PDA

View Full Version : how cool is this!!!!!!

Mike_Drummer
17th January 2008, 19:46
ASCAR irwin racing promo video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOMidGPBRpM

hope the V8's can get back to this standard..and beyond :)

mike

kjb
17th January 2008, 21:17
cool ive never seen that before, and i'm on the footage about 3 or 4 times, ahh fame at last (not)

kjb
17th January 2008, 21:25
forgot to say if you search "abi ryan" on youtube theres more footage of the video we did with abi ryan!

Gasman#99
17th January 2008, 22:44
Im still wiping tears from my eyes watching that, ah the good old days, i was on the #4 car then with adam, and he got out of the car in a strop that day, come to think of it that was every race!.
that was cool watching, enjoyed the pit stop.

Tractorboy.
17th January 2008, 22:59
Need a tissue mate????

PitMarshal
18th January 2008, 07:39
Ah, those were the days. I remember that meeting for the fact that I nearly got flattened (no mean feat given my size) when everyone was celebrating Gav's podium. Someone ought to send that link to the powers that be to remind them why SCSA should be back at the Rock' sooner rather than later.

Duane
18th January 2008, 11:35
Abi Ryan, June 2005

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD_bh-9mfl8

it was shot on one of those summer days when it started off warm and overcast and by the time we did the static shot's with Abi on turn 4 it came out realy hot.......!!!!! it was fun and along with the other Irwin promo just goes to show what Rockingham would do for us way back then.

by the time the Irwin promo ws being made at the last meeting of 2005 the new owners were in at the Rock and was probrobly plotting our downfall even then, shame realy because there was a helathy looking crowd by the looks of it, better than Touring cars last year :D !!!!!!????? well better paying crowd anyway, ;)

Watching the Irwin Promo makes me wonder if Gav should,nt drive the #99 car for us on road courses this year, what you recon mate :p ha, ha

nice seeing them again

Duane

Duane
18th January 2008, 11:48
and this one was made by west-Tec, Gavin allowed this as the Promo for the series

I may try and let the video go free now that we was selling on the web site as its past its sell by date now.

Duane

Tractorboy.
18th January 2008, 18:30
Normally i bite my tongue, but bugger it, just finally got broadband so am now able to look at these videos which is good, well was until i watched them. What the hell happened?? it makes me quite angry to look at the videos it seems almost criminal we may not be there this year. Surely i aint the only person to think this???? ahh thats better.

Tractorboy.
18th January 2008, 18:34
And another thing, The pickups at the autosport show, the guy who filmed it put Roaring Thunder of the pickups as the title. they don't roar there about as loud as Duanes Passat.

kjb
18th January 2008, 18:46
well eddited tractor, im sure you wrote "my duanes passat" on the original post, aahhh lovely boy!

Tractorboy.
18th January 2008, 18:50
It was a mistake i did originally write my dads primera!!!

Mike_Drummer
18th January 2008, 19:01
i agree, this is where the V8's belong, do what you need to, to get the series back to its former glory and beyond!!!!

ie dropping to B license, and i like the idea of the road courses, will be interesting :)

mike

racing59
18th January 2008, 19:21
and this one was made by west-Tec, Gavin allowed this as the Promo for the series

I may try and let the video go free now that we was selling on the web site as its past its sell by date now.

Duane

Same vid dude. Abi Ryan, not Gavin Wills.....

Rob.

Duane
18th January 2008, 19:28
oh so it is, never mind just search SCSA on youtube its on there somewhere, Abi's worth a second look

Duane

Gasman#99
18th January 2008, 19:37
Thats a rediculous video, everyone knows that girls cant drive V8's that quick around rockingham!!!!!

Gasman#99
18th January 2008, 19:38
And another thing, The pickups at the autosport show, the guy who filmed it put Roaring Thunder of the pickups as the title. they don't roar there about as loud as Duanes Passat.
There robably as slow as duane as well ha ha!!!

