only ever been to see one band live. Got the VIP tickets from I love All Access.

Front row seats, meal, unlimited free drinks, branded goodies, and chance to win (via free raffle) signed goodies from the band, and hassle free entrance to the venue.

Going again this year to the O2.

Might cost an arm and a leg, but well worth it.....

leopard
22nd January 2008, 02:46
Sometimes but not always. Quite often they are just people who have bought the tickets at face value, then sell them on at a markup. Many of them are pretty shady characters.
Yeah mostly of them are shady, avoid dealing with them if you can't get used to.

They might not buy the tickets, they could only deposit some money for the ticket and it's returnable if unsold.