PDA

View Full Version : What light bulbs do you use

leno
12th January 2008, 11:41
My light bulbs are very week so i m planning to change it i have h4 12V 55W osram daylight and i m not happy with them. Any idea which light bulbs are good??

Daniel
12th January 2008, 17:10
I have some 100w bulbs that I ordered on the internet by accident. They're very good but also very illegal. Has the front of your headlight gone yellow or discoloured? This can cause your headlights to become dimmer over time.

leno
12th January 2008, 17:30
I have some 100w bulbs that I ordered on the internet by accident. They're very good but also very illegal. Has the front of your headlight gone yellow or discoloured? This can cause your headlights to become dimmer over time.

I dont want to risk and try 100W bulbs because it can damage light because of temperature. And headlights didn't become yellow?

Is it possible that bulbs which i use now are too old?

Daniel
12th January 2008, 18:05
Not that I'm aware of. Perhaps you need to try a different temperature of light.

leno
12th January 2008, 22:56
Not that I'm aware of. Perhaps you need to try a different temperature of light.

Which one do you have?

Daniel
12th January 2008, 23:01
Which one do you have?
Not sure. They're Bosch ones and they're blue (to look at) but put out a nice white light. No they're no those stupid blue lights that chavvy people put in their cars so they look like Xenons :)

leno
12th January 2008, 23:03
Not sure. They're Bosch ones and they're blue (to look at) but put out a nice white light. No they're no those stupid blue lights that chavvy people put in their cars so they look like Xenons :)

i heard that blue lights just look better but they dont give better light so definetely i will buy white ones just need to get more info :D

tsarcasm
15th January 2008, 08:24
PIAA bulbs are very good, and only pull 65w. They are overpriced...

The problem with 100w bulbs is you may/will melt your housings and sockets. I ran these once and had to solder in new H4/9003 sockets; the old ones looked like wax.

Slyvania, makes a good "HID-ish" bulb for $40usd ($20quid a set?) called "SilverStars". I have used these for 3+ years and they illuminate well and last. It's a bright white, not so blue or purple. For those you'll need the PIAA SuperPlasma GT but they are spendy and burn out quickly. I went through 3x sets of those also, only last 3 months tops...

306 Cosworth
15th January 2008, 19:00
I'm looking at getting some rally lights from Halfords £9.99 for 1 bulb though, I only want them for the extra brightness and range round the country lanes :up: