PDA

View Full Version : Evernham lost his marbles

Haulin'AssAndTurnin Left
17th January 2008, 14:24
So why has Evernham chucked away his dream of owning a top cup team. I get the feeling he chucked the toys out the prame because of one bad season albeit a very bad season. I thourght he might have stuck it out a bit or now he has sold half the team leave the running of the business to someone else and get more involed in the racing again.

At least he dropped in to check on the progress of his "friend" Erin Crocker this week in daytona.

Nicholas Morse
18th January 2008, 05:51
So why has Evernham chucked away his dream of owning a top cup team. I get the feeling he chucked the toys out the prame because of one bad season albeit a very bad season. I thourght he might have stuck it out a bit or now he has sold half the team leave the running of the business to someone else and get more involed in the racing again.

At least he dropped in to check on the progress of his "friend" Erin Crocker this week in daytona.

Hey HATL,

I don't think Evernham has chucked away any of his dreams, I think he made a smart business decision and I think it is going to prove a worthy decision in the future. He has got a pocketbook much deeper than his own now and he has proven talent with Kasey Kahne. I think the jury is still out on Elliott Sadler and there will be a new driver in the #10 within the next two years.

Evernham has had tough seasons before, he didn't get to this point in his career by being a quitter and just giving up because of a bad season. I have been very critical of Evernham in my articles but he is a good businessman and knows what is best, and when to do it so that he can continue to be successful. Plus, he is probably the best wrench to ever step foot in a Cup garage, easily in the top-three.

I am glad to see him check in on Erin at Daytona. He dated her for a few years and I am sure they had a very good personal relationship but business wise it just screwed things up and made it murky. When her performance on track wasn't so hot, it ruined the relationship when Evernham lost sponsors and lost funding for his girlfriend. It was sad and they should have kept it just business but at least it shows that he still cares and Erin is very talented, and she isn't ugly, so she could go a long way if she gets into some good equipment. It is unfortunate there is still a stereotype about women drivers in NASCAR and it might be a while before we see that go away, someone is gonna take a chance on the right one soon enough and that door will be open to the few women that do want to make it successfully in American motorsport. (Danica has the best chance but she is failing in incredible equipment with Andretti)

Evernham still retained some ownership rights, he still has a MAJOR say in the company and he isn't out. It wouldn't be far fetched to see him start another team, look what he did with Jeff Gordon, look what he did with his company, and of course, he can do it again. He is very talented and driven to succeed.

Hopefully everything works out for all the mentioned above.

-Nic

Haulin'AssAndTurnin Left
18th January 2008, 10:30
Shame he sold it to Gillet though. You should see how badly he has stuffed up at Liverpool FC.

Plus, he is probably the best wrench to ever step foot in a Cup garage, easily in the top-three.

Couldnt agree more there. And as for Crocker from what ive seen she was out of her depth in Busch and was still out of her depth in the trucks. an average finish of 26th. Thats two spots behind her average starting spot.

tstran17_88
21st January 2008, 18:31
Erin is very talented,Can I have some of the kool aid that you've been drinking? :D

harvick#1
21st January 2008, 20:14
Can I have some of the kool aid that you've been drinking? :D

how about more of that crack :D

and whats wrong with your sig :mad: :p : are you a Hendrick fan now too

Sparky1329
21st January 2008, 21:10
Erin's not as bad as the chit she's been driving.

RaceFanStan
21st January 2008, 21:40
... and Erin is very talented ...
Erin Crocker's best talent wasn't shown on the track ... http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/images/smilies/bomb.gif
Erin sure didn’t set NASCAR on fire with her racesuit on ... http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

Busch Series Statistics
2005 & 2006 - 10 races - Avg Finish = 31.1
0 Wins - 0 Top 5s - 0 Top 10s
0 Poles - Laps Led = 0
Running At Finish 6 Races
Lead Lap Finish 0

Craftsman Truck Series Statistics
2005 & 2006 - 27 races - Avg Finish = 26.7
0 Wins - 0 Top 5s - 0 Top 10s
0 Poles - Laps Led = 0
Running At Finish 21 Races
Lead Lap Finish 8

table
23rd January 2008, 16:39
Here is a qoute from the recent Yahoo article:

"Evernham understands if some observers believe he simply decided to cut back, cash out and enjoy life, particularly after his divorce and the revelation of his relationship with young female driver Erin Crocker.

Others might wonder whether Gillett pushed Evernham aside within the organization (Evernham says that's not the case).

"There was a lot that went on the last couple years that took a lot of the fun out of it for me and hopefully we'll get that back," said Evernham,"

RaceFanStan
24th January 2008, 03:30
Evernham needs to start thinking with the head ABOVE his shoulders ...
thinking with the head below his belt is what got him into the mess he is in ...
now he had to sell-out his dream, to be considered a smart man he sure didn't act smart. http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

Remember this ???
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/gr8link/uhoh/mlc.jpg

Sparky1329
24th January 2008, 04:52
Evernham needs to start thinking with the head ABOVE his shoulders ...
thinking with the head below his belt is what got him into the mess he is in ...
now he had to sell-out his dream, to be considered a smart man he sure didn't act smart. http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

Remember this ???
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/gr8link/uhoh/mlc.jpg

Aw c'mon! He's a guy. That's what guys do. :D

Osella
24th January 2008, 11:40
Yeah, but he sacked Mayfield for telling everyone, and denied it! Instead, maybe he should have been concentrating on how to run a 3-car race team instead of just one...

Sparky1329
24th January 2008, 15:13
Yeah, but he sacked Mayfield for telling everyone, and denied it! Instead, maybe he should have been concentrating on how to run a 3-car race team instead of just one...

Mayfield sacked himself with his big mouth. Apparently discretion is not a part of his vernacular nor does he have an ounce of class.

SOD
24th January 2008, 17:16
Shame he sold it to Gillet though. You should see how badly he has stuffed up at Liverpool FC.

Everything Gillet touches turns to sh----- :laugh:

Nicholas Morse
29th January 2008, 23:27
Evernham fired Mayfield because Kahne makes more money. Plus Mayfield was in the better equipment and he figured put Kahne in equipment that Mayfield can get into the Chase with and imagine what Kahne would do. We see how well that worked out so far.

Erin got moved up too quick, NASCAR was looking for diversity again and this time it was a young attractive female with funding and was a proven win(ner) in the World of Outlaws.

So up the ranks she shot with way too little amount of experience.

-Nic

muggle not
30th January 2008, 16:07
Evernham may have lost his marbles.

But i won them fair and square.
http://i27.tinypic.com/eq6vzd.jpg