PDA

View Full Version : Safari Rally Situation

J4MIE
11th January 2008, 17:40
Does anyone have any information about the Safari Rally?

With most governments around the world advising against all but essential travel to the country, if it goes on for much longer will they be able to run the event? Surely the situation is much worse than Dakar? :s

I hope things can get back to normal there, not just because of the rally.

Madeira
11th January 2008, 17:58
Does anyone have any information about the Safari Rally?

With most governments around the world advising against all but essential travel to the country, if it goes on for much longer will they be able to run the event? Surely the situation is much worse than Dakar? :s

I hope things can get back to normal there, not just because of the rally.

According the press release from IRC, due the political difficulties in Kenya the organizers of safari rally have decided not Inclued this race on the IRC calendar this season!

PLuto
11th January 2008, 18:12
In view of the political difficulties in Kenya recently, it is with extreme regret that the organisers of the Intercontinental Rally Challenge have decided not to include the Safari Rally on the IRC calendar this year. The Safari Rally will remain part of the African Championship and will run as scheduled from March 21-23.

Jacques Behar, the President of IRC series promoter Eurosport Events commented: “After a great deal of careful consideration, we have decided that we have no choice but to omit the Safari Rally from the calendar this year. I feel very sorry for the event organisers, who have put in so much work to make the rally a success, and we look forward to welcoming the Safari back onto the IRC calendar in 2009 if the political situation has stabilised. The Safari Rally remains an icon of world motorsport, but the safety of our competitors will always be our primary concern. Our decision not to include the Safari Rally this year is no reflection on the event organisers, who are the unfortunate victims of political circumstances.”

The Safari Rally will be given ‘IRC Supporter Event’ status this year, prior to its expected return to the full series in 2009. Highlights of this year’s event will also be shown on Eurosport. The possibility of replacing the Safari’s slot on the IRC

J4MIE
11th January 2008, 18:20
Ah, that's disappointing but understandable. I had checked on the safari and IRC websites but couldn't see any information..

PLuto
11th January 2008, 18:27
Ah, that's disappointing but understandable. I had checked on the safari and IRC websites but couldn't see any information..

IRC website is veeeeeeeeeeeeery slow :mad:

Tom206wrc
11th January 2008, 20:23
Sad but foreseeable... :(

J4MIE
11th January 2008, 22:45
Will there be an event to replace it in April, what could be considered?

PuddleJumper
11th January 2008, 23:36
From Eurosport:
"The possibility of replacing the Safari's slot on the IRC calendar with another event in April is currently being considered."

NRI
12th January 2008, 09:17
In april, there is 3 important events, all at the same date (18/19/20 ap.)and all on tarmac.
- 1000 miglia (ERC) but there is already an IRC event in Italy (San Remo)
- Rallye Lyon-Charbonnières (FRC)
- Pirelli Int. Rally (BRC)

There is no IRC slot in France neither in GB ...

Grant_RSA
12th January 2008, 10:17
How about replacing it with one of the south african rounds! that way its in Africa and there will be probably another 11 S2000's competing!

Livewireshock
12th January 2008, 11:30
How about replacing it with one of the south african rounds! that way its in Africa and there will be probably another 11 S2000's competing!

That is a sound idea. South Africa is arguably the birthplace of S2000. So there is no doubt alot of adequate cars to make up a competitive field. Plus it is a fly away round that will replace a fly away round.

Basically, you can hardly call it an Inter-Continental Rally Challenge when it is all on one continent bar one event in China.

Speaking of which, it was stated that it was mandatory to compete in at least one fly-away event. If a European rally is chosen to replace the Safari, would that make it now compulsory for everyone to attend China? Hardly fair on competitors who have forked out big dollars in order to comply, heading to China, if the other half of the field now can stay close to home. If it is made voluntary to attend China, then the field will be small because of the huge cost.

pino
12th January 2008, 20:00
Very bad news (especially for those people who are living there and are facing this crazy war)... and back to Rallying, I would love if they could replace the Safari with a snow event :D

Burak
14th January 2008, 23:48
I think Turkey will be in the calendar ;)

PLuto
15th January 2008, 00:10
I think Turkey will be in the calendar ;)

I don't think so. IRC wanted Turkey in spring, but organisers stand out autumn date. And make gravel event two weeks after tarmac Barum and one week before tarmac Principe Asturias... No, I think Istanbul Rally won't be in IRC calendar...

Tom206wrc
15th January 2008, 11:33
It would have been the best occasion to enter Arctic Lapland Rally in this case... ;)

M5
15th January 2008, 17:09
It would have been the best occasion to enter Arctic Lapland Rally in this case... ;)

Totally aggree !!! :D

PLuto
15th January 2008, 22:58
I don't think so. IRC wanted Turkey in spring, but organisers stand out autumn date. And make gravel event two weeks after tarmac Barum and one week before tarmac Principe Asturias... No, I think Istanbul Rally won't be in IRC calendar...

Only one chance is to make this rally earlier in the spring...

Burak
15th January 2008, 23:38
http://www.ircseries.com/html/Calendar.asp
2008 calendar published at official irc website. There are 9 rallies in this calendar. No Safari, No Istanbul

PLuto
17th January 2008, 21:21
Istanbul Rally instead of Safari in IRC calendar: http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=5859

PJRevs
17th January 2008, 21:36
If I understand well, start is in April?

Karbonyl
17th January 2008, 22:20
Yep ;)

23rd June 2008, 05:00
For years now video AOC Gold (http://www.usfine.com/Age-of-Conan-USA-c-151.html) gamers have been seeking assistance Age of Conan Gold (http://www.usfine.com/Runescape-Powerleveling-c-90.html) in playing and conquering the games that they live for. This assistance is sometimes found online, from television shows, or printed cheat materials. Age of Conan Power Leveling (http://www.usfine.com/Age-of-Conan-US-PL-c-146.html) Many of these items have successfully helped gamers achieve victory, but they cannot help with all games. AOC Power leveling (http://www.usfine.com/Age-of-Conan-US-PL-c-146.html) Using weapons to conquer and efeat may not sound that difficult, but if you have played before than you may realize that it is not as easy as it sounds. The good and valuable weapons must be paid for with . The easiest way to find is to buy it. Similar to the above mentioned resources, purchasing is a great way for a player to enjoy and Age of Conan PowerLeveling (http://www.usfine.com/Age-of-Conan-US-PL-c-146.html) conquer the game.

Red bull
13th March 2010, 10:11
security situation in kenya is back to normal so if irc is brought back to kenya it will b awsome,how do you boost of being a world champion if you ommited one of toughest rallies in the world,the greatest safari rally?

Barreis
13th March 2010, 12:16
Safari should be in WRC.. :)

Audimadgeoff
23rd March 2010, 18:14
The Safari Rally takes place next weekend, already has 64 entries and also runs a new route this year!

Whilst it is targetted as a candidate rally in 2011 the rally has to prove that it is commercially viable to be part of the WRC! As previously mentioned there is also the issue of closed road stages. Next weeks rally will run on closed roads- ie no one allowed through the stage start or finish... but there is nothing to stop you driving through the savanna to get to where you want to go! (It would be interesting to hear what they do to control spectators accessing stages in the MERC?)

J4MIE
24th March 2010, 22:36
Geoff you are trying to get me worried, it is the weekend after next! ;)