PDA

View Full Version : 2008 F1 Track Changes?

FIA
15th January 2008, 13:45
Is there any track changes for this season is F1?

eg. Last Year Catalunya had a chicane put in near the final corner.

ioan
15th January 2008, 15:54
You never cease to amaze me! :)

99,99999999% of those who visit the forum are doing it to discuss about drivers and sometimes cars and races.
I think all the threads you started are about tracks!

I admire your tenacity! :up:

FIA
15th January 2008, 16:38
No, it just seems to be the last Threads I've done.

15th January 2008, 17:32
You never cease to amaze me! :)

99,99999999% of those who visit the forum are doing it to discuss about drivers and sometimes cars and races.
I think all the threads you started are about tracks!

I admire your tenacity! :up:

He's got a bad track record.

AndyRAC
15th January 2008, 20:39
Hockenheim is being re-routed through the forest,......on gravel..!!!!
Ha ha!!!
Oh, Monaco is being run the other way, imagine the carnage at La Rascasse on the first lap!!

philipbain
15th January 2008, 21:36
I don't think there are any changes to tracks used in 2007, obviously Singapore and Valencia are new though. To be honest the track changes at Barcelona did nothing but ruin 2 very fast and exciting corners, it certainly didnt change anything for the F1 cars overtaking, so hopefully they will just run on the old section of track instead, but I think this may be wishful thinking.

Osella
15th January 2008, 21:46
Wish they'd make the Bus Stop like an actual bus stop again!

Corny
15th January 2008, 22:06
Wasn't that Busstop going to change anyway for 2008, as the drivers found the pit entrance dangerous.. ?

ShiftingGears
15th January 2008, 23:48
Is there any track changes for this season is F1?

eg. Last Year Catalunya had a chicane put in near the final corner.

The sooner someone gets rid of that chicane the better. It's quite deplorable. Otherwise, no I don't think so.

AndyRAC
16th January 2008, 00:02
The track changes a Catalunya weren't used by the Moto GP boys, and that produced probably the race of the season. As for Spa, that new' Bus Stop' wasn't, it was a joke!! Bring the 'Bus Stop' back.

wedge
16th January 2008, 00:29
The track changes a Catalunya weren't used by the Moto GP boys, and that produced probably the race of the season.

Hate to remind you but F1 and MotoGP are completely different. Catalunya is widely regarded as an aero track and the current aero regs aren't doing us any favours....

ShiftingGears
16th January 2008, 00:37
Hate to remind you but F1 and MotoGP are completely different. Catalunya is widely regarded as an aero track and the current aero regs aren't doing us any favours....

So butcher the fast corners while ignoring the aero regs? The chicane did nothing for the racing, while at the same time removing the best corner from the racetrack. Thats just stupidity.

AndyRAC
16th January 2008, 00:58

Yeah, I had noticed they're different,.............I think!!

wmcot
16th January 2008, 07:54
I hear they're trying to push through a rule that all tracks must have a chicane for every 200 meters of straight! ;)

wedge
16th January 2008, 13:07
So butcher the fast corners while ignoring the aero regs? The chicane did nothing for the racing, while at the same time removing the best corner from the racetrack. Thats just stupidity.

The last couple of corners are terrific but you could never pick up a good tow when you were following another car.

In theory the chicane should've made passing on the main straight a bit easier.

Anyway, I'm hoping no TC will make a difference because the last sector has a couple of hairpins *fingers crossed*

ShiftingGears
16th January 2008, 13:21
The last couple of corners are terrific but you could never pick up a good tow when you were following another car.

In theory the chicane should've made passing on the main straight a bit easier.

And it didn't and now fans are stuck with another boring, slow chicane complex which is a half arsed bandaid solution to the cars inability to pass. Pity.

MAX_THRUST
16th January 2008, 13:50
Unfortunately chicanes are the way the FIA goes these days. I loved the old Hockenhiem track through the woods, I never liked the Cataluna track much anyway, the chicane made me think OH this will be good, oh well never mind it wasn't.

The only hope we have is the lack of traction control will render chicanes as fun spots as oppossed to dull dreary corners. We should see cars sliding through the corners.........again I'll wait and see.

I don't mind the new bus stop, but calling it a bus stop is madness. It looks nothing like a bus stop. You need half a ton of used cigarret butts, blobs of chewing gum, a strong smell of 'yellow man water', broken seats and glass everywhere, and two old dears that'll batter your head and remind of the war as they push in front of you, even though they are to young to actually remember the war......NOW THATS A BUS STOP!!!