PDA

View Full Version : Cahill Racing Annoucement

Davedigler2004
9th January 2007, 21:25
Tomorrow afternoon at IMS. They will be making an official annoucement, entering a 2-car effort for Milka Duno and Jeff Mitrisin for the 2007 IRL season.

Davedigler2004
9th January 2007, 22:22
Jeff Mitrisin

Who?

USAC driver ironically nicknamed "The Magician". Lets hope he doesn't "disappear" like most other Sprint car drivers in the IRL as of late.

http://www.knoxvilleraceway.com/DriverProfile.aspx?id=89

http://www.sprintcaronline.com/page19.html

Mihai
9th January 2007, 22:25
A sprint midget racer ? His last name sounds very... Russian.

http://www.motorsport.com/photos/usacsc/2004/pho/usacsc-2004-pho-kp-0108.jpg

Check out the Cahill logo on this 2004 sprint car picture.

Davedigler2004
9th January 2007, 22:28

http://www.motorsport.com/photos/usacsc/2004/pho/usacsc-2004-pho-kp-0108.jpg

Check out the Cahill logo on this 2004 sprint car picture.

Nope. An American from OK. I believe.

http://www.knoxvilleraceway.com/Driv...ile.aspx?id=89

http://www.sprintcaronline.com/page19.html

Mihai
9th January 2007, 22:46
Of course he is American, I don't know any Russian named 'Jeff', but he is almost certainly a person of Russian descent.

BobbyC
10th January 2007, 14:03
Think too of the nickname of Bill Vukovich in 1952. ("The Mad Russian")

Quetch
10th January 2007, 18:35
Think too of the nickname of Bill Vukovich in 1952. ("The Mad Russian")

If that nickname came from his last name it was not quite accurate. Vukovich sounds more like a Serbian or Croatian name rather than Russian.

10th January 2007, 20:21

Whereas Andretti & Unser are good old American names?

If you wanted a race with drivers with traditional American names in it, would Penske have to drop Sam Hornish and sign "Dances With Wolves"?

Mark in Oshawa
11th January 2007, 00:08
The beauty of America is everyone has a family tree that goes back to somewhere's else, even native Americans, who trace their roots back to the last ice age when they crossed over from Asia....mind you, I don't think records were kept!

Sleeper
11th January 2007, 00:16
^If you do that the whole world would trace back to Kenya.

canada
11th January 2007, 01:42
^If you do that the whole world would trace back to Kenya.

The "Out of Africa" theory is just one theory out there. ;)

Jonesi
11th January 2007, 02:20
If that nickname came from his last name it was not quite accurate. Vukovich sounds more like a Serbian or Croatian name rather than Russian.

You really can't accurately make those assumptions. Most people never take my last name as being Russian.

Alexamateo
11th January 2007, 04:23
Whereas Andretti & Unser are good old American names?

If you wanted a race with drivers with traditional American names in it, would Penske have to drop Sam Hornish and sign "Dances With Wolves"?

I don't think Mihai was complaining that his name wasn't "American" enough, especially considering he's from Romania. I think he was just commenting on the origin of Mitrisin's name.

Jonesi
13th January 2007, 05:03
Tomorrow afternoon at IMS. They will be making an official annoucement, entering a 2-car effort for Milka Duno and Jeff Mitrisin for the 2007 IRL season.

It's Friday evening, did the annoucement not happen, or did I miss it?

cos
13th January 2007, 15:22
Someone had a "family emergency" apparently.

Alexamateo
15th January 2007, 15:52
THere may be another potential problem:

Supposedly Cahill was buying 4 used Panoz chassis from Chip Ganassi. He has not picked those up yet. It seems that in the change to the 3.5L engine and the switch to ethanol. The Panoz is having cooling issues. Put simply, ethanol burns hotter than methanol, and the configuration of the Panoz cars is leading to problems dissipating heat. This could be a problem for lower budget teams like Cahill and Indy one-offs hoping to pick up a relatively inexpensive Panoz.

Quetch
15th January 2007, 21:17
Is that car up there is a Silver Crown car? Sorry for my ignorance, but with a European background, I'm unfamiliar with this type of racing. Looks pretty cool though.

Mitrisin5J
16th January 2007, 17:11
Jeff is actually from Iowa and yes that is a silver crown crown. USAC no longer uses that version on pavement though.

weeflyonthewall
17th January 2007, 01:14
THere may be another potential problem:

Supposedly Cahill was buying 4 used Panoz chassis from Chip Ganassi. He has not picked those up yet. It seems that in the change to the 3.5L engine and the switch to ethanol. The Panoz is having cooling issues. Put simply, ethanol burns hotter than methanol, and the configuration of the Panoz cars is leading to problems dissipating heat. This could be a problem for lower budget teams like Cahill and Indy one-offs hoping to pick up a relatively inexpensive Panoz.

Might that spell disaster for overheating in any 500 miler? Regardless of chassis.

Alexamateo
17th January 2007, 02:00
Might that spell disaster for overheating in any 500 miler? Regardless of chassis.

I really don't know any of the technical aspects, just what I read. For whatever reasons, airflow, radiators, proximity of body to headers etc, the Panoz is having problems that the Dallara is not having. Now over 500 miles, or race conditions when part of a hotdog wrapper blocks part of a radiator, who knows? There may be more engine failures this year.

FormerFF
17th January 2007, 03:01
Is that car up there is a Silver Crown car? Sorry for my ignorance, but with a European background, I'm unfamiliar with this type of racing. Looks pretty cool though.

No such luck. That's a wingless sprint car, as USAC would race. They've turned the Silver Crown cars into this:

http://www.speedtv.com/commentary/21659/

Not too popular of a move, I would guess.

Alexamateo
8th February 2007, 21:17
FWIW Both Milka & Mitrisin were at Daytona testing, albeit without cars. Cahill just might get this thing off the ground after all.

grungex
9th February 2007, 01:24
How could they be testing without cars???

Alexamateo
9th February 2007, 03:56
How could they be testing without cars???

Excuse my grammer, They were in attendance with credentials at the Daytona tests.

Although, if you read "testing" as a noun, the sentence works. If you read it as a verb, of course it doesn't. I think if I was in English comp, I would get a "-5" for clarity. :p : ;) :)

grungex
9th February 2007, 16:58
;) :p :D

Jag_Warrior
13th February 2007, 15:20
During the Rolex 24, she made brief mention of the Cahill IRL effort and she didn't seem all that hopeful that a deal would come together. More of a "maybe... we'll see" type thing.

If Milka's hubby made couple of calls, no doubt, she'd have enough money to cover her side of a ride buy in the time it takes an EFT to get from Venezuela to Indiana. Wonder why the deal hasn't come together? Is it going to be an Indy only deal, if there's a deal at all?

grungex
14th February 2007, 03:21
The thought of Milka doing an Indy 500 run with no previous IRL experience is terrifying.

Jag_Warrior
14th February 2007, 16:36
"Oh, what a heartbreaker! Milka's slowly coming down pitroad. Only three laps into the race and Milka's car seems to have developed electrical problems."