Jeff Carter
18th January 2008, 21:42
Abi Ryan, June 2005

Duane

Thanks for this Duane. It brings back some great memories and reminds me that, despite the odd cr*p day, I really do love my job!

It was a shame that Abi never made it big because we would've had another music artist on Rockinghams side.

Jeff

Jeff Carter
18th January 2008, 21:46

Duane

Try this one -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVZ8At1g9VY

hicksy
18th January 2008, 22:20
Thats a rediculous video, everyone knows that girls cant drive V8's that quick around rockingham!!!!!

Apart from Amanda Stretton.

Gasman#99
18th January 2008, 22:36
Apart from Amanda Stretton.
She was never fast. In fact if i listen carefully out my window now, hold on....... yep shes still going round rockingham now!
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Tractorboy.
19th January 2008, 00:26
Like i said what the f**k went on?????

Tractorboy.
19th January 2008, 00:31
Why are we in a position where the pick ups have got x amount of dates at Rockingham and we haven't seem's wrong to me, They go under the SCSA name when it was designed for us Stock Car Speed Association if you forgot people but hey f**k it we are just a series thats thrown under a stone and willed on to die.

The White Lady
19th January 2008, 10:37
Try this one -

Thanks for that Jeff - those heady days, crowds in the stands, Verge, Oli, a beaming Gavin Wills.....

Just hope it can get that good again guys.

By the way Tractor, love your coments and pro SCSA (or whatever it is these days) attitude but you're starting to sound like Gordon Ramsay :D

Jordygirl
19th January 2008, 11:16
Try this one -

If you watch very carefully at the gantry shot at the end, you will see an orange blob. That's me !!! My first season as a 'Rock' marshal and I was given the honour of spending the day on the gantry with the 'boys and their flags'. THE best place to experience the V8 noise & power :s pin:

pickup
19th January 2008, 11:41
Why are we in a position where the pick ups have got x amount of dates at Rockingham and we haven't

If you had run with 24-28 cars at every round and produced consistently close racing then i feel you would still have been there.The ovalfest was much improved but there were still only ISTR 15 cars and two of those were pickup drivers, if the grids and racing improve over this year then i'm sure (and hope) you will return.
It's no good saying next meeting we will have x number of drivers and then making excuses as to why only half of them turned up, and we could have had this many but! and the racing would have been closer if!..... you need consistency to establish the formula.
I feel your question will stir up the much debated stock car versus pickup debate but you only have to look back over the past couple of seasons to answer your own question, if all things had remained as per the video (and i sincerely wish they had) then i'm sure it would have been different.

JovialJooles
19th January 2008, 12:17
She was never fast. In fact if i listen carefully out my window now, hold on....... yep shes still going round rockingham now!

To be fair to her, she was fairly active on the forum when she drove in the series...

Duane
19th January 2008, 21:35
In response to our friendly Pickup, if memory serves...the video shows us with 16 or 17 cars at that last meeting of 2005, there was obviously a good crowd then and low and behold when our numbers dropped so did the crowd

since then we have been stiffled in our bids to put on a show at the Rock as has already been stated elsewhere on this very forum, we make no excuses for 2006 but we did turn it around with alot of hard work from everyone within the series to achieve the numbers at motofest, that hard work is ongoing.

and in answer to Tractor, the pickups have dates because they are a very good support series with the mid 20's grid they have, we will see how many cars we have on track with us this year and how soon it will be before they Support us again, because like i have said in the past we need each other, it will be interesting to see how we go apart, its a shame but thats the way it is. maybe some people should be carefull what they wish for !!!!!

I wish we was all together at rockingham again this season, i dont mind wishing for that. :D

Duane

Gasman#99
19th January 2008, 22:05
maybe some people should be carefull what they wish for !!!!!

