PDA

View Full Version : Look what I found! A little OT...ish....

Yung
16th January 2008, 17:53
Just want everyone's opinion about......

http://www.pixagogo.com/Photos/Albums/album.aspx?album=S4l!nbjFBfp60cZO!AVfqBXNGdM2xxNDM xtBIp4uAlR5E_

Check it out!

darknessrock
16th January 2008, 20:33
Wow, that looks a cool series, just googled dnrt v8, and there are a few news sites (which you'll need to translate if you're not dutch!) and just hope there's a race on when i'm over there later this year!

racing59
16th January 2008, 23:29
DNRT? it's a joke. They have ONE car, and hardly anyone interested. They want far too much money for the drives, and it's looking like (if it does ever get going) that it'll be a sub-class of the Dutch Supercar Challenge.

Invest your money in Jochen Mass's ASCE - it'll be a safer bet!

Better still, give it to me!

Rob.

LessThanSte
17th January 2008, 00:47
Is anything happening on that front that you know about Rob?

The only thing similar that seems to be getting anywhere is the speedcar series, funded by a load of oil billionaires etc. News on ASCE seems, well, scarce!

LessThanSte
17th January 2008, 00:49
or was that a little sarcasm that went straight over my head?

racing59
17th January 2008, 06:42
Yep!

briggs'mechanic
17th January 2008, 14:30
This is what I read in Autosport about this.

" NASCAR IN HOLLAND A new series for NASCAR late-model stock cars will be launched in holland this year. Race organisers DNRT plan a seven-round road race series for adapted versions of the 450bhp Chevrolet-engined machines, one of which was demonstrated at Zandvoort. The events will run at Zandvoort and Assen."

Forum Buddy
17th January 2008, 15:30
I did read some of the articles using this translate link and pasting the text in and selecting the Dutch to English.

If SCSA doesn't make it's way back and this does take off, may be I will try it out one meeting.

Transaltion link below:-

http://translate.google.com/translate_t

Francis
Forum Buddy

royale31
17th January 2008, 16:41
The Foundation Dutch National Racing Team (DNRT) presents a spectacular new racecars. With the introduction of one of the NASCAR car-derived V8, the foundation led by Huub Vermeulen a further step forward. "This car is a wonderful challenge for the experienced drivers''said Vermeulen.

The DNRT organises around 35 matches per year. Preferably 800 racing drivers and another 400 motorracers find their pleasure in these races, both nationally and internationally. Thus organizes the foundation of Huub Vermeulen annually include three 24 uursraces, including the now popular 24 hours in Dubai.

Because the necessary drivers from the DNRT now more and more experienced, this group was looking to a new raceprikkel. That challenge for more power and speed goes from 2008 found in the new V8-class. "It's a beautiful car. Completely different from that in Europe we are accustomed''says Huub Vermeulen." The car is more than 5.5 meters long and 2 meters wide, but only 1.20 meters high. It is absolutely an imposing appearance!''

The V8 engine is the 6.0 L aluminum Corvette LS2 power source that delivers 450 horsepower at 6,500 rpm, 550 Nm, dry sump and gasoline injection. The chassis is largely derived from the popular American NASCAR. This is, however, 22 points amended to compare the safety - which in the DNRT top of the list - even more. The entry of the car is by the window. Doors are not meaningful because the chassis to the top of the deurplaat would reach.

The final cost of the car are still unknown, but expected that the price less than 50,000 euros (ex VAT) will. For the first time it will also be possible to race cars lease for a sharp rate. The engine and gearbox, in normal maintenance, deemed approximately three years he could ride. Parts are (relatively) cheap and seizoenskosten can therefore remain low. The car is designed for the experienced riders of the DNRT and not for young talents. The minimum age limit is 30 years. For drivers who know that they are no longer as a Formula 1 driver to go…

Specification car:

Chassis: Nascar type spaceframe
Bodywork: Nascar Late Model
Engine: LS2 aluminum, 6.0 liter content
Power: 450 (550) 6500 rpm
Mass empty: About 1050 kg
Top speed: Approximately 330 km / h
Rims: Steel, 10 X 15
Tires: Hoosier 10 x 15
Length: 5.50 meters, width 2.0 metres
Class sponsor: Prisma Car Lease, Baarn

See also the following messages:
CAR OF THE YEAR RESULT EXACT
YARIS SENIORENAUTO NUMBER 1
YARIS SENIORENAUTO NUMBER 1.
SYMPHONICA ROSSO IN MAASTRICHT
Changes tax 2008

LessThanSte
17th January 2008, 18:37
I thought that said they get grids of 800 for a minute :o

Shame they dont, really!

racing59
17th January 2008, 20:59
According to my source - who is a motoring journo of some standing, and also backed up by a CAMSO racer who has a finger on the pulse - there is still only one car in the Netherlands. They asked some CAMSO constructors about building cars "over here", but in the end, they shipped ONE over from the 'States.

Their aim was to lease the cars, but again, according to my sources, the lease cost is "a little sharp", and nearly as many people are interested in it as were ASCE - so not much chance of it really happening then!

Rob.

Yung
19th January 2008, 00:24
SOOOOOooooooooo...............big oval racing in Europe isn't as popular as in USA (NASCAR) or Asia (Speedcar) in the average public and race driver's mind???? :P

Cause ASCE and DNRT both have lots of potential as does SCSA/V8..... but all doesn't seem to reach it. The best i've read was 2002 and I didn't even know about SCSA til 2005....... not much motorsport publicity in Wales except for the televised ones.......

It all comes down to money in the end............... Just thought of an idea...... how about a Charity team. Where the team sells its services per race on Ebay or something and the highest bidder gets to race the car for the weekend?? The price they bid would also include the admin fees and all that. Yeah?? No?? Just a thought...... what do you guys think???

racing59
19th January 2008, 10:11
SOOOOOooooooooo...............big oval racing in Europe isn't as popular as in USA (NASCAR) or Asia (Speedcar) in the average public and race driver's mind???? :P

Cause ASCE and DNRT both have lots of potential as does SCSA/V8..... but all doesn't seem to reach it. The best i've read was 2002 and I didn't even know about SCSA til 2005....... not much motorsport publicity in Wales except for the televised ones.......

It all comes down to money in the end............... Just thought of an idea...... how about a Charity team. Where the team sells its services per race on Ebay or something and the highest bidder gets to race the car for the weekend?? The price they bid would also include the admin fees and all that. Yeah?? No?? Just a thought...... what do you guys think???

Had Brooklands survived, then large oval racing would have been seen totally differently, in the UK at least.

ASCE had no potential. It was too expensive, you'd need £0.5M budget at least. That kind of money get's you into a lot more higher profile championships the people already follow, and get lots of media attention. DNRT is just misconceived. There was never any talk of ovals with it, their plan was to run mostly at Zandvoort (hence the cars being hushed up). To try and get it off the ground, when nobody really came forward to make it a viable proposition, they agreed to be a "sub-class" of the Dutch Supercar Challenge. A bit like the Mosler Challenge - that's doing the same, and has many more people taking it up. That's looking like one year with the DSC, then standing on it's own. DNRT looks like it's going nowhere.

They would have got on much better if they have talked to CAMSO and created some sort of joint series, or even talked to us.

But, as usual, they knew better.

The future for "Stockcar Racing" in Europe hinges on two things. One is competitor support - people who want to do it. The other is the growth of NASCAR into markets other than the Americas. More "Johnny Foreigners" in their ranks will raise it's profile, especially big name drivers from Europe. IF only they could get the German Taxi Driver to take up the challenge and stop playing with Ferrari's, that on it's own would do it!