PDA

View Full Version : GP2 Asia

Nikki Katz
18th January 2008, 18:13
Anyone going to watch this? It starts next week.

A field largely full of people I've never heard of, but Bruno Senna and Luca Fillipi (for some reason driving for the new team instead of ART like normal GP2 this year) are there.

The idea is that each team must field one driver that doesn't come from Western Europe or anywhere in America. Scanning the entry list the teams seem to have taken a little liberty on exactly where in Europe countries are. Italy and Switzerland in Eastern Europe??? Most of the others seem to hold dual passports too.

Osella
18th January 2008, 22:45
The teams have been allowed to run 2 non-Asian drivers now, but the lowest finishing car will not be eligable for any prize money. This was because there were not enough drivers from Asia with the budgets to run in the series.

Placid
19th January 2008, 03:30
So far, what is the current grid for the series?

Nikki Katz
20th January 2008, 11:32
From GP2Asia-Online:

iSport International: 1. Karun Chandhok
2. Bruno Senna

ART Grand Prix: 3. Stephen Jelley
4. Romain Grosjean

Campos Grand Prix: 5. Vitaly Petrov
6. Diego Nunes

Super Nova: 7. Christian Bakkerud
8. Fairuz Fauzy

DAMS: 9. Jerome d'Ambrosio
10. Kamui Kobayashi

Trust Team Arden: 11. Sebastian Buemi
12. Adam Khan

Durango: 14. Davide Valsecchi
15. Alberto Valerio

Fisichella Motor Sport International: 16. Adrian Valles
17. Michael Herck

Trident Racing: 18. Harald Schlegelmilch
19. Ho-Pin Tung

Minardi Piquet Sports: 20. Marcello Puglisi
21. Marco Bonanomi

DPR: 22. Armaan Ebrahim
23. Andy Soucek

BCN Competicion: 24. Milos Pavlovic
25. Jason Tahinci

Team Qi-Meritus.Mahara: 26. Hiroki Yoshimoto
27. Luca Filippi

Note: According to Autosport magazine, four teams will not be eligible to receive prize money as they are not running any "local" drivers. They are ART Grand Prix, Minardi Piquet Sports, Durango and FMS International.

I can't believe that Tahinci still has a seat. He must be bringing in a hell of a lot of money.

woody2goody
24th January 2008, 01:38
Oh well Fisi might not need as much money as he might have feared before he got the Force India seat :)

jedii
25th January 2008, 21:46
is it on tv at all?

RaikkonenRules
27th January 2008, 17:51
It's on Eurosport 2.

Looks like Romian Grosjean's going to run away with the title if he continues like he did at Dubai. Double win on his debut at this level :eek:

Senna, Fillipi etc need to fight back.

Nikki Katz
16th February 2008, 11:44
That race this morning was so bad it was funny. I can't believe the marshalls tried for almost 20 minutes to pull a car sideways, and the crane seemed to get stuck in the gravel trap at the end :)

leopard
18th February 2008, 07:16
That race this morning was so bad it was funny. I can't believe the marshalls tried for almost 20 minutes to pull a car sideways, and the crane seemed to get stuck in the gravel trap at the end :)
Were you watching the race or the marshal and crane's show? :)