I wish we was all together at rockingham again this season, i dont mind wishing for that. :D

Duane
I wish for claudia schiffer, ummmmmmmmmmmmm

Gasman#99
19th January 2008, 22:16
[quote="pickup"]If you had run with 24-28 cars at every round and produced consistently close racing then i feel you would still have been there.The ovalfest was much improved but there were still only ISTR 15 cars and two of those were pickup drivers,
We had 15 or 16 cars and thats without team westtec who had 5million cars or what ever they said, as for close racing we were close, theres driving close and theres nudging the car in front of the track, and you state that two of those were pickup drivers, wow, how many pick up drivers have there own V8 car but were to scaired to bring them out to play.
I for one have watched every scsa race since day 1, since i got the privilage to be the first to sit in the petty car when it came over from the states to rockingham, and i wish pickups and the V8,s were still together, and hopefully they will be one day again, but in the mean time it would be intresting to see what the crowds are like at the rock this year, i wish you all luck.
I personally feel that the V8's have not been welcome for the last 2 years at rockingham, you just have to look to see how things changed, no garages, not the main attraction, told you have 5 mins before he race and then told its posponed til later, then no race dates, a conspiricy i think.

bravheart
20th January 2008, 00:16
What Tractorboy said, he said with allot of passion, there are many others out there who think and feel the same way!!!!!

In response to the following..... 'The ovalfest was much improved but there were still only ISTR 15 cars and two of those were pickup drivers' ...1) No they aren't just Pickup drivers!!!! both Drivers have raced in the V8's in the past! Therefore i cannot see the reasoning to label them as pickup drivers.... 2) Martin Heath was asked to drive our second car as Peter Falding couldn't get his race licence back in time for the Motorfest, and having raced at close quarters with Martin in the V8's, Teamnetworking had no hesitation in approaching him about the drive.
3. Jay Shepherd was at Rockingham to drive the Weaver car at the Motorfest, but due to certain factors beyond Duane's control on Race weekend, They wouldn't let him out in the car, So Mark Willis was approached and asked if he would like to drive!

What some are probably not aware of is just how much work has gone on behind the scenes and the sacrifices that have been made by many people to turn the V8 Trophy Series around! both in terms of hours and money, there are many of us right now who still cannot believe the way in which all our efforts have been stifled?

I came to the Oval racing scene with a 20+ years Track Racing back ground and i have to say "I have never experienced or seen anything like what has gone on over the past few months, isn't it a shame when you have a fantastic Oval Track like Rockingham to race the V8's on, yet im now having to look towards the USA if i want to race on a V8 on an Oval?

The V8 Trophy versus the pickups???? ..If we are not careful the US and THEM will start to come into play? lets hope not!.. surly it should be V8 Trophy & Pickups together on the same bill! .Keep it an Oval racing experience!....Thats what made Rockingham so special and different from the same old same old.....also NOW what other options are open to a pickup driver if he or she wants to drive and experience something Bigger and Faster on the Oval?? ...there is no other level to progress to? other than the USA!

What a sad state of affairs this all is!

Mike_Drummer
20th January 2008, 17:40
am i right in thinking there is one meeting at rockingham for the V8's? if so make it a good'n, get the two seater out, lots of "good" entertainment in between races, makeit one to remember :) maybe one the fans and rockingham will remember.

mike

kjb
20th January 2008, 18:13
sorry mike but its not as easy as you think mate, firstly the timetable doesnt acount for very much "play time" in between the races or during the break, and to put on a good show i personaly think it should be longer races with 1 or 2 pit stops (not gonna happen) entry fees tend to kill off the prospective new drivers interested and as for jay shepherd (mentioned earlier) h'ed already done his rookie test during a previous season (along with lee okeefe i think) because he didnt have any concrete proof he had done so he wasnt allowed to go out in the car! even though he'd race in numerous TVR tuscan and brit GT races in the past and been a really good driver! so i'm not totaly sure where the future of oval racing is going to "end up" and the emphasis being on "end up". good luck to the pick ups but maybe there time at the rock maybe limited too, who knows?

Rocsta
15th February 2008, 16:45
Try this one -

Thanks for that Jeff - those heady days, crowds in the stands, Verge, Oli, a beaming Gavin Wills.....

Just hope it can get that good again guys.

Ouch! Me ears are burning