PDA

View Full Version : Corey's Party - Got Out of Hand

Rollo
15th January 2008, 22:58
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,23059389-5001021,00.html?from=mostpop

A Victorian teenager Corey Delaney advertised a party on the internet in his town of Narre Warren; but the problem was that 500 people turned up. Police have threatened to bill him up to A$20,000 after police cars and neighbours' property were damaged and 30 officers, a helicopter and the dog squad were called to the party.
Consequently Corey's gone awol this morning.

He's made page 3 of the Sydney Morning Herald, page 1 of The Age and has now started making headlines overseas. People are even offering him 2 grand to organise other parties around the country.
Has it made headlines where you are, or are we just not that important?

Party On!

ShiftingGears
15th January 2008, 23:14
Why is this news?

Valve Bounce
15th January 2008, 23:16
It all sounds like lotsa fun now; I just wonder where this will all lead to for this young guy. Money will be no object, it seems, but he will be paid for being a nob. So, will he grow up to be a bigger nob? and what is he going to do?

Drew
16th January 2008, 01:14
Australia is well behind the times, we had this here somewhen :p : Somebody advertised a party on myspace and loads of people came and trashed his house, I think it was in County Durham.

millencolin
16th January 2008, 08:13
i think the news is because this guy dresses like an absolute twit! seriously! i would like to smack some sense into him. these parties happen all the time but atm

1) there isnt much news to report atm (just whaling issues with japan and cricket issues with india)
2) as i said earlier, this guy dresses like a twit!

Mark
16th January 2008, 11:18
They had the internet in Victorian times? :D

Bebee
17th January 2008, 04:40
I thought old people lived in Narre Warren? :confused:

I have to say, he's the ugliest kid I've ever seen...

Azumanga Davo
17th January 2008, 08:11
Yep, dresses like a twit...